Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Animals??

Animals??

Some tribe mates and I traveled at least 20 zones today and did not see 1 animal. The spawn rate or spawns need to be increased greatly. I want to be a hunter/pvp. I do not want to craft all day. With pvp being less than desirable right now I want to go kill a rabbit. Since release I have only killed 1 coyote.

Agreed, have encountered no animals in many zones. Killed one.

Animals should respawn according to size: rabbits should be numerous and always present. Coons should be common. Deer and coyotes should run in packs, and stay populated. Bears should be rare and very tough.

Quote Originally Posted by billpaustin View Post
    Agreed, have encountered no animals in many zones. Killed one.

Animals should respawn according to size: rabbits should be numerous and always present. Coons should be common. Deer and coyotes should run in packs, and stay populated. Bears should be rare and very tough.
    agreed, right now animal spawn rates are terrible.

already signed one of these posts and will sign this one animal spawn rate needs a drastic overhaul

Xsyon Citizen
    Animals? There's animals in this game?

It's disappointing right now. One of my favorite things to do in beta was to go animal tracking and maybe get a little pvp, at least when I first started. It is not possible now. I have spent quite a few hours just running around looking for something to kill and I have now given up. Sucks too, because I need some animal parts for my craft.

More animals = more hunters = more random encounters = more pvp = win

You think? Yeah, I waster an hour running around looking for animals. I am really trying to be a Bonecrafter, but it is pretty hard without bones.

I spent an entire evening exploring some far mountains, next to the mist. I never saw a person, and never saw an animal either.

Let's add another couple basics:
    1) coyotes and raccoons can live among humans. They should spawn among them, at a rapid rate.
    2) deer will come down to water in the evenings, or at least once a day
    3) bears will head to junk piles at night. It is common to see bears going through the trash bins at night around where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by billpaustin View Post
    I spent an entire evening exploring some far mountains, next to the mist. I never saw a person, and never saw an animal either.

Let's add another couple basics:
    1) coyotes and raccoons can live among humans. They should spawn among them, at a rapid rate.
    2) deer will come down to water in the evenings, or at least once a day
    3) bears will head to junk piles at night. It is common to see bears going through the trash bins at night around where I live.
    Y'know , it's so...depressing to see posts like this on Xsyon forum. Community got all the great ideas to fix if not latency/lag , but gameplay so it would be bearable and fun to explore. Tons of fresh and good ideas , and not so hard to implement them (if you've got tools and experience to do it).
    Is there any way to forward this post to devs so it will be implemented?

1) not just among people. coyotes and racoons may live on their own too , so just measure entire map with squares of (for ex) 200-200 and place spawn in each
    2) hard to code and handle after coding. Better make them spawn somewhere near lake or river and then wander around (70% will go away from water , 30% get stuck near water).
    3) what bear forgot in a scrap pile of plastic, metal, leather (!) and cloth? That feature makes no sense for creature that survived atomic war. Would be nice to put them like deers near water (bears fishing in rivers , makes sense) , but will overcrowd watery areas with deers using same logic)