Ok, Congrats...it took 6 weeks, but the game now appears to be more or less in the condition it should have been at launch (altho i am curious about how much of the increased performance is actually due to decreased pop...but thats another issue).
The other day we read this:
1. Patching performance- great. anything to lessen the current PITA that is patch day.We are done with server optimizations for now and will shift our focus to:
1) Improvements to the patching system that are almost done.
2) 'Baking' the terraforming changes on a regular schedule. These will be done once the patching system is updated and will greatly reduce loading times and improve sector crossings.
3) Continued graphics and frame rate optimizations.
3) A revised creature AI system that is currently being tested.
4) New combat system.
5) Feature improvements and additions!
2. Again great. As much as we all love loading entities, waiting 20 mins to get in game is kind of suck.
-- OK 1 and 2 are great, but they aren't really game play improvements, they are mainly annoyance lesseners...correcting annoying aspects that the players should not have had to deal with in the first place. --
Now we get into some meat.
3. 'graphic and frame rate optimization. I hope the focus here really zeros in on sync issues. Current sync issues between players is pretty horrible.
4. AI. Really? Is this the 'keep them from all running ot the green mist' piece? Currently, i'd say there aren't any creatures visible for an ai to have any point
5. Combat System. You know this is near and dear to many of our hearts. The current state of pvp is detrimental to all aspects of the game...crafting, territorial control, defense. As much as i'd like to say this should be your primary concern...i think this is #2 behind sync. the best combat system in the world is pointless if your sync is all screwed up.
6. Improvements and additions. As a player, improvements are great, but additions? I'd really really like to see get what you have now running smooth. Get your combat system revamped. Get all your existing features turned on and working correctly (decay, tool tips, fauna regrowth, etc.). When i can tell my friends that all this cool stuff is in game, and working....THEN please add new stuff.
As much as i want to see stuff like seiging, territorial control and expansion, new abilities, etc. in game, please make what you have work first.
But yeah. Feel good window is now closed.
The game is where it should have been 6 weeks ago.
I'd like to hear what you have planned for the combat revamp so we can stop arguing about the definition of macroing and have a discussion that might actually be worthwhile.