Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    I got into a long heated arguement last night about this "feature" I was told by 3 different devs this was an intended function..
    3 Devs said this? Wow.

So basically it looks like, based on this sample of responses, that the developers are just going to ignore the vast majority of the player's desires? Do the devs want to play by themselves?

If the vast majority wants it changed it will change...
    This thread doesn't make up the vast majority, yet.

Should have a time limit, To make them public regardless would be a right pain in the arse while scavenging. Put the bin to around 2 hours or so , After that its public

No problem, lets make baskets public. But first lets make pre-order weapons lootable and have decay. Then lets make people runing around naked in the snow die of cold. Then lets make people in leather armors that stand in the rain or go for a swim soak up so much water that it affects their encumeberance. Then lets introduce decay on every single item in the game.

You want reality? You can not handle reality. You just want to bend one little piece of game so you can steal from others. And it is always the same group that moans against safe zones, against baskets, against not being able to loot all items, blah blah blah. Suck it up, it ain't changing. If you don't like it Hello Kitty Online is thadaway.

Come on Plague.. (be careful about the hello kitty reference I have gotten two warnings from mods for inciting people)
    Nobody here is saying all baskets should be public. we are saying baskets shouldn't be able to be locked and unmovable outside of your tribe land.

You should be able to stash one on the ground and use it but you shouldn't have any rights to a secure bin in the wilderness.

Baskets outside of tribe areas should decay in a day or two imo and be safe during this time, and when they break they should be public for 1 more day then should disappear. But before they implement anything like this I'd like to see the aligment system in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    make pre-order weapons lootable and have decay. Then lets make people runing around naked in the snow die of cold. Then lets make people in leather armors that stand in the rain or go for a swim soak up so much water that it affects their encumeberance. Then lets introduce decay on every single item in the game.
    If i'm correct i'm not sure though but i think it was stated somewhere by the devs that most of what you said in that quote is in the making anyway, apart from lootable pre-order weapons and maybe clothes satuaration.. but it is a good idea.

edit: it has to happen anyway eventully because otherwise the land will just fill up with sh*t everywhere, remember all the dead houses/towns in SWG back in the day? you couldn't go anywhere without houses everywhere until they introduced the demolition thing.

I also like Jadzia's idea.

A little embarrassed to say this, but when I created my first character and I decided to move my location I did not know once I abandoned the totem the basket would stay private. I moved it outside my area and put it in a dark spot I thought was tough to see so no one would take the stuff in it till I could come back. Of course I learned later that day the bin was still set to private. Live and learn. That being said, the private function on bins feels almost like an option that was made to keep tribe members out of each others bins. Does feel unrealistic to have some lock no one can break on a bin outside a safe zone. If a bin lock system was introduced, what about a lock on the bin on your back? People could kill someone out in the world but than only loot the bin if they could unlock it with their skill. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    Come on Plague.. it sounds like your so worried about losing your pixels you should check out hello kitty online.

Nobody here is saying all baskets should be public. we are saying baskets shouldn't be able to be locked and unmovable outside of your tribe land.

You should be able to stash one on the ground and use it but you shouldn't have any rights to a secure bin in the wilderness.
    Scared for your pre-order weapon? And runing around naked is also your sacred cow?

Just adds another reason not to explore, knowing you'll never be able to loot any of the bins you come across is just plain stupid.

As of now you pretty much gain nothing but exploring other than the random animal, all you're doing is risking losing your armor/weapons by leaving your tribe area.

At least if you could loot bins it would give a reason to go explore around other tribes/homesteads for treasures.