Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Auto discard option and new item popup window

When grinding crafting one of the most annoying things is that I need to remove items manually from my inventory. Would it be hard to give us an option that would not create an item if I'm just grinding for the sake of skilling? A flag that says "discard item"?

When I learn a new item I would like to see a popup window with that item and required ingridients to make it so I don't have to scroll for 5 minutes down just to see what is new. At least until you give us a crafting list sliders for quick browsing.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    When macroing crafting one of the most annoying things is that I need to remove items manually from my inventory. Would it be hard to give us an option that would not create an item if I'm just macroing for the sake of skilling? A flag that says "discard item"?

When I learn a new item I would like to see a popup window with that item and required ingridients to make it so I don't have to scroll for 5 minutes down just to see what is new. At least until you give us a crafting list sliders for quick browsing.
    Fixed this post.

LOL @ your ignorance. You can not macro crafting without solving the problem of right clicking on different ingridients that are finite in your inventory. There is also a delay and game hickups where you don't select what you want even if you click it.

Strange how someone who is in a known and admitted macroing tribe (pathetic legion) acuses someone else of macroing. If anyone should know something about macroing that is your pathetic tribe. Now go back and run into a wall.

Agree with OP. All that drag and drop and click ok is tiresome and not needed. And yes please, change the message 'You have learnt to craft a new item' to 'You have learnt to craft <insert item name>' !

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Agree with OP. All that drag and drop and click ok is tiresome and not needed. And yes please, change the message 'You have learnt to craft a new item' to 'You have learnt to craft <insert item name>' !
    I agree both with the OP and with a little more information about what you just learned. This will be particularly important if we have a sort / filter of some kind, which we also desperately need.

Along these lines: (yes, I know some of these have been suggested before)

Crafting list needs sorting function and the scroll function needs to be faster. Skill list scrolls faster, why not crafting list?

If you have all the materials and tools in your inventory, you should NOT have to select every item every time! I can understand needing to select theh material components due to variety of material and quality, but the tools?

Clearing out inventory from grinding a craft skill... should be much easier. How about click item and Delete key? Or a trash bin / pile that is a container - put your discard items in it, when you close the trash pile all items in it are deleted from the game. Or, make the campfire a container (gonna need that for cooking anyway) and have fires destroy other items instantly or over a short period of time.

Of course, rather than grinding skill by massive creating of objects, you could go the route Wurm Online went and introduce Improving items to consume resources and grind skill. Plus, as mentioned, it keeps total item count down.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    LOL @ your ignorance. You can not macro crafting without solving the problem of right clicking on different ingridients that are finite in your inventory. There is also a delay and game hickups where you don't select what you want even if you click it.

Strange how someone who is in a known and admitted macroing tribe (pathetic legion) acuses someone else of macroing. If anyone should know something about macroing that is your pathetic tribe. Now go back and run into a wall.
    Clearly you know nothing about macro's its incredible easy to macro crafting. Ever hear of auto it? With one button you can move the mouse to right click drag and drop, much how auto speed looting worked in DF. As for being a known macro Tribe.
    Proof or it didnt happen!

How do you get proof of a macro'er? I keep hearing boasting about how a certain player now has Terra-forming of 100 and 5 crafts now above 85 - Is thus just wishful thinking on his part OR is this a macro'er boasting? Sounds fishy to me since most people who have been playing since launch have a few skill's in the 70 - 80 range

Quote Originally Posted by Rudder View Post
    How do you get proof of a macro'er? I keep hearing boasting about how a certain player now has Terra-forming of 100 and 5 crafts now above 85 - Is thus just wishful thinking on his part OR is this a macro'er boasting? Sounds fishy to me since most people who have been playing since launch have a few skill's in the 70 - 80 range
    I have 93 terraforming, got if from terraforming my tribal area. Not hard to get in a few days. I also have 60 LW. And no I do not macro, not smart enough and too lazy to get a program to work. Plus I like PLAYING the game.

Quote Originally Posted by d3m0nd0 View Post
    Clearly you know nothing about macro's its incredible easy to macro crafting. Ever hear of auto it? With one button you can move the mouse to right click drag and drop, much how auto speed looting worked in DF. As for being a known macro Tribe.
    Proof or it didnt happen!
    WOW, you seems to know a lot about macroing considering that you don't do it (without evidence).

Now "mr. I never macro" if you claim it's easy to make a macro how do you propose solving a problem of your craft list reseting each time you learn a new item? Tough ey? This is not DF, you should not spill your advices that are useless.