Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Okay, this has gone on long enough.

We REALLY need a way to stop random griefers from going through half the map and destroying all the trees in their wake in like an hour. Last week we had someone destroy an entire valley of trees down below our camp, then a few days ago again, now today an entire mountaintop next our camp all of the trees have been cut down.

They really need to make cutting down a tree harder to do or something. I am open to suggestions, I've read some people's suggestions of making the action take longer or something, I don't really care what is to be done as long as it stops people from doing this and ruining the game for EVERY single player.

he/they are working on that stuff i am sure. Tree replanting is probably whats going to be in

We've already got the main pieces for rakes and hoes... the farming hoes. Well we probably have the other ones too, but that's a different story.

Yeah, we definitely need Farming in game, it would solve a lot of problems. My only concern is if you will only be able to farm on your own land or if you can do it anywhere.

Mmm perhaps natural occuring things like trees could planted by anyone anywhere, with a limit per each area, so people dont make walls out of trees

Quote Originally Posted by Xidian View Post
    We REALLY need a way to stop random griefers from going through half the map and destroying all the trees in their wake in like an hour. Last week we had someone destroy an entire valley of trees down below our camp, then a few days ago again, now today an entire mountaintop next our camp all of the trees have been cut down.

They really need to make cutting down a tree harder to do or something. I am open to suggestions, I've read some people's suggestions of making the action take longer or something, I don't really care what is to be done as long as it stops people from doing this and ruining the game for EVERY single player.
    The broadest solution to the problem is to make cutting trees impossible when you're not on your tribal land. Same is true for building roads. I know that solution isn't very "sandboxy" but it's the only solution that will work at all times.

A more "sandboxy" but less perfect method would be to attach a cost to the action of cutting a tree or building a road. The cost of cutting a tree could be an axe, means every axe is good for cutting one tree, after that the axe is broken beyond repair. For building roads either 10 granite stone and/or a chance of 10% to brake your shovel seems appropriate.

where is the promblem bear kill him when they come to cut your trees

Something needs to be done. I live in a fairly low population area. They finally got to our zone too.

one fix could be to make logs only destoyable on your own tribeland, wouldnt stop people chopping down trees, but would make it a damn lot harder for them to destroy a non replenishing resource for the time being until some form of agriculture system is in place

How about if you cut down a tree you get an "exhausted" debuff that persists through death.
    This debuff should have a minor regeneration debuff but it should also cause you to lose 1 strength each time you cut down a tree with the debuff active (cutting down a tree would renew the timer - possible increase it to 2 hours)

What we need are negative consequences for game damaging activities not a removal of sandbox features