Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Well it all comes down to this;
    There are only so many hours in a day and Jordi and crew are using them all.
    So unless you can:
    A. Make it so there are more hours in a day, or
    B. Donate enough money to them, probably a few thousand dollars, to hire a new guy or two for a while.
    There is really nothing you can do but wait, take a short break, or leave.
    When things get fixed they will get fixed.

I know it is frustrating, for everyone, but there is no use complaining here.
    All complaining here is gunna do is scare off any new subscribers that may be checking out the forum buzz for the game.
    And if you are genuine, Sirius I am talking to you, about being in it for the long haul and wanting the game to succeed you will leave it be and let them work in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan View Post

Jadzia, what do you do for fun in this game? So far, all you've done is told dubanka he's dumb because he's not having fun.
    Where did I said he was dumb ? Actually he said he enjoys the game in a way. I said he advertised the game to his friends with features that weren't even promised for the next 6-9 months.

And I craft, trade, gather for fun, and having fun with friends. I don't really understand why people get mad at players who enjoy the game. Why do you want everyone to be that frustrated as you are...

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by darkbladed View Post
    And if you are genuine, Sirius I am talking to you, about being in it for the long haul and wanting the game to succeed you will leave it be and let them work in peace.
    Er.. no.. it's clear that this dev's dev process involves a lot of player feedback so I'm here to dilute the influence of the pathological peaceniks amongst this playerbase by making suggestions that are sane and reminding them to keep focus on the more.. ahem.. worthwhile gameplay aspects

Quote Originally Posted by jazdia
    I said he advertised the game to his friends with features that weren't even promised for the next 6-9 months.
    It's been pretty implicit that there would be a basic, functional PVP system from the getgo, but there isn't. I'll wager that if there were, you wouldn't be hearing as much far-sighted griping because people would be more interested in playing the game as it actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by xaradt View Post
    My hubbie and myself wont be bothering to play until there's something for us to actually do that doesnt give us RSI. If that doesn't happen until after the free time is up, we wont be resubbing.
    +1

I really enjoy playing this game, but theres a reason I waited till beta was over before I bought it. Now Im finding most of the listed features on the companies website are NOT actually implemented yet. I supposed that would be the reason for the free game time. I'm assuming they will extend the free game time until the games fgeatures and its servers stability is fixed. Otherwise I may have to unsubscribe and wait until they've fixed the issues and implement the ADVERTISED FEATURES.

game is awesome and ground breaking. True Next Gen MMORPG.
    still I'm a little dissapointed.

Thats what I do too; I have grinded 3 trades to 70+ and am working on architecture and I have done a fair bit of terraforming.
    That is all still fun for me.
    I have also done a lot of trading, helping new people, and socializing with people in my area.
    This is also fun for me.

Now if this isn't what you would consider fun then this is not the game for you.

Making a tent is supposed to be tough; ever watch the show "Survivor Man"?
    It takes him hours to build a lean-to and get enough berries to survive that night.
    You will not have a city over night and this is a good thing; it will lead to longevity
    Not every person in our town has a tent; We have cabin tents that 2 senior members share and we have branch stalls for new recruits.

I love how things are hard; if I cut down a tree a block from my house in real life and tried to drag it back it would take me a few hours.
    This is simulation the restart of civilizations.

If you want to be able to put a 5 room house up in 20 minutes there are other games you can play; this game is what it is and truthfully it will be hard for homesteaders to survive.
    Which brings people together into social groups and villages

Added after 6 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Er.. no.. it's clear that this dev's dev process involves a lot of player feedback so I'm here to dilute the influence of the pathological peaceniks amongst this playerbase by making suggestions that are sane and reminding them to keep focus on the more.. ahem.. worthwhile gameplay aspects
    What I was saying is that right now they are working on redoing pvp, fixing bugs, fixing load times and lag, fixing animals that run off into the mists.
    Are these things not things that benefit us all and nothing else can really be done, be it to please peaceniks like me or warhawks like you, until we have a firm foundation?

You can blather on about removing safe zones or anything you want once those things are done; I disagree with you on a lot of your positions but I do think you should have the same voice as your opposition.

What I am saying now is that what they are doing today, right this minute, is beneficial to everyone (especially you) and going off about how things arent perfect is just making things worse for us all in the long run

Quote Originally Posted by darkbladed View Post

Making a tent is supposed to be tough; ever watch the show "Survivor Man"?
    It takes him hours to build a lean-to and get enough berries to survive that night.
    You will not have a city over night and this is a good thing; it will lead to longevity
    Not every person in our town has a tent;
    I agree with you on this. The reason I personally mentioned the tent in my post was that this is what drove me to a tribe. . which was a good thing. My complaint about it being a grind was related to the actual mechanics of the game.. . right clicking the tools every time I don't even mind. . it is deleting single objects from my backpack that I don't like.

Survivorman knows how to make a leanto. . so do I. I would start on it right away. . not make 100 wooden barricades first. I understand that it is a game and that progression has to be dealt with in some manner and I am find with that.

What would make the entire process better for me would be the simple addition of a "practice" button like in SWG. You click the box and when you hit start the items are used up and you might gain skill but you do not get the item dropped in your backpack. Metal spikes are okay. . they stack in 20s. . . foragers paddles. . . man.

I should also add that I am still playing the game and plan to. . the only thing that will give it longevity though is not grinding to make a tent. . but more "random" elements or item decay etc.

What keeps me playing right now is the hope that the animal AI will be fixed sooner rather than later and the social element.

this game is not dying !

most if not all of the pk tribe3s/clans/bands whatever have made themselves very well known in their setup locations, and that has then casued most of the ppl trying to settle in that area or even near it pack up shop and move off into new areas tobe able to gather esources etc in peace ( this is from my experience of the game so far )

my band has been silly busy since launch day trying to get our Fort with a keep inside built and finished, i myself have been keeping busy the last week building a raised beach front property on our tribe land tobe used as a sort of "hunters terrace" ready for when animal taming etc is released as thats what i p;an todo with my time ingame

it all comes down to whether you have any 1. Drive and 2. imagination

if your getting bored 2-3 weeks after release with what you CAN do so far ingame then in the long run this game aint gonna be for you imho. Ive got my long term plan sorted for this game, and so do all of my Band. Can anyone who is complaining say the same thing ?

I think what really makes me smile is all those folks that were whining for their perfect spots with a junkpile nearby, and with a water, more sands and everything next to them and so on...

Now most of these people are gone.

As for our tribe we have been kept busy by the building of our Citadel and city and after this is done well, we will have to find ourselves a new building project to entertain ourselves. Lets hope by then there is PvP or someone that will dare to attack our Mighty Sandfortress...

I kinda feel sorry for the pvp folks right now because even if I didnt do much right PvP in game yet... it seems there isnt much to do with the state of pvp as it is.

Can we get a mutant or Zombie invasions please ? (gives us gates first thought please)

Well, apparently we're suppose to "build, trade and explore" for the 6 month prelude too bad we've:

Built an entire city with out 60+ members.
    Have 5000+ of every resource.
    Explored the entire game inside and out during the like 3 year alpha/beta.

At least SWToR beta will be here soon.

The problem is also a fair amount of us did all of this for almost a year since beta and now again so people are bored as there is the same stuff to do and did not take long to do it as much knew what to do, so people are bored, which I knew would happen, for those that are new I see why its fun to you as it was for us a year ago, but the game does not have anything new for vets that played through beta .