Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1

    My 2 pennies worth...suggestions for PvP system

    Okay well I thought I'd make a post detailing what I think would make a great PvP system for those who want to dominate Xsyon but also a system that would cause those being dominated not to want to quit the game.


    - Open up green mist areas and have these areas be no safe zone expansion areas




    - All the tribal boundary of an expansion totem will do is allow the tribe that owns the totem to terraform and build on the lands. However, all actions such as gathering resources is still allowed by EVERYONE. As well as looting of baskets, allowed by everyone. Buildings would still have to be destroyed through damaging it. Basically, opposing players can do everything the tribe can do except terraform, build and delete objects.





    - Have an area even beyond the green mist in NESW regions of the map where NO TOTEMS can be placed. Extremely rare resources are found here and because the lands will be so fought after and far away from the home totem, it would likely take expeditions of a fair sized group of players working together to gather these resources and defend the gatherers from any attackers all the way back to the tribe.






    - Expansion totems are FULLY capture able. Meaning that if the totem is sieged everything within the boundary instantly becomes property of the tribe that just conquered the totem. Remember, this simply means that the rights to TERRAFORM, BUILDING AND DELETING are the rights the conquering tribe now gains (since things like looting baskets and such are open to everyone in expansion territory)





    - Totems placed inside where the green mist is (AKA every totem in existence at the time of this posting) is considered SAFE from ever being conquered. Which is to say, these HOME or CAPITAL totems so to speak cannot be captured in the sense that the rights to TERRAFORM, BUILD AND DELETE become the conquering tribes right. Essentially, the worst that can be done to a HOME tribe is to DESTROY (not delete) all the buildings and loot all the baskets in the tribe. Then all that would be left is the terraformed land which the attacking tribe CANNOT do anything to. However, should the attacking tribe feel the need to CAMP at the besieged tribes totem for quite some time, they could cause the tribe to quit the game that way.

    But, there should NEVER be a system implemented where the rights of CONTROL to the HOME totem (the ones placed inside the green mist right now) is taken away from the original founders of the tribe and 1st starting totem.

    With me on this one? The HOME totem can be abused and all items looted and all buildings destroyed...but the founding tribe will always have the CONTROL over terraform and attempting to rebuild the HOME totem.

    If the above is not the case, I know personally I wouldn't play and I can confidently stand by saying 90% of the rest of the people who WOULD play this game WOULDN'T. There is just no incentive when you KNOW if your totem is captured, it is the EXACT SAME RESULT as a rollback to FINAL WIPE DAY.

    Which is to say we restart with NOTHING.










    - Expansion totems cost resources and gain in cost progressively per new expansion totem. Example, 1st exp. totem, 100 of item A, 10 item B...2nd totem 1000 item A, 100 item B...etc etc





    -Expansion totems have health or perhaps players have to stand near the totem for a certain amount of time to capture it. Example, 1 player = 1 tick per second, 10 players near totem = 10 ticks per second. Perhaps it would take a total of 36000 (10 hours for ONE person to capture totem) ticks or seconds to capture the totem...and of course every defending player standing near the totem gives the totem 1 tick back up per second

    ...and there could also be defensive upgrades to totems such as to make the totem take longer to capture




    -Ultra rare resource non totem area should contain resources for POWERFUL PvP related equipment, as to give more meaning for PvPers to come help gather valuable resources. Example...could be materials for an awesome polearm or it could be a rare recipe to build a battering ram or siege tower




    Anyways, would love to hear feed back on this as well as any ideas or tweaks of my ideas you may have
    Audacius

    [B]

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    If the above is not the case, I know personally I wouldn't play and I can confidently stand by saying 90% of the rest of the people who WOULD play this game WOULDN'T. There is just no incentive when you KNOW if your totem is captured, it is the EXACT SAME RESULT as a rollback to FINAL WIPE DAY.
    Did you read about the game before playing at all? or just now want to try to change it?

    I love how you can just make up numbers. 90% of the players will leave the game if this were started or to happen? Wow somehow I think you are a bit off there, considering this has been the plan to have totems attack-able from the start.

