Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    I've seriously got no time to post in this one because im doing so much stuff in game, Gotta go. Please bring sand to me, thankyou.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    I've seriously got no time to post in this one because im doing so much stuff in game, Gotta go. Please bring sand to me, thankyou.
    I loled.

Off to play minecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Maybe Or maybe I knew what I was getting into, thats why I'm not frustrated.

I was here when they first announced the launch day...15th of March. In 2010. Then they modified it to 15th of April. Then to 20 of May. Then to 15th of Jun. Then to 25th of August. Then in August they said it will be launched 'when ready'. I've been here for more than a year now and saw the development speed. Yes, it was (and still is) very slow. It took months to implement basic features.

When Jordi said that the game will launch in March 2011 he was honest and admitted that its necessary to keep the development going. I accepted the fact that the game has to launch in an unfinished state otherwise it may never ever launch.

As I said I saw the development pace. I expect Prelude to go for 12 month MINIMUM. It won't end after 6-9 months. I never expected any new content in the first 3-4 month after launch, if we get anything I'll be surprised. I hope they will switch decay and item quality on soon, since it was working during beta only got switched off because of the lag issues. With these 2 things the economy may survive.

If we get cooking and perhaps taming in like 4 months I'll be glad.

Is the state of the game good ? No, not really, but its still fun for many of us. Would it be better if it was full with new features ? Of course. Can we do anything about it ? No. We can wait patiently or leave. Complaining on forums doesn't help even a tiny little bit. The devs are working day and night, they just can't do more. I accepted this in May, thats why I'm still here. Anyone who expect a faster development will be disappointed. Will we see a big drop of the numbers of players ? For sure. Will there be enough players to help the game survive ? I hope so, but we will see.

Is it correct business to launch an unfinished game ? It is if they were honest about it. Were they honest enough ? No, I don't think so. It would have been much better to be more frank about the state of the game. Though the devs hardly advertised the game, or they didn't advertise it at all, so we can't blame them for that. It were the players who started the hype in February, and I was worried when I saw that. Its never good to promise non-existent features to people to get them to buy a game. And the word 'potential' makes me want to scream, lol. Who buys a game for potential ? I buy a game for what it is not what it might become one day.

And I see another problem. Players simply don't like to believe some facts if they don't like it. So they are like 'ok they said so but we will see', they keep living in denial and when they actually get to see that they were wrong they start complaining. This is plain stupid imo.

Its not about PvP pr peace. Its about accepting the game as it is now, being able to wait and have fun meanwhile or choosing to complain. I understand everyone who is upset about the promised but still missing features like comfort, item and skill decay, taming, archery, animals, better combat. But I have no sympathy toward anyone who complains about features that were never promised.
    Congratulations on being here for over a year. You know, I've been here for only 3mths less than yourself, and have seen most of these things also, but that doesn't mean its a bad thing to post our concerns on the forum. Forums are typically used for communication with the rest of the games community and the developers, and because of this, are usually viewed as the ideal place to voice ones concerns about the game, the games direction, and the development. It is a great shame to see, constantly, this division in the community, which is usually started by Pandemic vs Hopi. Perhaps Hopi need to stop pretending to be the innocent ones here, cos lets face it, you guys arent at all as carebear as you'd have everyone believe, and your tribes forum trolling backs that up. I'm pretty sure I'm yet to see a post by Pandemic that hasnt been jumped on by a Hopi troll. Im straying a little here though, this is not directed at your quote.

I have not stated anywhere in my post complaints about features that were never promised. All features I listed, agriculture, religion, were promised features for during Prelude. Im pretty sure some things Jooky even promised for early Prelude. But whatever, if new content takes longer, so be it. Main concerns derive from the fact that bugs just aren't getting fixed. In fact, it seems pretty clear most of the time, that they just dont seem to know how to fix them. Is this something youre okay with? Do you find it okay that if you walk for 5-10mins away from your totem you crash. Is it okay that the minute you hit 'c' that everything lags to hell and people seem to make movements by running on the spot followed by warping 10 meters? Is it okay with you that animals dont spawn by themselves? You already noted the fact that item decay and quality is turned off, so Ill refrain from posting that one.

