Whip & Sugar for testing

heres my idea :

Shut down the main gameserver on one day in the week (lets say Monday) for 2 hours, and invite all players to the test server.Re activate the red chat we had at pre release on the test server ,for better communication.
    Use the testers as rat labs /slaves or whatever you see fit.
    After that ,give everyone who did succsessfully participate a little something as reward on the main server.
    edit :
    The idea is to help the devs , who are obviously having a shit ton on their plate , test the stuff they are working on under real time load and player expirience and giving us (the community) a glimpse on what they(devs) are up to all the time.

sidenote:normaly i wouldnt suggest any rewards , but if it helps to attract ppl wth

I'm with you on the fact we need more player testers, But I don't think shutting down the live server is the best way to get people over on the test server. Also you will find (I think) a lot of players here will get upset to find out that you have to go to a test sever to be given a reward on the main server. Don't get me wrong, I have said that player testers should have some type of reward. Not in this game but in some AAA MMO games, And had a shit load of crap dumped on me for suggesting it. I want say most gamers, As I hate it when people say "most" when there is no real stat to prove it. But I will say from the games I have played and my time here with Xsyon. A lot of the gamers here will not like anything that will shut the main game server down. Especially if there is no bug fix or patch.

typically the best way is for the test server to get more population is to have a cheater npc/blue frog/terminal where you go and some type of interaction gives you certain types of reward like a quest that gives you 100 skill points(10 exp bars).

add teleporting to starter locations(like a soul bound item that lets you teleport to each of the starting locations and uses faith or has charges)

see alik the thing is i see more active forumgamers then actual active players ingame.The 2 hours shutdown i mentioned is the WHIP , specialy to all those forumdwellers,
    they dont take part ...ok ...but then they have no say.
    and the reward , whatever it maybe is earned .
    And those who cant even stomach 2 hours once a week , well nothing more i can say bout that

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    typically the best way is for the test server to get more population is to have a cheater npc/blue frog/terminal where you go and some type of interaction gives you certain types of reward like a quest that gives you 100 skill points(10 exp bars).

add teleporting to starter locations(like a soul bound item that lets you teleport to each of the starting locations and uses faith or has charges)
    sorry i dont get what you mean
    besides what makes you think anyone would get such redicule rewards ?

Is there an existing test server already like some other MMOs have?

And those who cant even stomach 2 hours once a week , well nothing more i can say bout that
    i typically try to avoid doing activities 'that i have to try and stomach' in my free time.