    Let me go with this. What if BAD BOYS FOR LIFE moved in next door to you in game, causing you grief everyday. But there is nothing you can do. You are stuck living next to them in safe area forever. Does that sound like fun to you?
    Because you know what, it would happen trust me. You going to get upset then too, because there is NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. BUT if a system were to happen where you could take out their totem. Then poof problem solved.

    Anyways your system is bad, and really just pushing the problems on the "stage 2" set of people that are going to play.
    These prelude lands you are so worried about, are only a very small part of the world. Really I dont even care if they put that system in, but my point is still that is a bad idea and Im against bad ideas.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  3. #3
    If you couldn't evict them you'd have constant pvp :P.
    I'm waiting for the dev response, though.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Did you read about the game before playing at all? or just now want to try to change it?

    I love how you can just make up numbers. 90% of the players will leave the game if this were started or to happen? Wow somehow I think you are a bit off there, considering this has been the plan to have totems attack-able from the start.

    Let me go with this. What if BAD BOYS FOR LIFE moved in next door to you in game, causing you grief everyday. But there is nothing you can do. You are stuck living next to them in safe area forever. Does that sound like fun to you?
    Because you know what, it would happen trust me. You going to get upset then too, because there is NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. BUT if a system were to happen where you could take out their totem. Then poof problem solved.

    Anyways your system is bad, and really just pushing the problems on the "stage 2" set of people that are going to play.
    These prelude lands you are so worried about, are only a very small part of the world. Really I dont even care if they put that system in, but my point is still that is a bad idea and Im against bad ideas.
    I love how in every post you are always right MrDDT no point in arguing with you ever. So why don't you just make the game then since you seem to know what everywill like and how everything should be done the correct way? I mean I don't necassarily agree with Appollo on what he said, but at the same time you always seem to know what is right it's absolutely amazing how god like you truly are.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    If the above is not the case, I know personally I wouldn't play and I can confidently stand by saying 90% of the rest of the people who WOULD play this game WOULDN'T.


    Would you stop already? If you want to speak for yourself fine, but stop acting like you have the pulse of the rest of the player base.
    Your own guildmate doesn't even agree with you.

    Grow up...this "Im taking my toys and going home" bit is getting old especially when you falsely claim to represent the entire playground.

    Youre welcome to YOUR opinion, but dont claim it's mine ,his or hers.

    "I farm people"

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer0901 View Post
    I love how in every post you are always right MrDDT no point in arguing with you ever. So why don't you just make the game then since you seem to know what everywill like and how everything should be done the correct way? I mean I don't necassarily agree with Appollo on what he said, but at the same time you always seem to know what is right it's absolutely amazing how god like you truly are.
    Would it help if I put "In my opinion" after every post?

    If anyone is claiming to be "right" here its YOU with making up facts like 90% of the server will leave if XYZ happens.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanover View Post
    Would you stop already? If you want to speak for yourself fine, but stop acting like you have the pulse of the rest of the player base.
    Your own guildmate doesn't even agree with you.

    Grow up...this "Im taking my toys and going home" bit is getting old especially when you falsely claim to represent the entire playground.

    Youre welcome to YOUR opinion, but dont claim it's mine ,his or hers.
    I don't represent the entire playground. I do represent most of us however, when it comes to their opinion on this issue.

    You can CLEARLY see by the post from the new developer that a good amount of the ideas in this thread are what will be implemented. Note I posted this 2 1/2 hours before he did, so it's not like I went and copied what he said. Shit, he even calls it the HOME zone...



    Quote Originally Posted by Danathur View Post
    Hi All,

    as most of you might have read I am one of the new guys on board of the team and I would like to introduce myself a bit and explain what my job at NG is.
    As you could see, Jordi introduced me as game designer and programmer. So what does that mean ?

    Well being a programmer is quite obvious, but game designer is a bit more complicated. My role as game designer is to support Jordi in creating the ruleset of Xsyon. So basically I am the guy, who tries to listen to your suggestions, combines it with his own experience, puts it in a context with Jordis visions, evaluates the technical feasibility and finally helps to integrate it, so that we all have fun.

    Now as you can guess this task can quickly consume all your working time just by listening and responding to all of the players ideas and wishes. Therefore in the near future I will introduce a system to you all, how we can improve our communication and leaving enough time to me and the team to do the main task of actually designing and implementing the game. As much as I would like to talk to all of you, it will simply not be possible to do so. All I can do right now is assure you, that we already listen to your feedback. So until I have setup the system, feel free to PM me your ideas and even more important, continue to post them here on the forums. But be not dissapointed if I do not find the time to give you a personal response.