Some other things that were supposed to be done by now... local chat is supposed to be earshot distance, not 2-2.5 boards, the option to be a warring tribe is supposed to be in, so tribes can fight one another if they wish, why havent griefer "neutral" tribes turned evil?, trees aren't re-spawning cos it seems world update isn't even on, again, item decay/quality. This is not shit I'm making up, this is all stuff that was supposed to be in in the first few weeks of Prelude, if not release. I realise they have had to concentrate on bugs and lag, but that isnt getting fixed either. In my experience in my 9+ months here, bugs were typically fixed very quickly, and then development could concentrate on new features, and Jooky always had time to browse these forums and respond to concerns such as these, and other ideas players had. Now, since the first bungled release, we haven't seen the bugs fixed, perhaps improved, but not fixed, we have not seen any of the basic features that were supposed to be implemented, and we haven't seen Jooky on the forums bar one, maybe two posts apart from the vague updates.

So these are people's concerns, and mine. This doesnt mean Im not playing the game, and not enjoying what is currently in place, but they are concerns nonetheless, and rather than stewing on them, I for one would rather air my concerns in a place where Jooky may have the chance to see them. As far as I can tell, they are all legitimate concerns, cos these are all problems within the game, and all contributing factors to the reasons people are leaving the game.

You obviously dont lead Hopi, and are not responsible to try and keep your members interested and logging in. This is a very frustrating and time consuming job, which quite frankly, at the moment, is an impossible job. One of your members posted a few pages back stating Hopi had 106 members currently logged in, my answer to that is... bullshit! You may have 106 people on your totem as members, but I would be willing to take a bet to say that of those 106, at least 50 would be inactive, or log in no more than once a week. But anyway, if your having fun, good for you, but dont deny people their right to voice their concerns.

As a member of NoX, we had something over 80 people apply around launch time, and we got enough people on our totem for Tribe land status, but I think I heard someone in my tribe say in-game that only about 16 people are logging in regularly. Lots of people straight up bailed, and maybe they will come back later when there is some gameplay. Right now it's a construction game. No meaningful crafting, war/pvp, trade, pve or anything else to keep people interested beyond building stuff. In fact, I quit crafting and building stuff when I realized there was NO FUNCTION for anything I was creating. I hope the game makes it in the long run, but I certainly don't blame people for bailing.

Even crafting is a nightmare if you need any kind of wood at all, which is many of us.

@Kinslayer: Though my post started with a quote from you, it wasn't addressed to you at all, I meant it in general, and partly as an answer to Dubanka's comments. I apologize, it wasn't clear from my side. You are not one who complain just for the sake of complaining. I meant it to players who start new threads every day in the same doomsaying manner, as the OP in this thread.

As I said I do have concerns and problems with the game, I just don't see how complaining on forums could help. If the devs were lazy then perhaps, but I guess we all know that they work their asses off to get the game into a correct shape. I enjoy the game just as you do, with all of its bugs and problems and hoping that they will be fixed soon.

And just to clear it up, I'm not a Hopi member, I started as a solo player right after launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    @Kinslayer: Though my post started with a quote from you, it wasn't addressed to you at all, I meant it in general, and partly as an answer to Dubanka's comments. I apologize, it wasn't clear from my side. You are not one who complain just for the sake of complaining. I meant it to players who start new threads every day in the same doomsaying manner, as the OP in this thread.

As I said I do have concerns and problems with the game, I just don't see how complaining on forums could help. If the devs were lazy then perhaps, but I guess we all know that they work their asses off to get the game into a correct shape. I enjoy the game just as you do, with all of its bugs and problems and hoping that they will be fixed soon.

And just to clear it up, I'm not a Hopi member, I started as a solo player right after launch.
    I am not, by any means complaining for the sake of complaining.

I want this game to succeed, quite a lot actually. It has enormous potential.
    In every post i make, i am trying to be factual, and in most cases constructive in my analysis and critique.

The forums exist as a means for players to provide the game developers feedback.

It is important for devs to get all kinds of feedback...the good, teh bad, the ugly.

One thing i've found with my many years of wasting time on a computer, is that the devs are not always in touch with their game...bugs, exploits, balance...they may think they get it (because they made it) but often times they never envisioned mechanics being used/abused in the manner they are...Smart devs read their forums, and let the players help them sort out if things are working as intended.

