The absolutely first thing that strikes me is the TOTAL lack of information about anything.

I mean I like to find out things but come on, at least give some hints. If the game is released in this state I guess about 10-30% of the people will actually _not_ give up after the first hour of not understand anything.

I do like Minecraft, but I didn't like the lack of information there either, but this game is much more complex. I wanted to go to a corner of the world where I didn't have a 100 camps around me, so I stared running. And oh my god. Why do we have to have a character that runs slower than I walk IRL (ok, might just feel like it due to bad animation but it's feels like its ~4-6Km/h running and ~2-3Km/h walking).

To spend 1h running just so you can set up a camp without feeling like you put it up in a crowded area is going to make many people quit this game (or not even start playing).

So I spend my 1h running to a uncrowded area just to find my self getting killed, by the first person I ever seen in the game and then resurrected in a place I have no clue where it is. So telling my friend how to get there ain't gonna happen. And loosing what ever I stared with I guess.

I have started the game 4-5 times (the first times it crashed, of just felt so god damn boring I logged off) and always have to play in pitch black.

The state of the game is absolutely horrible for a game that was said to be finished one YEAR ago. If I had know that I had to pay for a game that was closer to an alpha state rather than a release state a year ago I would never have bought it. I mean paying to be an alpha tester (not even close to a beta as beta have almost all features in it) just makes me feel ripped off.

Is Xsyon a good or a bad game? I have absolutely no idea, as I have only played for ~1h and have not done anything except running (not my idea of fun...) and tried and failed to use any skills. (the wipe of my character after I first made one didn't help my feeling for Xsyon in a positive way).

I have been a beta tester for 10+ games (first time I had to pay to be one though...), and none have been so unfinished as Xsyon for the last year. And none have given me so little information or help to get started.

Would I recommend it to anyone? Sure, to anyone that have absolutely no life and love feeling like a blind person exploring the world. Or trying to play chess without anyone telling you the rules.
Will I try again to find out if it is a good game (for me)? Not sure to be honest, as I really really didn't like what I have seen so far (and that ain't much...) and just the thought of 5h+ just to get to a non crowded place and succeeded in chopping down a tree don't make me giggle of joy.

To sum it up. If I could go back in time and stop me from buying Xsyon a year ago I would. Not since Fallen Earth have I had my hopes for a game so crushed. I love sandbox games, but I have close to zero interest left after a year of disappointing waiting and waiting, with promise of just one more week or month left just to find a year later a game that I feel is far from finished.

(note to my self: Stop for f*ck sake pre ordering games and getting ripped off)