Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All macroing would be impossible if windows created some sorf of protection from this. Also intel. And the hardware manufacturers

Blame those guys

Quote Originally Posted by Zenmaster13 View Post
    The problem is the macroer. The symptom is over skilled players who become bored because they macroed, thus creating another problem.

I often hear the same argument you put forward. " I am saving myself from carpo-tunnel". BS, if you really want to save your wrists, why are you playing at all? Very weak premise. Yes it does give you an advantage( not that I care, because I don't let it affect me). Most software and games have repetitve tasks involving clicks and keyboard commands. This is something you cannot get away from if you want to play ANY game.

The problem is more with the people wanting it all now or as soon as possible, not with game design. If it could be prevented through game design, it would already have been done. Dispute this if you want, but there have been millions of hours put in by programmers all around the world, but no software exists with repetitive tasks, that is unmacroable.
    I'd like to know what advantage it gives, based on your opinion. If I sit at the computer, clicking the entire time, or I have something click for me while I sit at the computer. Both can only operate at the same speed. Both have the same timers for creating/gathering.

So if they added a system to crafting that checked to see if you had what was needed, and all you had to do was click once. Hell, even say "I want to make 10" so you type 10 and click once, that it would somehow break things?

Seriously?

As it is, if I want to make 10 forager paddles, simple, 2 items to make. I click 100 times for the stone, 20 times to pick each item, 10 times for each create. Not to mention all the mouse dragging.

Does this make the game fun somehow?

Sure, ALL games have repetitive tasks, I never said they didn't. But a lot of games try to actually make the gameplay where it doesn't require a retarded amount of clicks/movements to perform them. And guess what, in those games, I haven't bothered looking at macros because THERE WAS NO POINT.

Some people make macro's to avoid these pointless repetitions. Others do it to gain skill while not having to sit at the machine. Both of these could be mitigated by changes to the way skill gain occurs as well as how gameplay is done. Gameplay improvements benefit everyone. Wasting guide time hunting down afk macroers is semi effective and doesn't benefit anyone directly.

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    All macroing would be impossible if windows created some sorf of protection from this. Also intel. And the hardware manufacturers

Blame those guys
    LOL.

I work for a software testing company. I'd have to change careers if this were the case. Automation makes testing much much smoother. Not that you'd ever see any kind of block of what automation software can do at the OS level.

Quote Originally Posted by niccoli00 View Post
    LOL.

I work for a software testing company. I'd have to change careers if this were the case. Automation makes testing much much smoother. Not that you'd ever see any kind of block of what automation software can do at the OS level.
    No really, U would still have the job, but the programmers who write macro programs to hack games, would be out of job, u know how?

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    No really, U would still have the job, but the programmers who write macro programs to hack games, would be out of job, u know how?
    You do realize the same tools I use at work, are the same tools that people use to write macros/bots/etc. Apparently not, based on your statement. There are a few programs that were specifically written for games, but for the most part, the generic tools are what people are using.

I personally do not macro, as I feel I would miss something during my characters development. I have in the past used software to gain an advantage. It is called voip. Teamspeak and the like give a group of players a huge advantage over those that don't. Everyone on your voip servers talking about how macroers are ruining your game, consider what the people who don't use voice chat think of you and they'd have just as valid claims as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurk View Post
    I personally do not macro, as I feel I would miss something during my characters development. I have in the past used software to gain an advantage. It is called voip. Teamspeak and the like give a group of players a huge advantage over those that don't. Everyone on your voip servers talking about how macroers are ruining your game, consider what the people who don't use voice chat think of you and they'd have just as valid claims as you.
    BAN TS/Vent/Skype/etc!!

"it's too boring to click my Button"......
    So therefore i am entitled to cheat.
    Friggin buffoons surround me wherever i go in life. You know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by niccoli00 View Post
    You do realize the same tools I use at work, are the same tools that people use to write macros/bots/etc. Apparently not, based on your statement. There are a few programs that were specifically written for games, but for the most part, the generic tools are what people are using.
    What im saying is blame the microsoft, and intel. They are the ones who is responsible for this.