Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    There's no doubt that the population has shrunk since the first launch attempt end february. Where the players went is of no concern but why they left might be worth a consideration.

There's not one reason but a few of them:

1. The technical problems. Right to the first launch attempt the game ran very well for me, with launch (and the heavier population?) the problems started to crop up. Lag, performance problems, crashes, rollbacks. Combine that with a few less than stellar decisions from the development team. People have given up.

2. The PK-ers. The game with it's current ruleset is a PK-ers wet dream. The type of PK-er that does not want a good fight but wants to win, no matter how cheasy the win is. The game does not have any alignment penalties, any consequences or any risk for the PK-er. Victims of excessive PK-ing have given up.

3. The powergamers, many of them coming into the game with pre-made guilds from other games (mostly Darkfall, MO, Shadowbane). Many cheated, macro-ed, multi-boxed their characters to high levels and built there village up in no time. And now they have nothing left to do. Why they came into this game at all is still a mystery to me, anyway, some (many?) of them have given up by now because they're bored.

Personally, I still enjoy the game, very much even so. Will the developers be able to tackle the mentioned problems? I've no idea, time will tell.

Well said and agree 100%

I have wandered the continent and have run across many empty homesteads, I even checked a few of the larger guilds in my area and have noticed reduced numbers, very few guilds are growing and most are stagnant.

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning_Linguist View Post
    There are a lot of negative people on these forums. I am not sure why either. The game isn't finished, it's in development. None of that is hidden from you, the devs are honest. They said the pvp system is filler, what else would you like them to do beisedes finish it RIGHT NOW, which while I'm sure they would love to, is impossible. It has to be done as it is being done and can't be done faster than that.

In Darkfall people have the same complaints, but that is because the devs wont tell us what thier intentions are or give any kind of timeline at all. I can see why those people are upset. But here? The devs said prelude will have safezones and pvp is just a filler until the end, which will be 6 months or more. They have said they intend to have a M&B like combat system, will have bows and arrows eventually, and maybe even magic.

I find it so strange to see people post 'dis sux, ders no pvp' and when you say 'okay but they intend to fix that while wrapping up prelude, so whats wrong?' and they still answer, 'well ders no pvp and safe zones sux.'

Not to mention that they are balancing the lag issues which sets them back a bit. They are being honest and transparent. They are posting updates almost daily. All I can say is there are like 5 guys on the forums that are the biggest crybabies I've ever heard from. You act like the devs made up this game just to get you to buy it so they could stare and laugh at you while you get frustrated that you can't have your game RIGHT NOW. Go play frisbee or something. Relax.

And as for the people that have quit so far, thats just what happens in indi mmos, especially when you tell them how amazing the game is without mentioning that the dev team is tiny, the game isn't finished, pvp is just a filler, etc etc. If you hype it up and it's not finished they will laugh and leave, especially those instant gratification wow kids. Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning_Linguist View Post
    There are a lot of negative people on these forums. I am not sure why either. The game isn't finished, it's in development. None of that is hidden from you, the devs are honest. They said the pvp system is filler, what else would you like them to do beisedes finish it RIGHT NOW, which while I'm sure they would love to, is impossible. It has to be done as it is being done and can't be done faster than that.

In Darkfall people have the same complaints, but that is because the devs wont tell us what thier intentions are or give any kind of timeline at all. I can see why those people are upset. But here? The devs said prelude will have safezones and pvp is just a filler until the end, which will be 6 months or more. They have said they intend to have a M&B like combat system, will have bows and arrows eventually, and maybe even magic.

I find it so strange to see people post 'dis sux, ders no pvp' and when you say 'okay but they intend to fix that while wrapping up prelude, so whats wrong?' and they still answer, 'well ders no pvp and safe zones sux.'

Not to mention that they are balancing the lag issues which sets them back a bit. They are being honest and transparent. They are posting updates almost daily. All I can say is there are like 5 guys on the forums that are the biggest crybabies I've ever heard from. You act like the devs made up this game just to get you to buy it so they could stare and laugh at you while you get frustrated that you can't have your game RIGHT NOW. Go play frisbee or something. Relax.

And as for the people that have quit so far, thats just what happens in indi mmos, especially when you tell them how amazing the game is without mentioning that the dev team is tiny, the game isn't finished, pvp is just a filler, etc etc. If you hype it up and it's not finished they will laugh and leave, especially those instant gratification wow kids. Grow up.
    I don't think truer words have been typed regarding the game.

LOL the team is to lazy to change thier front page. Go to features and look at the freaking features nothing says not in game yet, how is somone supposed to know that if they go to the website and read that, Im sure they update the Order Now button frequently tho lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade512 View Post
    I don't think truer words have been typed regarding the game.

You are just Illmaculate's lackey. That dumbass put LOL after mentioning the combat system in his features post. You do know the current combat system is a placeholder right? That's like if I am the contractor building a house, and I offer you to come see it before we finish putting in the tile to see what you'd like (because remember this game is also being developed by the player base with suggestions, if you don't know that you haven't followed long enough or done enough reading, or any reading at all) and instead of visualizing what everything would look like and making your suggestions you say "OH EM GEE, Derz no floor tiles!!!! RAGE!" The contractor will look at you like you are a fucking moron, because you are one.

The devs have said, posted it up, re-posted it, and even interjected it in forums conversations for morons like you, that half that stuff in the feature list isn't implemented yet as they have to do it in steps. Turn this on, fix bugs, turn next thing on, fix bugs with it and bugs that come up from the two systems working together, not to mention all the exploits the player base uses that have to be squashed. The point is, you aren't a programmer, you don't read well, and you probably haven't played that many MMOs because all of this progression is par for the course. If you don't know that you are either too young, aren't paying attention, or are just flat out stupid as a piece of shit.

