Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1

    Initial thoughts (Hope Devs read these)

    Great game so far. It has issues, but potential.

    • Load time is plain rediculous, this NEEDS to be reduced
    • IN relation to load time being reduced, there should be some kind of warning before server goes down (Unless it crashes) Let us know.
    • Should need to colelct wood to make a camp fire, currently you get it by gathering stones.
    • Would be nice to have animted fish in lakes and rivers.
    • A way to carry water would be really nice, water skins.
    • Armor dyes. Not sure if this is in or not.


    That's it so far, having fun with my tribe.
    Image - We rule all that we survey!!!

    Too bad we don't know how to use those stupid surveying instruments... Smithy!!! Come use this surveying crap so I can rule something!!!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhilton View Post
    Great game so far. It has issues, but potential.

    • Load time is plain rediculous, this NEEDS to be reduced
    • IN relation to load time being reduced, there should be some kind of warning before server goes down (Unless it crashes) Let us know.
    • Should need to colelct wood to make a camp fire, currently you get it by gathering stones.
    • Would be nice to have animted fish in lakes and rivers.
    • A way to carry water would be really nice, water skins.
    • Armor dyes. Not sure if this is in or not.


    That's it so far, having fun with my tribe.
    Thanks for the list.

    1)Whats your load time at? Whats your computer/net specs too?
    2)100% agree.
    3)Ya pretty funny it doesnt, this has been said before too.
    4)I could go either way on this, always nice to have a little flare but really bigger fish to fry =P
    5)Yep been said 100% agree.
    6)I dont think there is dyes yet, but you can change the way armor looks based on the items you put in it. IE, if you want red armor, use red items for the mats needed. Not all armor can be changed like this but some can.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  3. #3
    Takes 5+ minutes to log in. I have a FiOS connection and an Alienware M11x.
    Image - We rule all that we survey!!!

    Too bad we don't know how to use those stupid surveying instruments... Smithy!!! Come use this surveying crap so I can rule something!!!

  4. #4
    Hey andyhilton,

    Moved this thread to Tweaks and Suggestions, since most of the post is suggestions.
    However if you feel you are having 'rediculous' load times, contact support@notorious-games.com and perhaps they can help you out.

    Thanks.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhilton View Post
    Takes 5+ minutes to log in. I have a FiOS connection and an Alienware M11x.
    Ya that shouldnt be happening. I takes me under 1min to load in with a worse system and only 7mbit download.

    Im not sure whats causing it others have had the problems also.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Ya that shouldnt be happening. I takes me under 1min to load in with a worse system and only 7mbit download.

    Im not sure whats causing it others have had the problems also.
    i still sit at around 5 mins at loading zones/entities. maybe it's teh zone you're loading into.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.theburninghorde.com

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    i still sit at around 5 mins at loading zones/entities. maybe it's teh zone you're loading into.
    Ive never had it, and Ive walked a LOT of places.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  8. #8
    • Load time is plain rediculous, this NEEDS to be reduced.===This was fixed for the most part but some people still experiencing little longer than normal load times
    • IN relation to load time being reduced, there should be some kind of warning before server goes down (Unless it crashes) Let us know.===A system for this is being implamented soon.
    • Should need to collect wood to make a camp fire, currently you get it by gathering stones.===Already know and will be fixed.
    • Would be nice to have animted fish in lakes and rivers.===Good idea but low priority at the moment.
    • A way to carry water would be really nice, water skins.===Also another good idea and is also being looked into.
    • Armor dyes. Not sure if this is in or not.===Will be added in the near future.


    Thanks for your questions.
    Regards
    Head Test Developer
    Community liaison

    Website: www.xsyon.com
    Email: dezgard@notorious-games.com

  9. #9
    I'm sitting at 10+ minutes today, gonna kill it and try again.

    That's pretty crazy.

    I wanted to add, eating fish raw=ewww. Perfect job for a campfire. Perhaps a cooked fish keeps you fed longer?

    Edit: 10 minutes+ again, the main culprit it seems to get stuck on is Loading Entities.
    Image - We rule all that we survey!!!

    Too bad we don't know how to use those stupid surveying instruments... Smithy!!! Come use this surveying crap so I can rule something!!!

  10. #10
    Actually one survivalist 'must' is that in order to build any kind of fire pit, stones (or earth, but preferably stones since they don't require energy intensive digging) are important, more important than wood in fact (you can keep a fire pit going on dry grass or leaves if you don't have access to fire-grade wood). This is because a border of non-flammable stones will keep your fire from spreading to nearby flammables, meaning you only need to concern yourself with keeping it going, instead of also needing to keep it from burning down your surroundings.

    A fire pit shouldn't start out filled with fuel if it only requires stone, that's true, but it should not require wood INSTEAD of stone. (It should also however, probably, be able to be fueled with more than just specifically cut fire wood).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •