Okay well I thought I'd make a post detailing what I think would make a great PvP system for those who want to dominate Xsyon but also a system that would cause those being dominated not to want to quit the game.
- Open up green mist areas and have these areas be no safe zone expansion areas
- All the tribal boundary of an expansion totem will do is allow the tribe that owns the totem to terraform and build on the lands. However, all actions such as gathering resources is still allowed by EVERYONE. As well as looting of baskets, allowed by everyone. Buildings would still have to be destroyed through damaging it. Basically, opposing players can do everything the tribe can do except terraform, build and delete objects.
- Have an area even beyond the green mist in NESW regions of the map where NO TOTEMS can be placed. Extremely rare resources are found here and because the lands will be so fought after and far away from the home totem, it would likely take expeditions of a fair sized group of players working together to gather these resources and defend the gatherers from any attackers all the way back to the tribe.
- Expansion totems are FULLY capture able. Meaning that if the totem is sieged everything within the boundary instantly becomes property of the tribe that just conquered the totem. Remember, this simply means that the rights to TERRAFORM, BUILDING AND DELETING are the rights the conquering tribe now gains (since things like looting baskets and such are open to everyone in expansion territory)
- Totems placed inside where the green mist is (AKA every totem in existence at the time of this posting) is considered SAFE from ever being conquered. Which is to say, these HOME or CAPITAL totems so to speak cannot be captured in the sense that the rights to TERRAFORM, BUILD AND DELETE become the conquering tribes right. Essentially, the worst that can be done to a HOME tribe is to DESTROY (not delete) all the buildings and loot all the baskets in the tribe. Then all that would be left is the terraformed land which the attacking tribe CANNOT do anything to. However, should the attacking tribe feel the need to CAMP at the besieged tribes totem for quite some time, they could cause the tribe to quit the game that way.
But, there should NEVER be a system implemented where the rights of CONTROL to the HOME totem (the ones placed inside the green mist right now) is taken away from the original founders of the tribe and 1st starting totem.
With me on this one? The HOME totem can be abused and all items looted and all buildings destroyed...but the founding tribe will always have the CONTROL over terraform and attempting to rebuild the HOME totem.
If the above is not the case, I know personally I wouldn't play and I can confidently stand by saying 90% of the rest of the people who WOULD play this game WOULDN'T. There is just no incentive when you KNOW if your totem is captured, it is the EXACT SAME RESULT as a rollback to FINAL WIPE DAY.
Which is to say we restart with NOTHING.
- Expansion totems cost resources and gain in cost progressively per new expansion totem. Example, 1st exp. totem, 100 of item A, 10 item B...2nd totem 1000 item A, 100 item B...etc etc
-Expansion totems have health or perhaps players have to stand near the totem for a certain amount of time to capture it. Example, 1 player = 1 tick per second, 10 players near totem = 10 ticks per second. Perhaps it would take a total of 36000 (10 hours for ONE person to capture totem) ticks or seconds to capture the totem...and of course every defending player standing near the totem gives the totem 1 tick back up per second
...and there could also be defensive upgrades to totems such as to make the totem take longer to capture
-Ultra rare resource non totem area should contain resources for POWERFUL PvP related equipment, as to give more meaning for PvPers to come help gather valuable resources. Example...could be materials for an awesome polearm or it could be a rare recipe to build a battering ram or siege tower
Anyways, would love to hear feed back on this as well as any ideas or tweaks of my ideas you may have