    Well to give you an example, that we will really try to improve our communication, I would like to give you an answer to an issue, which was discussed now in many threats all over again. The never ending "PvP vs. PvE" struggle.

    Jordi and I have a clear design vision here. Xsyon is about surviving the apocalyse and building up a new world/society. So we do not want to create a massive multiplayer first person shooter. On the other hand are conflicts and managing them (not only by violence !) the real challenge and where the most fun will come from in the long term. So we do not want to create a crafting simulator either.
    What we will do to make our vision come true is to make PvPing more expensive, but also more rewarding. The new farming feature is our first step in this direction. How is it intended to work ?

    As Jordi stated within the next weeks we will turn on decay and will modify the combat system in such a way, that your personal condition will have a significant impact on your fighting capabilities. So if your are hungry, thirsty, cold, unrested etc. your overall fighting performance will suffer. So you need food, clothing, a house etc. to maintain a TOP fighting performance. A PvPer will need the crafters to maintain his fighting performance, cause farming will use a lot of your time especially with low skills/stats.
    On the other hand the resources will need protection, cause only your home tribe zone will be a safe zone and will for sure not be big enough, to provide all the ressources you will need in the future, cause we will also make crafting more "expensive" by turning on decay and reactivating item stats again.

    At the bottom line we will focus on making PvPer and PvEer more dependend on each other.

    So find a way to get along with each other For the solo players here, you can keep your way of life, but being among the best in all areas will not be possible. You can specialize or be an average allrounder. This is up to you. But we want to encourage you to interact with other players, but not neccesarily make you join a tribe.

    As a starting point for the above explained process, to produce enough food to keep your comfort at MAXIMUM (again you can survive without intensive farming, but we are talking here about being at the top) you will have to find a suitable farming spot and start farming. To protect this spot you can drop an „expansion“ totem. But this totem will be attackle and your crops can be taken away or even only destroyed by others. This should generate conflicts and hopefully give you a first reason to struggle about. How the "siege mechanics" will work in detail, I will present in a different thread, where I will ask for your feedback on it, cause this post is already getting to long for a first "Hello" ...

    Coming to an end, I would like to pass some personal infos. As you might have detected, I am not a native english speaker. I am 47 years old and living in germany. So if you find any typos or bad english, be nice to me or I will start to do the future posts in german only
    From my profession background I am a lot more a programmer than a game designer, but I studied economics and gaming was always a passion for me especially MMORGs. So I am a newcomer as game designer but hopefully with the right skills and experience to manage the job.

    I am looking forward to work for NG and I hope this post is a first start to improve our communication. As Jordi said we had a really rough launch, but we are trying our best to improve our service and finally deliver the gaming experience to you, you all hope to find within Xsyon.

    Danathur

    Case and point. I find it HILARIOUS its just DDT, Hanover and Dubanka who seem to never get off this forum....the least you can do if you are going to be on the forum so often is be CONSTRUCTIVE and not an asshole...really.


    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Did you read about the game before playing at all? or just now want to try to change it?

    I love how you can just make up numbers. 90% of the players will leave the game if this were started or to happen? Wow somehow I think you are a bit off there, considering this has been the plan to have totems attack-able from the start.

    Let me go with this. What if BAD BOYS FOR LIFE moved in next door to you in game, causing you grief everyday. But there is nothing you can do. You are stuck living next to them in safe area forever. Does that sound like fun to you?
    Because you know what, it would happen trust me. You going to get upset then too, because there is NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. BUT if a system were to happen where you could take out their totem. Then poof problem solved.

    Anyways your system is bad, and really just pushing the problems on the "stage 2" set of people that are going to play.
    These prelude lands you are so worried about, are only a very small part of the world. Really I dont even care if they put that system in, but my point is still that is a bad idea and Im against bad ideas.
    You are STILL missing the point. And as the DevDanathur posted, home totems will be safe and expansion totems will work in pretty much the same way that I thought would be good for the game

    If these douche bags move in next to you, DEFEND AGAINST THE GRIEF or MOVE. OR attack the hell out of the griefers until THEY get pissed and move. Sorry to say that hardly anyone agrees with all land being capture able. Come to think of it, I can only think of three...

    Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    If you couldn't evict them you'd have constant pvp :P.
    I'm waiting for the dev response, though.
    How would there be constant PvP when you have destroyed all their buildings, looted all their items and camp their resources? there would be temporary PvP and then removal of the totem by the tribe leader because they are sick of not having any progress


    If home totems could be stolen I would even bother building on my tribe lands. I would just go capture other people's who have put in all the work for me. Cmon, now, you REALLY don't see the problem with that system?
    Audacius

    [B]

  8. #8
    NorCal -

    The ideas in this thread are similar to the ones slightly touched on by Jordi in the past. I wouldn't claim any foresight.

    Anyway... I personally like destruction. The more, the better.

  9. #9
    Xsyon Citizen VeryWiiTee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in nowhere
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    I don't represent the entire playground. I do represent most of us however, when it comes to their opinion on this issue.

    You can CLEARLY see by the post from the new developer that a good amount of the ideas in this thread are what will be implemented. Note I posted this 2 1/2 hours before he did, so it's not like I went and copied what he said. Shit, he even calls it the HOME zone...






    Case and point. I find it HILARIOUS its just DDT, Hanover and Dubanka who seem to never get off this forum....the least you can do if you are going to be on the forum so often is be CONSTRUCTIVE and not an asshole...really.




    You are STILL missing the point. And as the DevDanathur posted, home totems will be safe and expansion totems will work in pretty much the same way that I thought would be good for the game

    If these douche bags move in next to you, DEFEND AGAINST THE GRIEF or MOVE. OR attack the hell out of the griefers until THEY get pissed and move. Sorry to say that hardly anyone agrees with all land being capture able. Come to think of it, I can only think of three...



    How would there be constant PvP when you have destroyed all their buildings, looted all their items and camp their resources? there would be temporary PvP and then removal of the totem by the tribe leader because they are sick of not having any progress


    If home totems could be stolen I would even bother building on my tribe lands. I would just go capture other people's who have put in all the work for me. Cmon, now, you REALLY don't see the problem with that system?
    I'm going to quote your entire shit.

    First of all. You claim not to represent the majority but only represent your own opinion. Yet you state that 90% of the server would leave.
    That seems to me that you want to represent 90% of the population (or try to scare the Dev which is more the case). However, you fail miserably.. Sorry.

    Second of all I'm going to say, at no point does Danathur actually agree with you except the very little 'expansion totems will be attackable'

    Third of all, your ultra extreme rare resource idea? I lol'd. So those areas will be completely crowded by people grinding, the entire border land up to the resource area will be crowded with tribes and most of the game will be diverted in that direction both tribes/area wise as well as everything else making the game incredibly hollow.
    - How about you distribute them according to the enviroment they are usually found in..? That would be a more "random"/just system and it would be more realistic.

    Fourth of all (I just broke the three-step argumentation. Ftw.) there shouldn't be any safe zones. If the tribal area is safezone or not should be up to the tribe until a) Prelude ends, b) The tribe decides to remove it or c) they introduce defense mechanisms.
    - As it has been stated multiple times. Your main tribal area is safe until prelude ends (at least that was what I read)

    Fifth of all. There should be no war, looting or whatsoever on tribal land (this excludes expansion totems) until you can protect it passively without having to be online. (Ie. gates, towers etc).

    The deal is very simple. The game should be as open as possible.
    If you want to be able to do something, you should be able to protect yourself against the same something (obviously it requires that the action you want to do is aggressive/offensive in some way).
    A good example is Tree-griefing. Currently it is ruining the game. I'm all for the possibility to do so, but I'd also want to be able to combat it. You could log entire zones within an hour or two but you couldn't prevent it from happening.
    Same deal will happen if you don't have ways of preventing people griefing (destroying Bins, Resources, Housing etc) your village/town/city. You got to be able to defend it, not just by PvP, but through gates and permaybehaps watch towers and so forth.

    I'm gonna keep on laughing now .

  10. #10
    This weeks post break down. Ready?

