Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by d3m0nd0 View Post
    I have a test for you, Get a Random Number Generator, Click on It 50000000 times, record the results on paper, and spend three days, trying to work out some form of conspiracy theory, about Obama being a Russian Spy, who underwent extensive skins surgry in order to bring down "the american way of life."

I will await for the results in the morning.
    Since he was born in Russia it is pretty obvious that he is a spy. . but I will get on it anyway.

As far as exhausting junk/grass/branches, this is either on a long timer or more likely is reset when the server is reset (like when animals respawn, not after a minor crash).

Resources like the available junk types and rare spawns like flint/chalk/shells are on a timer, but taking a resource also has an effect. There have been times when I've gathered flint right after it popped up and then a quartz appeared, or a shell appeared and another shell popped right after it was gathered. Chalk does not show up over as wide an area as flint/quartz. Often a single step will take you past the chalk spawn, so gathering limestone may be a more reliable method than walking if your reflexes aren't sharp.

Ravelli

For me the gathering stone method is simpy a way to multi-task. I would grind tools with the stone and when/if the rare pops up I'd grab it. That way I'm not just staring at the screen for 20 minutes waiting for chalk.