Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

PM to Xsyon regarding Emote music.

The following is a post that I made in regards to the strange and unrealistic sound effects that accompany the current Emotes in the game;

Hey Jooky

I just had a quick question, myself and a few of my tribe members have watched the game play video that features the game Emotes and we we somewhat surprised at the way most of them have strange accompanying music.

Why is this? I mean the Emotes look great but the music is somewhat unrealistic and unimmersive, not to mention we all agree that it could be very easily abused for the purpose of spamming people.

Basically what I and my tribe were wondering was will these sounds be able to be turned on/off or will they be changed at all, because currently, whilst we all love the look of them, the sounds are really annoying.

Emote Video; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE2id...layer_embedded

Please make a post about this in the Prelude Talk section. If the community doesn't like these sounds, we can get rid of them / replace them with more realistic human sounds / have a switch to turn them off.

They were meant to be humorous and fun, but if they distract from the game we can at least set a switch.

I'd like to see what others think, so please make that post.

So here is it folks please feel free to express your opinion on the matter. I personally think the best optional Jooky brought up was to replace the strange effects with more realistic human ones.

What do you think?

NOTE FOR CLARIFICATION: Many of the Emotes such as laughing, cheering, crying etc that already have realistic sound effects are fine as they are, it is simply the Emotes that are accompanied by music and other unnatural sounds that are debatable.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Re:PM to Xsyon regarding Emote music.

pretty funny. The guy does an praying emote and it starts to rain :P. Anyhow while I think having an on/off switch would be ideal, I do actually like them, even though they sometimes do not really fit.

i like the emotes personally, the sounds are great and i think they will put a nice comic twist on a lot of funny situations. lazyfrog says keep them in! =]

Yea i do like the emotes , Specially the middle finger! . But they are supposed to be fun and taken with a pinch of salt, However if other people can hear that music to , Then yes it will become annoying fast

i reckon a button to turn off the emote music as a global option , So others cant spam you either , But i dont think it needs a change as i would like to see the effort go elsewhere!

I kinda like them actually. But that may just be because it is different and therefore fresh. However I do see the potential for them to be spammed and get really annoying so an on/off switch would be good to toggle if you hear emotes.

Something like Off/Self only/All.

my $0.02

*edit: i don't mind it staying as is until after prelude is well under way. man-hours is a precious commodity.

jessebfox wrote:
    I kinda like them actually. But that may just be because it is different and therefore fresh. However I do see the potential for them to be spammed and get really annoying so an on/off switch would be good to toggle if you hear emotes.

Something like Off/Self only/All.

my $0.02

*edit: i don't mind it staying as is until after prelude is well under way. man-hours is a precious commodity.
    I think this would be the best option.

A way to have them all off, a way to only hear your own emotes and an option to hear all emotes.

By the way dont get me wrong I like a great many of the emotes, even the Chinese gong when he bowed, or the African singing when he prayed was fine. But you must admit some of the later ones that were simply accompanied by random music was a bit strange and could do with a change.

EDIT: One other issue I can see is that with such an option I will either have to forgo being able to hear the good emotes (The realistic ones like clapping crying etc) as to not be annoyed by the badly done emotes (ones with random musical accompaniment)

Any possible fixes for this?

Maybe you could right click on the emotes icon and set the option for each one individually? I think that would work really well.

I would like the option to turn off emote sounds if they aren't going to be made more realistic.

What does every one think about having the option to individually set each emote to either On/Self Only/Off via a right click or other menu?

I like emotes accompanied with sound effects but probably more so because they are fresh. I am sure they will not be so nice after a few days/weeks of people spamming them.

I agree there should be some way to control emotes that your client plays.

edaw22 wrote:
    What does every one think about having the option to individually set each emote to either On/Self Only/Off via a right click or other menu?
    I support this.

When I first heard the gong sound at the Japanese Bow my first thought was "where did that come from?" These sounds are not a part of the action although they are humorous (nice to see devs with a sense of humor!).

Leader of Ancient Embers at ancientembers.net