They need to add things to the game to make it less stagnate. Creatures, "dungeons," content, etcetera.

They also need to add abilities and make crafting more differentiated. Eve's crafting works fine because there are a ton of skills and the real-time progression makes it so that there's enough different specialities that it's likely that you won't be able to get everything from someone in your corp and either you'd need to fill that gap yourself or find someone outside your regular group to buy from.

Right now Xsyon, just like Darkfall before it, is too limited in terms of what players can do, what players can create, and most importantly how much players actually impact the game world.

After they get the technical problems ironed out, they need to implement severe item decay or even item destruction upon death. An MMO economy revolves solely around consumables. Then they need to implement weapon abilities, armor abilities, harvesting abilities, and crafting abilities. They need to branch out each of the skill sets into sub-skills and sub-sub skills and possibly even have abilities take from the skill point pool--all in a bid to encourage specialization.

Since this game doesn't have a time-based progression system to control character expansion, they need to find another method to artificially control skill point acquistion. The current click-wait system encourages macroing (I don't care that macroing is "against the rules" when the game makes it too easy to do so). It's a design flaw and a cop-out, and that needs to be changed, which is why I suggested crafting and harvesting abilities as well.

They also need to add regional resources quickly. The fact that everything is made from either junk piles or trees is just another cop out. I don't give a flying damn about realism in a game if it's going to make the game boring and stagnate.