View Poll Results: downtime for the server

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • stagarded maintenance times (they change to keep most people happy)

31 34.07%
  • fixed maintenance times (same time ever day)

60 65.93%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    There is more people playing at 11am PST than people from 3am.

I would bet about 10x more. Why? Because 3am PST is only a very very few amount of people able to even log in there.
    You'd be wrong, best thing to do to judge offpeak vs peak time player bases is look at the only game that actually publishers it's hourly numbers, EvE Online.

www.eveonline.com

As you can see from the server graph, the offpeak vs peak time difference is only around 2 ~ 2.5x. So if there is 1000 peak players then there are around 400~500 off peak players. (at a guess from currently playing the game I reckon it's around 300 peak vs 120 offpeak due to everyone waiting for some content/fixes)

This also correlates with census data from WoW before the oceanic servers were added which also showed the peak vs offpeak data was again around 2.5x.

I think this needs to be discussed with the people its affecting, not forum loudmouths. DDT, time to pipe down, since this doesnt affect you, nor will it ever affect you.

9am PST is still the most sensible time, which avoids all prime times of all major gaming populations globally.

In any case, the jury is still discussing the outcome according to Dez, even though Jooky told me the times will be staggered, apparently he's changed his mind. I will wait for the official decision before deciding what to do, but they'd best hurry up, cos there's only so much a person can take of servers being shut down on them every fucking night.

"The server will be down for regular maintenance Monday-Friday 2:00 AM to 3:00 AM PST. (10:00 AM to 11:00 AM UTC). Come Monday maintenance will be staggered (More details will follow shortly). "

We have our answer.

Good, Im glad Jooky didnt go back on what he told be via email. Thanks Jooky.

Server Maint should be during the duration of american/european primetimes.