Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PvP Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Armand View Post
    Here's an idea, code some gates and implement proper fortifications (structures that can't be glitched through) & a decent combat mechanic.

I'd rather the core of the matter be resolved. There's plenty of pvp to be had, just step out of your safe zone every now and then.
    Therein lies the problem. No one ever does, and if they do, they always know the fastest route back to their safe zone.

Thats why we need an idea like one of these to get rid of the safezone for those tribes that want to be involved in pvp.

I'd like to see a system that encourages pvp, like regional resources (which I'm fairly certain are planned for the future).

I don't think that there is anything wrong that players know the fastest way back to their safe zones, but I would like to see some measures for players to hinder other players from being able to get to their safe zones, and some counter-measures to that too.

Like, if someone is running away, then you use an ability that lowers their movement speed. But they might have an ability that if their movement speed is lowered then their damage and defense is increased a little bit. Stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    I'd like to see a system that encourages pvp, like regional resources (which I'm fairly certain are planned for the future).

I don't think that there is anything wrong that players know the fastest way back to their safe zones, but I would like to see some measures for players to hinder other players from being able to get to their safe zones, and some counter-measures to that too.

Like, if someone is running away, then you use an ability that lowers their movement speed. But they might have an ability that if their movement speed is lowered then their damage and defense is increased a little bit. Stuff like that.
    On regional resources;

Tar is the hot topic of this week. Many people have spoken out against tribes that camped up on it. These are the same people who also like sitting in their safe zones never being in conflict with the world. They're now being presented with a built-in regional conflict of interest and their answer is not to solve it in game, but have the developers program a solution that nullifies the conflict.

These people don't want a dynamic game where people have to fight over resources, or negotiate deals, or deal with anything difficult. They only desire to not have anything get in the way of what they want. I'm very concerned the developers will listen to their crying and make it so everyone has tar, and conflict is averted, and people go back to crafting in their safezones...

If this is the case -- if this is the devs response -- "regional resources" wont encourage anything at all.

Agreed with Colonels suggested system.

Therein lies the problem. No one ever does, and if they do, they always know the fastest route back to their safe zone.
    Can you blame them? I mean 'come over here next to my hand, so I can smack ya.' usually elicits that response doesn't it?

These people don't want a dynamic game where people have to fight over resources, or negotiate deals, or deal with anything difficult. They only desire to not have anything get in the way of what they want. I'm very concerned the developers will listen to their crying and make it so everyone has tar, and conflict is averted, and people go back to crafting in their safezones...
    What he said ^^

/signed

What zone?

Regardless of ideas posted in this thread, it is still not going to be viable until-

Combat is reworked, balanced, etc
    Weapons/armor have a meaning/balanced in combat, and are worth losing
    Safezones - out. You'll just have homesteaders and tribes abusing it mainly bc there is no real HONOR system among pvp'ers in online games.

Too bad a pvp server wasnt actually created at launch...methinks the game would have been MUCH better at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    On regional resources;

Tar is the hot topic of this week. Many people have spoken out against tribes that camped up on it. These are the same people who also like sitting in their safe zones never being in conflict with the world. They're now being presented with a built-in regional conflict of interest and their answer is not to solve it in game, but have the developers program a solution that nullifies the conflict.

If this is the case -- if this is the devs response -- "regional resources" wont encourage anything at all.
    EXCELLENT POST!

I want the opposite - to fight for my right to do anything! Not have everything handed to me. Kinda like id actually be simulating a "post apocalyptic world" or something...

@ColonelTEE3 +5

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    On regional resources;

It would be a pity if that happens and would probably kill the game. Since the people that finally get everything will the realize that there is nothing to do with that they have.