Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I Think you guys are a bit over-reacting, Theres a few twitch based games out there today - MO< fallen earth, the latter having quite a large player base. They were able to work out their problems even if it did take MO Forever. The point is im pretty sure these professionals who understand servers and computer programming didn't choose a system they don't think they can tackle. Just give em some fricken time.

I'll be the first to bash this game for design problems, but at some point you just have to realize that there's only so much two-three programmers can do in a day. I'm not a code-monkey (or whatever programmers call themselves jokingly), but I've seen code and it looks like a pain to sift through.

Exactly, regardless if he agrees or disagrees with OP. This statement is the exact reason I feel that the dev may have bit off more then he could chew. If he can pull if off, great! Id understand either way.

Quote Originally Posted by meissner61 View Post
    Theres a few twitch based games out there today - MO< fallen earth, the latter having quite a large player base.
    Actually i just left the later(FE) and the player base is dieing over there. the problem is that in pvp you have overpowered builds/abilities, in pvp theres only like 50 players left. So most of that game is pve stuff now. thats not really a major issue here, when i hit bears they usually are there. but they also suddenly teleport and are on top of you, when the pop though i can hit them.

how ever when you can actually aim and pullt he trigger you do hit them, you dont hit mid air, if your on target you hit your target.

the problem here is the desync issue with players that have bad connections. you hit them and there not really there, heck if they stop moving you probally are going to be dead once you see them start moving again. Last night i had players laying down next to me and they were in the next zone over, how ever i was synced with the server.

We also have issues with players that have high ping connections, if your sitting at 1-5k ping for more than 15 seconds you should be disconnected. but no the server keeps you connected and that creates a unfair advantage, its called a lag switch in WoW, you can even make a physical using a real light switch and a hacked ethernet cable. Maybe if we disconnected players that are sitting on a high ping/heartbeat/checkin then some of those bit lag spikes we have would go away.

Slow combat down.

Yes, fast is better but slower is easier on the server. Reduce run speed (side effect of making the world bigger, for better or worse). Then mount and blade this shit.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    the problem here is the desync issue with players that have bad connections
    Pretty sure it has nothing to do with player connection speed. It's a problem with the server.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    In SWG the automatic targeting did less damage than a person who was clicking on you manually.
    lmao. This made my day...I hope this was a joke?