Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Obviously you are not in a large tribe with 2-3 people doing the same crafts and all terraforming till 100 3 times over...

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Eekaboo View Post
    Obviously you are not in a large tribe with 2-3 people doing the same crafts and all terraforming till 100 3 times over...
    your sig is grammatically incorrect <3

To be honest when I first heard of this game, and saw Apocalyptic Setting/Concept I was thinking that they would do something much cooler than what they did. However, the game will go on... maybe.

-side thought- use Maya and create 3D ,models of cities :P and import them, make ruined cities, that you can enter stores and loot for items :P Something like Zombie Fort.

I agree... This game is what I have been crying for for several years now. I havent felt this way about an MMORPG since early SWG. As with the OP I bought this game - if nothing else - to support a developer making "my kind of game". I will be sad to see it fail, and right now I am a bit concerned about that. But I wont regret buying the game regardless. So far I've had alot of fun. I am concerned that the fun will run out if they do not implement more features soon, but I'm trying to stay optimistic.
    Yeah same here. X-SWG Pre-CU player here as well. However, unlike you Lennyleak, I am not optimistic I have simply seen way too many sandboxes die or go F2P cash cows or stop being developed. THere will never ever be a company with the manpower and funds to get one going again I am afraid. I was sooo excited when Xsyon came up that I didn't realise how small a team they are and how unrealistic it is for them to make this work. Heck SWGemu team has been trying to reverse engineer SWG Pre-CU for like 6 years and still they are nowhere near despite the fact that they did not have to add models and terrain or even content. We are doomed to watch the industry slowly turn away from the genre for the sake of glorified themeparks made for kids and low-IQ lemmings. I sincerely hope I am wrong. But you know I am not.

Quote Originally Posted by furanku View Post
    To be honest when I first heard of this game, and saw Apocalyptic Setting/Concept I was thinking that they would do something much cooler than what they did. However, the game will go on... maybe.

-side thought- use Maya and create 3D ,models of cities :P and import them, make ruined cities, that you can enter stores and loot for items :P Something like Zombie Fort.
    Good idea, add buildings so you can use a wallhack and find all the treasure/players/mobs. Then you can use teleport hack to get to em all instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by senag2 View Post
    Yeah same here. X-SWG Pre-CU player here as well. However, unlike you Lennyleak, I am not optimistic I have simply seen way too many sandboxes die or go F2P cash cows or stop being developed. THere will never ever be a company with the manpower and funds to get one going again I am afraid. I was sooo excited when Xsyon came up that I didn't realise how small a team they are and how unrealistic it is for them to make this work. Heck SWGemu team has been trying to reverse engineer SWG Pre-CU for like 6 years and still they are nowhere near despite the fact that they did not have to add models and terrain or even content. We are doomed to watch the industry slowly turn away from the genre for the sake of glorified themeparks made for kids and low-IQ lemmings. I sincerely hope I am wrong. But you know I am not.
    Yeah I guess trying was the key word
    I'm affraid you're right. And I was also a bit concerned learning the seize of the dev team. From what I understand from the forums, there was more features in beta. That troubles me, but I (naively) choose to take it as an indication that some features are somewhat done, and needs tweaking. If that is the case, I have faith in the possibility that they will be added before it is too late. It is a problem however, that the crashes etc. seems to occupy the entire staff, so that for every patch the entire dev team must forego adding features to try to make the game stable again. I'm just speculating, but that risks pushing back new features for so long that it is 'game over'.

I guess I'm trying to stay optismistic because I - like you - had more or less considered the days of sandbox games over. Xsyon gave me back a bit of faith and I'm struggling to hang on to it for as long as possible since I know that when Xsyon is gone - whatever the reason - I will be definitively done with MMORPGs.