Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

update server speed

I've noticed that the update/download server is really slow, im just downloading with about 50-60 kb/s normally i download with about 1600-1800 kb/s. Are you going to change that?
    Through Change conquer!

Re:update server speed

Horendos wrote:
    I've noticed that the update/download server is really slow, im just downloading with about 50-60 kb/s normally i download with about 1600-1800 kb/s. Are you going to change that?
    Im downloading at over 350kb
    MrDDT

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu

any idea why its so slow for me ?
    Through Change conquer!

Looks fine here

Donno what to tell ya man, im capping out my bandwidth, which amounts to around 180kb/s :laugh:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

maybe its because im living in europe. Ive got a STM-4 internet connections so its 622 MBit/s (u've got to devide that by 1000 tho so my max bandwith would be 62 mb/s) i just really wonder why i only download with 60 kb/s (peak) and an average of 20-30 kb/s
    Through Change conquer!

Horendos wrote:
    maybe its because im living in europe. Ive got a STM-4 internet connections so its 622 MBit/s (u've got to devide that by 1000 tho so my max bandwith would be 62 mb/s) i just really wonder why i only download with 60 kb/s (peak) and an average of 20-30 kb/s
    That does not make any sense. What speed are you paying for? I get 6 mbps.

its a military persitent symetrical connection (synchronous transport module OC-12) im not paying it myself, using it together with 3 other persons and with a server however it shouldnt be the issue.
    Through Change conquer!

What speeds you get elsewhere? , Your sharing the bandwith , What are they doing ? and so on, I can download the patch with around 2.5 mb/s

it depends on steam i mostly download with 2000-3000 kb/s (that would be a 20.000 - 30.000 connection) actually the only slow thing i have discovered is the xsyon patcher, there are some homepages that cap at 80 kb/s (if u arent registered). on my computer at home, with a 6mb/s asymetrical line the connection was fast its just that in the barracks i only download xsyon with 60 kb/s (peak) i just cant find any reason for this
    Through Change conquer!