Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Illmaculate View Post
    Right. Let's just forget about the years of development leading up to what SHOULD be a somewhat feature-complete launch. Owait.

People like yourself with irrational love for independent developers are willing to accept a shitty product.
    Close the door on your way out, or just sit down.

And people like Illmaculate with there irrational love for willing to keep playing the same shitty product they complain about hating so much everyday on this forum and over at mmorpg.com but yet still can't seem to just cancel and leave.........

Most people who are unhappy will probably stay until the "free" period is over. Ill joined way earlier than most people. There were other launch dates as well, however, I would still count march as the official one as that's when "free" time really started to count down.

Bro. I don't play.
    dam all i can say is you much really hate Xsyon then....

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    dam all i can say is you much really hate Xsyon then....
    I haven't played since the coon incident, but I still like it. I kind of feel like playing some more now though...still only 50 in weaponcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    I haven't played since the coon incident, but I still like it. I kind of feel like playing some more now though...still only 50 in weaponcraft.
    i still like the dream. the reality is bringing me down. haven't been able to bring myself to log in lately to finish my vd monument.
    my weapon craft is only at 40, but i can't quite bring myself to grind it out. There isn't a point to it, besides the grind. In theory a higher skill would allow me to make better quality weapons, and more varieties of them. However there is no value to having a higher quality weapon. Even if the display showed how awesome it was, the weapon is really of no more utilitarian value than an ear ring.

there are lots of other things i could be doing, but there is no point of doing the activity, except for the activity itself...and while certain activities can be entertaining of their own accord, even they were think after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    i still like the dream. the reality is bringing me down. haven't been able to bring myself to log in lately to finish my vd monument.
    my weapon craft is only at 40, but i can't quite bring myself to grind it out. There isn't a point to it, besides the grind. In theory a higher skill would allow me to make better quality weapons, and more varieties of them. However there is no value to having a higher quality weapon. Even if the display showed how awesome it was, the weapon is really of no more utilitarian value than an ear ring.

there are lots of other things i could be doing, but there is no point of doing the activity, except for the activity itself...and while certain activities can be entertaining of their own accord, even they were think after a while.
    If you want some help finishing that monument before the free time runs out, I wouldn't mind leveling up my masonry skills. I've been trying to whisper you in game once in a while to make the offer, but no luck yet.

Far as the topic, I think the game had some pretty harsh lag/stability issues in the first week didn't it? Improvements to that have been coming in. Seems like trying to implement new things before addressing that fundamental issue would probably not have been appreciated very much?

Double-posted for some reason. Just cleaning up.

While I agree with the OP on the general idea of content > optimization, all I can say is... dot, dot, dot... a review by axeman13.

Right. Let's just forget about the years of development leading up to what SHOULD be a somewhat feature-complete launch. Owait.

People like yourself with irrational love for independent developers are willing to accept a shitty product.
    WoW had an 8 year development cycle by the way.
    Just to give you a time-frame.

So the what 2 years by 3 guys with a few grand vs the 8 years by a team of over 100 people with a few million?

Yeah this game should have launched better, or as well as, WoW did; You have shown me the light.

If you expect any major updates in the next 6 months and will whine if you don't get them; save us all the headache now and leave quietly. Maybe we will start getting larger expansions of content in 6 months to a year, maybe.