Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Oh DDT back off and go back and read properly. I ran my arse off to find those animals. In fact it took me 20 minutes (and 3 zones) just to find first one. Luckily I live in the mountains now and I can climb peaks for good view which reduced my search time. Favoritism? Get a life. Maybe it is the way you asked?

Go guides, best guides of all the games I ever played (so far) which can not be said for some of the game's population. Do not apologize Mihr you did NOTHING wrong. Your move still stands as cool and it did nothing but entertain players who found animals beside me (I'm pretty sure I didn't kill them all, there is only so many bones I can take with me you know).

Thanks Mihr and Dez for your replies on this topic messages.

Im more than happy with your response.

This is bullshit. GMs do not spawn mobs for players. I don't think I need to elaborate, but, considering staff did one of the most deplorable acts as a GM (practicing favoritism) I will. You, as a GM, do not, under ANY circumstances spawn items or mobs for a player unless they have EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE that something is bugged that requires the mob to be respawned for them. Holy crap even on most private servers GMs aren't allowed to do this. Is this really who they hired to be a GM on this game? I can sum up that GMs actions with one word: Unacceptable.

If you want $14.99 a month start acting $14.99 a month or MORE people will start acting with their money, and discontinuing paying any to your unprofessional "favoritist" project.

I want to see 15 animals spawned in every zone for every person in that zone, now, thank you. Otherwise it's just plain favoritism.

Sorry for the rant but honestly I've NEVER seen something this bad in a P2P MMO and I really expect more than that out of the staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothkur View Post
    This is bullshit. GMs do not spawn mobs for players. I don't think I need to elaborate, but, considering staff did one of the most deplorable acts as a GM (practicing favoritism) I will. You, as a GM, do not, under ANY circumstances spawn items or mobs for a player unless they have EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE that something is bugged that requires the mob to be respawned for them. Holy crap even on most private servers GMs aren't allowed to do this. Is this really who they hired to be a GM on this game? I can sum up that GMs actions with one word: Unacceptable.

If you want $14.99 a month start acting $14.99 a month or MORE people will start acting with their money, and discontinuing paying any to your unprofessional "favoritist" project.

I want to see 15 animals spawned in every zone for every person in that zone, now, thank you. Otherwise it's just plain favoritism.

Sorry for the rant but honestly I've NEVER seen something this bad in a P2P MMO and I really expect more than that out of the staff.

This was the type of reaction I was worried about.
    As the Guide said, the spawns are bugged right now. Guides are the only way they respawn. They are going to put in a system where the AI respawns on its own, but right now the guides do it.
    As guide told me and Dez that pretty much they going to get all the Guides on the same page.

Guides need training and this is a smaller company and they are learning some as they go. This is a good thing to happen now over something small because it will start a system to be put in place where it wont happen again for anything like this.

5. 05-03-2011, 09:22 AM

Sad that my first post is a rant.
    So lets get this straight.
    We all know animals are broken, we know its a work in progress to get fixed.
    We know the guides can spawn them.
    Someone asked, and the guide spawned them for the whole zone. Not for one player. The whole zone. Thus giving everyone in said zone a nice little treat during the hard times in the game just now while we wait for a fix. The folk complaining are just upset that it wasnt them. It would be awhole lot different if they had been in the zone that was given the animal
    Does this make me angry. Of course not, hell i would love to see some animals, and im sure alot of folk would as well. I thought it was a nice gesture by a guide. And lets not forgot, the devs could have just laughed and continued to take folks money while they fix the game, but instead gave guide postions to some folk so they could help out in game.
    And whats happaned, i see a few folk bitching about it. Bravo guys. Its folk like you, that will mean the guides will be told they cant spawn animals for anyone now.

And MrDDT, sorry but as i said to you in chat, You act like an arse in game by paving junkpiles and destroying trees just cause you can or that you are bored, then you deserve all you get from the guides ignoring your requests. Hell if it was me i would drop you down a large hole in the game and let about 20 bears eat your body if you asked for animal spawns.

Weren't guides tasked with spawning animals during Beta? Wasn't around for that but thought that's what I had heard.

Either way, this is really nothing new. I've seen guides spawn animals for quite a while now. Certain guides have even talked about it with players in general chat. It didn't seem to me like anyone was trying to hide anything or do things behind the scenes in some kind of nefarious favoritism.

I can see how it can feel that way though. First time I saw it, I thought, "hey, why don't *I* get that!!" Then I realized I was feeling like a jealous child on Christmas morning. Kind of silly.

I would have thought there would already be a "code of conduct" that one would have to agree to before becoming a guide. I'm sure there is, and it would probably have been impossible to foresee every scenario that needed to be included.

MrDDT has already pointed out that his concern about potential favoritism has been addressed directly by two company representatives. I think it's a bit early to rage, even if emotions can easily run high. If the company responds and addresses issues as the community raises them, this should be seen as a positive. Again, even the best contingency plans need to be revised as new scenarios arise. If there is consistent and prolonged failure to revise, that would be the time to rage.

This is not the case regarding this particular issue.

Your entire post is bullshit. Plain and simple jealous bullshit. Get a life or make your own mmo and set rules there. Who are you to tell company how to run their business? Why don't you go over at Apple and thell them that they should make their apps avaiable to android users? Or tell Microsoft to make theri code public. This. Is. Not. Your. Company. You. Do. Not. Set. The. Rules. Eat. It. Or. Leave. It.

It's amazing what players will blindly defend in the face of fanboyism.

You don't spawn one zone with animals and forget about all the others.

The issue is far more the principle than the specific animals, if my responders used an ounce of logic they would understand that.

Any GM engaging in this act would most likely be removed in any other MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Your entire post is bullshit. Plain and simple jealous bullshit. Get a life or make your own mmo and set rules there. Who are you to tell company how to run their business? Why don't you go over at Apple and thell them that they should make their apps avaiable to android users? Or tell Microsoft to make theri code public. This. Is. Not. Your. Company. You. Do. Not. Set. The. Rules. Eat. It. Or. Leave. It.
    "Abuse is okay when I'm the one who benefits from it!" - Classic MMO Community Logic

I have asked guides for assistance in animal hunting when it's scarse or turned off and I really appreciate that they take the time to do so. I don't abuse asking by only inquiring every 2-3 days. Please don't turn-off my Bonecrafting : /

It's amazing what players will blindly defend in the face of fanboyism.

You don't spawn one zone with animals and forget about all the others.

The issue is far more the principal than the specific animals, if my responders used an ounce of logic they would understand that.
    4 Zones. Learn to read. 4 zones mr hater. And don't talk about logic when you defy it yourself by saying that game should remain dead for everyone. Admit it you are just jealous.