Case in point. How many times have we 'fixed' the lag in the last 6 weeks? It was the host. then it was the terraforming, tool tips, then it was fixed, then it wasnt, then it was terraforming again, then it was 'players doing stuff'...etc. etc. etc. My point is, that i'm sure they were certain the 'fixed' it each and every time they said they did...or else they wouldnt have committed otherwise.

Anyway. Saying 'it sucks' has no value to anyone. Saying, 'it sucks for these reasons...' has value. Pretending that it doesnt suck, has no value. Villifying others for explaining why it sucks for them detracts from value because it bullies folks from posting their opinions (not everyone likes these little back and forth pseudo flame fests )

Lastly. If i think it sucks, and you disagree, please feel free to argue and point out my lackk of logic or flawed analysis. Good discussion is great. It serves as a resources to both devs and players alike for how things work, are being viewed, or are being abused. It is unfortunate when good threads degenerate into pointless name calling and epeen waving (now threads that start out that way can be epic )

Quote Originally Posted by Kinslayer View Post
    You obviously dont lead Hopi, and are not responsible to try and keep your members interested and logging in. This is a very frustrating and time consuming job, which quite frankly, at the moment, is an impossible job. One of your members posted a few pages back stating Hopi had 106 members currently logged in, my answer to that is... bullshit! You may have 106 people on your totem as members, but I would be willing to take a bet to say that of those 106, at least 50 would be inactive, or log in no more than once a week. But anyway, if your having fun, good for you, but dont deny people their right to voice their concerns.
    In defense of Jadzia, I don't see how she is denying anyone their right to voice their concerns. Is she a moderator? Is she deleting posts? Is she locking threads? Considering your view that those who are frustrated with the game have a right to sound off, surely you believe those of us who are having fun with the game have the same right?

As for your interest in Hopi's member count and activity. You can guess all you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    I am not, by any means complaining for the sake of complaining.

I want this game to succeed, quite a lot actually. It has enormous potential.
    In every post i make, i am trying to be factual, and in most cases constructive in my analysis and critique.

The forums exist as a means for players to provide the game developers feedback.

It is important for devs to get all kinds of feedback...the good, teh bad, the ugly.

One thing i've found with my many years of wasting time on a computer, is that the devs are not always in touch with their game...bugs, exploits, balance...they may think they get it (because they made it) but often times they never envisioned mechanics being used/abused in the manner they are...Smart devs read their forums, and let the players help them sort out if things are working as intended.

Case in point. How many times have we 'fixed' the lag in the last 6 weeks? It was the host. then it was the terraforming, tool tips, then it was fixed, then it wasnt, then it was terraforming again, then it was 'players doing stuff'...etc. etc. etc. My point is, that i'm sure they were certain the 'fixed' it each and every time they said they did...or else they wouldnt have committed otherwise.

Anyway. Saying 'it sucks' has no value to anyone. Saying, 'it sucks for these reasons...' has value. Pretending that it doesnt suck, has no value. Villifying others for explaining why it sucks for them detracts from value because it bullies folks from posting their opinions (not everyone likes these little back and forth pseudo flame fests )

Lastly. If i think it sucks, and you disagree, please feel free to argue and point out my lackk of logic or flawed analysis. Good discussion is great. It serves as a resources to both devs and players alike for how things work, are being viewed, or are being abused. It is unfortunate when good threads degenerate into pointless name calling and epeen waving (now threads that start out that way can be epic )
    I think it doesn't suck Its hard to have a logical argument on this since it depends on taste. What I find fun you may find it boring and vica versa.

As long as you complain about lag, lack of promised features (which were promised for launch), desync problems, economy etc I'll agree that you have the right to complain. But in your post you were complaining about features that were never promised or were promised for like 9 months from now...this is where I disagree with you. You can say that it would be nice to have those features right now, but you can't say that the devs have let you down by not giving them.

And unfortunately this thread is not about constructive criticism. Just read the OP again...that post is nothing but doomsaying. It has no use at all, doesn't help for the devs, if someone knows exactly the number of players then its them, so they really don't need threads about the number of players.

Again, I understand if people have concerns. Some of these concerns are valid and serious. I myself have a lot about the economy. But I don't see how these threads could help...the devs just can't work any faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinslayer View Post
    It is a great shame to see, constantly, this division in the community, which is usually started by Pandemic vs Hopi. Perhaps Hopi need to stop pretending to be the innocent ones here, cos lets face it, you guys arent at all as carebear as you'd have everyone believe, and your tribes forum trolling backs that up. I'm pretty sure I'm yet to see a post by Pandemic that hasnt been jumped on by a Hopi troll.
    I pray that the ignorance you display on the forums does not taint the positive relations we have with some of your members in game.

On the subject at hand, I believe the distinction has been made between those offering constructive criticism as opposed to unintelligible, infantile fits of rage.

Is the current state of the game acceptable? No.

Should people continue to be patient and understanding? Completely up to them.

The most effective method of displaying one's contempt and distaste for the way things are: Vote with your wallet.

Xsyon Citizen
    Armand, do you have ANYTHING TO SAY AT ALL that isn't a childish insult? Yeah, I thought not.

Quote Originally Posted by Armand
    Well if it walks like a duck...

There is general consensus among the community that the game needs to be "fleshed out" immensely, and that the driving forces behind expansion and retention of the population are simply not present yet. Too many are deaf to this due to their own incessant chest pounding. That is my point.

Separation from one's infallible persona might provide much needed perspective and clarity.
    Taken in the context of you, e.g. insulting players complaining about sync problems and incorrectly blaming the players' hardware for server side problems, calling people names when they object to your clearly incorrect suggestions, and then apparently dropping in on this thread solely for the purpose of insulting other players who observe that even the most basic combat system is non-functional, pardon me if I don't take as Gospel your explanation that personal insults are a legit form of discussion when coming from you because your personal insults are accurate...

If you walk into a discussion and dish insults, don't be surprised when you get insults back. You are, of course, free to complain and report the player you attacked to the mods when he responds to your attack.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren
    Nor should it mean that me describing my fun on these forums should be met with irrational disbelief that can be summarized by saying, "I'm not having fun! So only an idiot could possible be having fun."
    Funny, by looking at the post history it's clear that you came into this thread with unnecessary and irrelevant insults. Jadzia and others, meanwhile, have sat there and told players that they're stupid or unimaginative if they're not enjoying what's in game now. [Further comments revealed this is not quite what she thinks, but you can see how the discussion looked to us at that point.]

This is becoming a surreal pattern on these forums: insult someone, complain/insult/mod report when insulted back.

On a subtantive note, I'm glad you are able to be patient about waiting for tree regrowth, other new features, and expansion of existing features. But you should probably take care to notice that PVP is much more basic and essential than any of what you mentioned, even if you don't consider yourself a PVPer. It's a basic feature of the game, and any MMO really, and it's just not working at all. (Not just "a crappy combat system"; not just "not the way we like it"; it's actually not even functional.

Quote Originally Posted by jokhul
    Sadly for them, that is not going to change much in the next 4 months or more. Anyone that thinks the tiny Xsyon development team can build a brand new, engrossing PvP system in 4 months from scratch is severely deluded.
    Not sure if I said it here in this thread, but I personally am complaining only that the existing PVP system is utterly broken. I could deal with the state of play a lot better if the basic functionality required for PVP (i.e. sync) were working. Again, I think you would hear a lot less complaint about the current lack of sieging, etc., if only players just had the opportunity to go out and scalp someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazdia
    Its sad that you don't enjoy the game, but its not a reason to think that others don't
    I'm certainly not suggesting there aren't people currently enjoying Xsyon the way it is. But imagine this: what if fishing, gathering, scavenging, crafting, etc., were all turned off, and the only thing to do was run around whacking people with your Pre-Order weapon. I think you would not be enjoying yourself at all, and you would rightly feel cheated by the fact that all of this very basic game functionality (your favorite parts of the game, no less) were turned off and unavailable. And wouldn't it just add insult to injury if you posted on the forums asking when that would be fixed, and people piled on to call you an idiot and tell you to STFU and just enjoy what was in the game?

Unfortunately, that seems to be where PVPers are left right now.