Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Andius View Post
    Fix# 2: Pre-order weapon nerf. As an owner of a pre-order weapon I can say, its overpowered, and needs to be nerfed. It is useful enough as a tool that cannot be dropped/a basic fall back weapon if I get looted. It does not need to be insanely powerful on top of that. Nerfing it to do the same or slightly less damage than the weakest crafted weapon of its type is perfectly acceptable to me. When I kill someone and dry loot them, they shouldn't be coming back at me armed with a powerful weapon, and its entirely unfair to new players to make them THAT powerful.
    PO weapons are fine. You just need skills to use them. And new players are screwed anyway, skilled player will kill them with fists.

If I needed skills to use Pre-order weapons... I wouldn't be complaining about them. I'm not complaining because I'm getting beaten up by all the bad men with pre-order axes, I am complaining because I am two hitting people with mine. Thats a bit ridiculous for a weapon that can't be looted. Oh well and of course the people I have already killed still running around armed with them. If I didn't have skills... the "I already killed them" part wouldn't be an issue.

The fact is, if you bring a weapon like that on the battlefield, and you die with it, it should be lootable. Having an un-lootable weapon of ridiculous power is a bit over the top. I fully support unique unlootable items being given away for various things like pre-orders and holidays, but these should be clothing items that give little to no armor, or things with neat abilities like a spyglass or fireworks. Not weapons of immense power.

Agree with #1 if they wont get flagged in thier own tribal safe zone, Agree #2 ,Agree #3 , Disagree #4 that is just to much of a hassle to remove bag slots. If greifers need more bags and containers the should roll basketry or trade..

Well the point is less that they need the actual containers and more that, with #4, rather than sorting through your bins and seeing what you need at the site of the kill, you can snatch the whole bag and take off.

It would primarily be used by bandits and griefers I am sure, but I also would make heavy use of this. If I kill a griefer I don't want to have to manually grab each stolen item from the inside his containers. I mean even if the looting weren't so buggy, I'd spend 100% of my loot time recovering what he just stole from someone else. I want to grab his bags, and go. After I am safe I can then sort through his goods and return the stolen ones to their owners.

While This isnt a Pvp Focus'd game, PVP Should still be an important access, as one of the points of this game is survival and realism, And not all tribes will get along, and when politics and trade fail, fighting might be the only option left to resolve this issue. For Better Or Worse, many Tribes/Clans/Civilisations/Races have been wiped from the face of the earth, from misunderstandings to hatred. Its part of human nature, and for both the Pvp'ers and Roleplayers, it consider this a vital part of this game, being it the main focus of the game or not.

This has nothing to do with darkfall, its to do with immersion. To be completely immersed in this world, even for the carebears, Fear is an important aspect. And thats also why pvp needs to be revamped and improved. One if the first reviews i read about this game wasnt the "crafting" or the "world building" or even its sandbox design. It was about moving through the world, heart pounding from fear, at the prospect of being found and kill, danger around every corner, And very few safe places to be, really making that post apocliptic world seem more real. Returning to that mankind to its primative state, and as anyone with atleast a single brain cell knows, primative times were hardly peaceful ones.

And Back on Topic .... Nice idea's, as i said about the Preorder wep, i think its should be a low powered unlootable weapon, with a cool graphic, and maybe some unique ability to it. Like upon hit it causes blood splatter or something. As for the 3rd idea, i think it would be better just to increase the worth of wearing armor, while being naked having more penalties. Infact during winter time no one should be able to survive being naked.
    This will be better than idea 3, (not that idea 3 is a bad idea, i think this is just a better approach), People will have to wear gear to be able to kill someone who is wearing good gear, thus a fight between two tribes, one will have to pull out eventually, because they will low on resources and will need to gather and craft more gear. This would make armor useful, make crafting exceptionally more useful, Naked Zerging alot less effective (preorder wep nerf and naked pentalies), and add
    resource management by tribes. They will have to be careful on how much they fight and die. On a second note, i believe skills relating to Pvp, should stay marginal. To Give little effect, making personal skill more important in pvp Opposed to having 99 axe skill and 1 shotting people. I like number 4 too, as an addition to this, Humans when they die, should also be able to be skinned, boned, and eaten (Cannabilsim ftw). There should be several options infact to do with an enemy killed in Pvp.
    Personally id like to be able to take there head and stick it on pikes outside my tribe land. As a warning to those that come near!

For the good aligned tribe, maybe some option to respectfully burry the dead, for allies (loot protection? or some other religious mechanic).

Good Post and thanks for the credit.