All you are doing is running people away from this unfinished game by whining on the forums. We all want the game to be done, we all like it, but how many times are you going to cry on the forums before you get bitch slapped with reality?

Quote Originally Posted by Anark1st View Post
    LOL the team is to lazy to change thier front page. Go to features and look at the freaking features nothing says not in game yet, how is somone supposed to know that if they go to the website and read that, Im sure they update the Order Now button frequently tho lol.
    How goes the self-righteous crusade? Have you even submitted a request for a refund yet?

I started release with 21 players.
    I currently have 4-5 actives, several cancellations and a dozen or so sitting on the fence not wanting to waste their time until things are fixed.

it's all fine and dandy for the devs to state that things will be fixed, this is getting redesigned, etc. etc. but when you release a game that is borderline unplayable for a large portion of the players...well 'what is' trumps woulda/coulda/wantta all day long.

2. The PK-ers. The game with it's current ruleset is a PK-ers wet dream. The type of PK-er that does not want a good fight but wants to win, no matter how cheasy the win is. The game does not have any alignment penalties, any consequences or any risk for the PK-er. Victims of excessive PK-ing have given up.
    THis is a completely untrue. This game is horrible for pk in its current state. The only upside is that its ffa. Everything else about it is..well horrible just doesn't quite describe it badly enough. Unfortunately, bad pvp is the only content in the game after you finish building your sand castle. And yes, we get it, you don't like pvp. Sorry.

3. The powergamers, many of them coming into the game with pre-made guilds from other games (mostly Darkfall, MO, Shadowbane). Many cheated, macro-ed, multi-boxed their characters to high levels and built there village up in no time. And now they have nothing left to do. Why they came into this game at all is still a mystery to me, anyway, some (many?) of them have given up by now because they're bored.
    What 'high levels'? this has nothing to do with any of the virtual boogeyman (cheat, multi-box, macro) and everything to do with zero content outside of building your sand castle.

Bottom line, the game is bleeding players and goodwill because:
    a) Horrible launch. Unplayable for days at a time. Still unplayable for some because of fps issues.
    b) Missing content. No animals. No decay. No Allignment.
    c) Bad content. FUBAR combat mechanics (we knew this going in...but it is still worth stating the level of horrible), Overpowered pre-order weapons that render all player crafted weapons and equipment worthless, Resource abundance that alls everyone self sufficiency, safe zone mechanic that permits macroing. blah blah blah.

I'm one of my 4 still playing. I'm hoping that they can pull something out of their hat...they are just going to need to do it in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    I started release with 21 players.
    I currently have 4-5 actives, several cancellations and a dozen or so sitting on the fence not wanting to waste their time until things are fixed.

it's all fine and dandy for the devs to state that things will be fixed, this is getting redesigned, etc. etc. but when you release a game that is borderline unplayable for a large portion of the players...well 'what is' trumps woulda/coulda/wantta all day long.

THis is a completely untrue. This game is horrible for pk in its current state. The only upside is that its ffa. Everything else about it is..well horrible just doesn't quite describe it badly enough. Unfortunately, bad pvp is the only content in the game after you finish building your sand castle. And yes, we get it, you don't like pvp. Sorry.

What 'high levels'? this has nothing to do with any of the virtual boogeyman (cheat, multi-box, macro) and everything to do with zero content outside of building your sand castle.

Bottom line, the game is bleeding players and goodwill because:
    a) Horrible launch. Unplayable for days at a time. Still unplayable for some because of fps issues.
    b) Missing content. No animals. No decay. No Allignment.
    c) Bad content. FUBAR combat mechanics (we knew this going in...but it is still worth stating the level of horrible), Overpowered pre-order weapons that render all player crafted weapons and equipment worthless, Resource abundance that alls everyone self sufficiency, safe zone mechanic that permits macroing. blah blah blah.

I'm one of my 4 still playing. I'm hoping that they can pull something out of their hat...they are just going to need to do it in a hurry.
    Shh we are suppose to be happy with medicre products because we were told some are placeholders, but 80% of the content will be in at release. Unless action is going to be put to good use I'd say this game is gonna flop. Ps I really hate fanbois from every game. They try sugar coating everything. From Aoc, WH, APB, Darkfall.

Actually it seems to me Devs are less worried about making a good game with unique features and more so about the revenue they will generate. Then placing a small team to handle the game until they have to cancel it. If only they knew good games and revenue are one in the same. Games are becoming more and more shitty in the mmorpg realm and more based on WoW. The Indie teams that try to make a good game usually fail hard because they don't have the experience, resources and time to accomplish their game. This is why you keep seeing the bands of people hopping from mmorpg to mmorpg. No games are like Uo, SWG, Shadowbane,DAOC anymore. Darkfall could have this, but their dev teams are imbeciles. Most people don't want to leave WoW because its the best game for their money out there in terms of themepark, but give them a WoW/Blizzard polished sandbox game and they would flock to it. Sadly that is the point of this paragraph rant. We need a competent, money backed dev team that is not strickly money oriented to make a sandbox game. /Rant from a person that has been hopping to different mmorpgs for the past 4 years now.

How bout dat patch today?

Oh... nope. game isn't finished completely yet, go ahead and keep bitchin (even though they already told you all that). I heard somewhere that angry people die younger, I wonder if that's true.

I'm playing. Having fun. So are my neighbors.