    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    I don't represent the entire playground. I do represent most of us however, when it comes to their opinion on this issue.
    How did you get the data that you repersent most? Also can you show me the data? So far I can see in this forum thread here MOST people agree that there should be LESS safe area. Which would disagree with your post. Just using this forum thread here. So there is my data. Im not even going as far to say that most agree with me. Im just saying that your numbers are not right and just 100% made up. Please show me where you can even remotely get 90% of the people agree with you. Or how you got that number.

    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    You can CLEARLY see by the post from the new developer that a good amount of the ideas in this thread are what will be implemented. Note I posted this 2 1/2 hours before he did, so it's not like I went and copied what he said. Shit, he even calls it the HOME zone...
    Clearly the Dev posted and read other posts, we already knew from what was put out MARCH 5th how the system was going work, the new Dev is simply supporting that new system. However, my disagreement and many others (Note I didnt give % nor say most) dont like that and thus are stating why its a bad idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    Case and point. I find it HILARIOUS its just DDT, Hanover and Dubanka who seem to never get off this forum....the least you can do if you are going to be on the forum so often is be CONSTRUCTIVE and not an asshole...really.
    We are constructive, read our posts again and see we do not only offer our opinions and express how we do not like something, we also offer ways to fix it to how we do like it. Those are called IDEAS. Many are well thought out. I dont even post full detailed posts because its a waste of time falling on deaf ears when the system that gets put in place if it were changed is likely not even using any part of the system I said. Sometimes it works out sometimes it doesnt.

    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    You are STILL missing the point. And as the DevDanathur posted, home totems will be safe and expansion totems will work in pretty much the same way that I thought would be good for the game
    Ive pointed out WHY thats a bad idea a few times already but I can post it here again.
    Why? Because placing a safe totem wherever you want, whenever you want can be exploited. You will have tribes that claim rare resources, or place totems to stop another tribe's growth. With NOTHING the other tribes can do. Its every exploitable which is NOT good. Safe areas should be preset by the devs and limited in resources. (Hmmm starting to sound like what the new dev is saying isnt it?)

    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    If these douche bags move in next to you, DEFEND AGAINST THE GRIEF or MOVE. OR attack the hell out of the griefers until THEY get pissed and move. Sorry to say that hardly anyone agrees with all land being capture able. Come to think of it, I can only think of three...
    Saying you are going to "Defend against it" isnt saying HOW you going to defend against it. Plus if "moving" is such an ez option then why not allow take over of totems? According to you if someone has to MOVE then they will quit.
    You cant say that "Hardly" because 1) few people playing post on the forums its only a small %, 2) is the fact you didnt even add up the numbers of people that agree with you. Plus your numbers that DISAGREE are wrong. I would go count but its pointless see reason #1.

    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    How would there be constant PvP when you have destroyed all their buildings, looted all their items and camp their resources? there would be temporary PvP and then removal of the totem by the tribe leader because they are sick of not having any progress
    So says you, first why would an attacking tribe destroy all the buildings if they were going to claim a totem? Next if destruction is put in right, it would take a long time to take out someone elses stuff, thus making it long process and make for constant PVP. Now having said that, I expect more items and tools to be in place to take out buildings/walls/gates faster, which would also create a need for resources for those tools. Im guessing some kinda catapult or ram. These tools and items would take time to make.
    Anyways clearly what you are saying makes no sense. Most likely people that are getting attacked would 1)defend it, 2)call for help to defend it, 3)work out a deal with the attackers 4)move, 5)quit the game. In that order. Not "Im going to kill myself and quit" pretty sure Ive played enough pvp games to know thats the last option.

    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    If home totems could be stolen I would even bother building on my tribe lands. I would just go capture other people's who have put in all the work for me. Cmon, now, you REALLY don't see the problem with that system?
    2 problems with that. 1)If you didnt build it yourself the you wouldnt get the location you wanted nor would the plans be correctly built how you wanted. 2)You would also have the skills to TAKE a totem from someone when defense is (and should be) easier.

    So why not build up a totem, and defend it? That would be a lot easier and if you are a "crafting" guild at heart the normal thing to do.
    If you dont piss of people, and make good plans for defense you shouldnt have any problems at all. But somehow I doubt thats your mindset. Likely you will have tons of people knocking on your door.

    Also dont forget in your idea of "Taking a totem" that you didnt build up. You would still then have to defend it.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •