Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: What is xsyon?

Quote Originally Posted by jokhul View Post
    Ah, so you're saying that Jordi's vision for the game is to have PVP as the most important focus, even though he never actually said so ?

And the fact that the PVP systems in the game at launch were the least developed (crafting being the most developed), supports your argument that the game is actually PVP-centric ?

It would seem that Jordi's "secret plan" for the game was executed extremely poorly then. Or else your wishfull thinking has gotten the better of your logic
    Jordi said that he wanted balance, not for the game not to have PvP as a focus. It's a three stage cycle, and if you pull any of the three stages out it fails. Resources (limited, necessary items) to harvest, crafting to make use of the resources is obviously focused around combat as nearly every item you can make that has a use feeds into PvP, and PvP that focuses its efforts on territory control and obtaining/maintaining resources which takes you back to stage one.

At this point none of the stages works very well. Resources are plentiful and not rare at all, this makes crafting easy but pointless, and PvP is implemented but very very poorly and there is no point to it as there are plenty of resources for everyone. The framework of the cycle is there though. It just needs to be vastly built up for the game to become competetive in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Still in denial, Jad.
    Ok Ignoring the 2 quotes I gave will help you I guess
    I'm not stopping you to enjoy your PvP focused game, actually I hope you will. Since its PvP focused, I'm sure you will find everything in it that you need to have fun. At the same time I'll keep enjoying my crafting-building focused game which already works well for me.

Xsyon Citizen
    I think we can all agree on the following:

1) The features page indicates that PVP, including tribal warfare has always been intended to be a significant part of them game, though not necessarily the central feature
    2) Players had every right to rely on the feature page as an accurate description of the game, should not be blamed for any misleading information on that page, and have every right to expect that the listed features are available
    3) Numerous comments by the devs indicate that PVP is a basic feature of this game
    4) The game would be pretty pointless and silly if it never developed a decent PVP system
    5) That said, basic PVP (fighting) is supposed to already be in-game (but with melee sync problems, it's impossible)
    6) It's pretty obnoxious that some players feel the need to rationalize the dev's failures and blame them on players, who are told they should have known that the game was very different than what the features page said

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Like what informations ?
    And you know you can use weapons in PvE too, don't you ? I'm amazed that you think a game having armors and weapons indicates its PvP focused, lol.
    Because hunters historically went out to kill deer in full plate armor? In hunting it's common mutilate, massacre, and defile your dinner? You need safe zones to protect you from dinner wandering in and attacking you in your camp... oh wait, they can do that through the safe zones anyway. I'd say I'm amazed that you can keep your blinders this firmly in place, but really you're looking more like a troll than some one who can't see the obvious at this point.

I think we can all agree on the following:

1) The features page indicates that PVP, including tribal warfare has always been intended to be a significant part of them game, though not necessarily the central feature
    Please point out which sentences on the feature page indicates PvP and tribal warfare. Quote it please.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Please point out which sentences on the feature page indicates PvP and tribal warfare. Quote it please.
    Combat combines manual targeting and clicking with the final blow success based on the many factors – statistics, skills, weapon type, defense skills, armor and the opponents stance.

Combat permissions in tribe zones based on tribal settings.

Combat will be revised during the Prelude and improved to match combat oriented games.

The portion about tribal warfare was talked about in the forums rather than the features page, but it was there for those that wanted to research the game before buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwanderer View Post
    Combat combines manual targeting and clicking with the final blow success based on the many factors – statistics, skills, weapon type, defense skills, armor and the opponents stance.

Combat will be revised during the Prelude and improved to match combat oriented games.

The portion about tribal warfare was talked about in the forums rather than the features page, but it was there for those that wanted to research the game before buying it.
    Seriously, why you keep confusing PvP with combat ? Combat means PvE too, have you never played a PvE game ?
    The word PvP doesn't exist on the feature page. Not to mention tribal warfare.

And don't talk about the forum now. Sirius said the feature page, so stick to it.

Because hunters historically went out to kill deer in full plate armor? In hunting it's common mutilate, massacre, and defile your dinner? You need safe zones to protect you from dinner wandering in and attacking you in your camp... oh wait, they can do that through the safe zones anyway. I'd say I'm amazed that you can keep your blinders this firmly in place, but really you're looking more like a troll than some one who can't see the obvious at this point.
    Yes, balance is the all important thing. You seem focused on the starter items and their names: Massacre, Defiler and Mutilator... very combat-orientated indeed... but then there's also the Extractor, Prospector, Excavator and Harvester, which don't sound quite as evil, do they ?

The reason why the game is failing is because there is no major purpose to your actions.

Player vs player is a fundamental part of this game, I am not talking about just killing players, I do not know why everyone sums it up like that.

Building up your land (check)
    expanding (can not do unless you have zergy numbers)
    gathering resources (check)
    using those resources for a meaningful purpose (impossible)

the biggest problem I have is the fact that there is nothing else to do aside from crafting stuff, which is pointless, because how many baskets do I need to make? do I just grind up my crafting skills and stock up on resources for the next six months?

it would have been really cool, if there was a system in place, that allowed you to build a structure that extended your tribes land.

Another thing is, the restrictions, safe zones, can't do this etc, sure safe zones can be in the game, but we have to wait six months to even fight players and i would not be surprised if it was optional.

I would be content with just expanding my lands, but this little plot of land needs no more work, I sit there and im like, what to do now?

the developers must be nuts if they think they could keep people content with senseless ganking.

another fact I don't like, is that the developers are trying to force grieving to the min but what they are doing is give people santuary which allows them to go grief people and still be safe.

If i had a bunch of grievers near me, I would just clean them up and teach them a lesson, but I am unable to do this.

I am unable to build more towns, or anything and also the interaction between players in xsyon is barely existent, its like isolated communities of zulu warriors who only know how to zerg each other with spears.

But what ever yes I am the OP and reading some of the comments just made me have to post and clear up what i mean.

@Sirius yes, I'm obnoxious Probably not enough coffee... sorry

I was actually about to quote the:
    "Combat will be revised during the Prelude and improved to match combat oriented games."

Straight from the features page as well. Was this not on the features page when you guys bought the game? Honestly wondering, maybe it was a later addition in response to player concerns... which could be viewed by the more positively inclined as a good thing imho.

If research was done prior to buying the game, was it selective research? Though it's apparently obnoxious to suggest research would have been a good idea to begin with