Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: death

right now you turn into a ghodt the screen goes brey you run around.. then you turn into a human the color comes back you can run in the area you died you click the res button then in loads you at the totem.

It is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    i really think death is fine the way it is, when you die you should get sent back to your safe area, all this is going to encourage is naked people running around killing you taking your stuff and if you manage to kill them there going to re spawn again and try it over and over.
    Like i said, if you died 3 times within 45 minutes then it might be a good idea, to respawn back at your totem.
    Otherwise, if you died first time, its better to revive back at your death point within a certain radius.

Check this link -->
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post73659

Respawning at the totem is the only way to go. If we were allowed to respawn near our place of death, it would simply mean accountability is thrown out of the window. It also allows people to try and kill you again, and again, etc. Even with a suggested 3 death and then totem respawn... No. If you've been given a dirtnap, you should have to go back to your totem. Whenever siege-type mechanics are coded in, the last thing we need are dead people respawning right next to the battle if they weren't bound near there in the first place. These types of situations (among a few others) were already discussed, and it's why Jordi agreed to change to the current system.

What still needs a fix:

- Killing yourself by PvE, friendly death, or jumping off of a cliff in order to respawn back at your totem.

This is why all loot needs to be left on your corpse after a PvP, PvE, or fall damage death. People, including me, die on purpose in order to easily bring resources/loot back to camp. XP loss will not really help much, because alts can be used for the process.

No ghosts (deters temporary spying after death), all loot left on corpse, and respawn at totem after all deaths. Keep it simple.

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    Respawning at the totem is the only way to go. If we were allowed to respawn near our place of death, it would simply mean accountability is thrown out of the window. It also allows people to try and kill you again, and again, etc. Even with a suggested 3 death and then totem respawn... No. If you've been given a dirtnap, you should have to go back to your totem. Whenever siege-type mechanics are coded in, the last thing we need are dead people respawning right next to the battle if they weren't bound near there in the first place. These types of situations (among a few others) were already discussed, and it's why Jordi agreed to change to the current system.

What still needs a fix:

- Killing yourself by PvE, friendly death, or jumping off of a cliff in order to respawn back at your totem.

This is why all loot needs to be left on your corpse after a PvP, PvE, or fall damage death. People, including me, die on purpose in order to easily bring resources/loot back to camp. XP loss will not really help much, because alts can be used for the process.

No ghosts (deters temporary spying after death), all loot left on corpse, and respawn at totem after all deaths. Keep it simple.

100% agree with this post. Great ideas JCatano.
    Death should have a punishment with it, not a reward.
    This also cause issues with limited or rare resources being traded. People will have alts just to support other tribes with rare resources (if ever in the game). You just load up an alt, die and they go back to a far away tribe with all resources. This should be fixed.

Having said that, there should be a way to get back to your body faster to recover your lost items.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    100% agree with this post. Great ideas JCatano.
    Death should have a punishment with it, not a reward.
    This also cause issues with limited or rare resources being traded. People will have alts just to support other tribes with rare resources (if ever in the game). You just load up an alt, die and they go back to a far away tribe with all resources. This should be fixed.

Having said that, there should be a way to get back to your body faster to recover your lost items.
    We dont need to go changing the death system except putting a terther on the ghost, or just remove the abiltiy to move as a ghost thats the only change that i would see we need. theres no reason we should have to start doing corpse runs esp when your 2 hours away from your corpse.

Death is going to have a penalty in stat loss/experience and once thats implented your not going to want to kill port anymore.

We dont need to go changing the death system except putting a terther on the ghost, or just remove the abiltiy to move as a ghost thats the only change that i would see we need. theres no reason we should have to start doing corpse runs esp when your 2 hours away from your corpse.

Death is going to have a penalty in stat loss/experience and once thats implented your not going to want to kill port anymore.
    I gave you reasons why you should do corpse runs, and I already address that it should be faster (much faster).
    Your stat/exp loss doesn't solve the problem with players exploiting death and limited resources using death as an insta teleporting of resources.

I gave you reasons why you should do corpse runs, and I already address that it should be faster (much faster).
    Your stat/exp loss doesn't solve the problem with players exploiting death and limited resources using death as an insta teleporting of resources.
    When you start getting your skills up pretty high your not going to want to do killports.

also have your seen the full world of Xsyon map, its about 37 zones wide/tall, it takes about a hour to run around the lake shore. think about traveling 10 zones or 15 zones. Why Corpse run then? that was one of the least fun aspects of dieing.

as it stands right now if you die and some one stumbles across you corpse during the timer you can loose your stuff. its as simple as that.

When you start getting your skills up pretty high your not going to want to do killports.

also have your seen the full world of Xsyon map, its about 37 zones wide/tall, it takes about a hour to run around the lake shore. think about traveling 10 zones or 15 zones. did you play UO? Why Corpse run then? that was one of the least fun aspects of dieing.

as it stands right now if you die and some one stumbles across you corpse during the timer you can loose your stuff. its as simple as that.

I don't mind re-spawning at the totem, at least it's the same for everyone. I don't think corpse runs would be the best idea in this game tho. Going between our old zone and our new zone, by the fastest route we can, still takes like 15-20 min. There is only a seperation of 8 zones between them if you follow the grid. Potentially you could spend a couple hours retrieving a corpse, especially if you died in a hard-to-get-to area.

I would like to see them get rid of the loading screen just to re-spawn. Also, I'd like to see a dueling system so you and a friend can play around without the re-spawn and run back all the time.

also have your seen the full world of Xsyon map, its about 37 zones wide/tall, it takes about a hour to run around the lake shore. think about traveling 10 zones or 15 zones. Why Corpse run then? that was one of the least fun aspects of dieing.

What does having lots of skill points or stats have to do with having an alt that you dont care about lose stats or skill points on teleport something that takes you hours of running?

I already said, they need to make the corpses runs much faster, thus it would take that long to get back to your body.

Yes I agree with losing your stuff to people that happen upon your body while you are in ghost mode or whatever. I believe there should be some type of faction hit, but still I think you shouldn't re-spawn with all your stuff.