Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Huh? That didnt make much sense.

If I get a guide to do special things for me but not anyone else dont you think there is a problem there?
    You didn't ask GuideMihr to spawn animals for you, you asked other guides who probably didn't have the right-opportunity to do so. So yeah, I don't see any problem here, Mihr would do it for anyone who asks for that, saying it was favoritism is plain stupid. I'm glad if a fellow player gets some help which helps him to enjoy the game more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    You didn't ask GuideMihr to spawn animals for you, you asked other guides who probably didn't have the right-opportunity to do so. So yeah, I don't see any problem here, Mihr would do it for anyone who asks for that, saying it was favoritism is plain stupid. I'm glad if a fellow player gets some help which helps him to enjoy the game more.
    You make a great point and whats what I was trying to point out. ALL guides should be on the same page of how they do things.
    One guide shouldnt do something while another guide doesnt, because it can been seen like it is favoritism. I already said I dont think it was, but it looks like it could be. Guides should be on the same page of how they conduct themselves. That's all Im saying.

Im am super happy that a player is made happy by a guide, my problem is players also like Roth who feel cheated because they didnt get the same treatment. Then you have other people like Temur who feel that unless you are friends with a Guide you shouldnt get any help. Clearly there is issues there.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    You make a great point and whats what I was trying to point out. ALL guides should be on the same page of how they do things.
    One guide shouldnt do something while another guide doesnt, because it can been seen like it is favoritism. I already said I dont think it was, but it looks like it could be. Guides should be on the same page of how they conduct themselves. That's all Im saying.

Im am super happy that a player is made happy by a guide, my problem is players also like Roth who feel cheated because they didnt get the same treatment. Then you have other people like Temur who feel that unless you are friends with a Guide you shouldnt get any help. Clearly there is issues there.
    You're putting words into my mouth, I do not feel cheated in terms of in-game animal spawns, I feel like GMs are not performing up to the standards I would like them to. The specific results of the actions are not what concerns me, it is the actions themselves. I view my concerns as completely reasonable by the conduct of GMs on hundreds of other online game servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothkur View Post
    You're putting words into my mouth, I do not feel cheated in terms of in-game animal spawns, I feel like GMs are not performing up to the standards I would like them to. The specific results of the actions are not what concerns me, it is the actions themselves.
    Im sorry I didnt mean to put words in your mouth.
    But that is one of the reasons and yours is another valid point.

5. 05-03-2011, 10:50 AM

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen,

To clarify things a little for you...

The Guide structure works with a Ranking system...
    New Guides have a trial period, and in that trial period the abilities/commands they have at their disposal are very limited, and pretty much only able to answer /H and help with stuck players, nothing more.
    Only the most trusted Guides are able to spawn Animals or any other item.

These 'Trusted' Guides do spawn animals for the whole world. (Not at once, but zone by zone).
    They are not done on player requests, although it might of seemed so with this players plea in the /H channel.

GuideMihr was on his daily rounds of spawning animals in certain zones, This players zones and the surrounding ones were on his list of zones to populate with Animals.

Now before players say that Guides spawning animals is wrong, let me say I agree with this, however let me state some exceptions...

When the Animals AI, which governs the animals to reproduce and self sustain is broken or turned off, or furthermore not in game yet.
    When reproducing a bug.
    When conducting server wide or mini events.

Now until the game has a Fully working animal AI with reproduction to self sustain the animal population, the Guides that are able to Spawn animals will do so.

These spawns will not be done on the doorstep of players nor will it be done by a players request.

I hope this has cleared things up.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by GuideRaguel View Post
    Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen,

To clarify things a little for you...

The Guide structure works with a Ranking system...
    New Guides have a trial period, and in that trial period the abilities/commands they have at their disposal are very limited, and pretty much only able to answer /H and help with stuck players, nothing more.
    Only the most trusted Guides are able to spawn Animals or any other item.

These 'Trusted' Guides do spawn animals for the whole world. (Not at once, but zone by zone).
    They are not done on player requests, although it might of seemed so with this players plea in the /H channel.

GuideMihr was on his daily rounds of spawning animals in certain zones, This players zones and the surrounding ones were on his list of zones to populate with Animals.

Now before players say that Guides spawning animals is wrong, let me say I agree with this, however let me state some exceptions...

When the Animals AI, which governs the animals to reproduce and self sustain is broken or turned off, or furthermore not in game yet.
    When reproducing a bug.
    When conducting server wide or mini events.

Now until the game has a Fully working animal AI with reproduction to self sustain the animal population, the Guides that are able to Spawn animals will do so.

These spawns will not be done on the doorstep of players nor will it be done by a players request.

I hope this has cleared things up.

Thank you.
    Thank you, I am glad this strict policy is the case. I assumed this was roughly the policy any MMO would have in place.

This post did not insinuate what you have just stated in the above post:

Quote Originally Posted by GuideMihr View Post
    Hello all,

I didn't spawn directly at any camp or player,he asked if I could spawn some animals around in his zone,within a zone,the same way I spawned in other zones without getting a help chat,so If I have to spawn I don't care to do it in zones where there are active players and they ask for that meanwhile next patch is comming.

No good deed shall go unpunished. Sorry Mihr, some people just don't have a life and must crap on anything around them. You are still my hero.

Also some animals are still around my zone I just hunted few more 24 hours later. So you losers who bitched here instead of playing the game can feel even more jealous since I play a game and you troll forums.

9. 05-03-2011, 10:58 AM

Imho GuideMihr is also new to his job (which is starting to be standard here, at least from what I see) and I'm sure this is one time thing. Doing things like this specially when we start to have wars in this game is unacceptable, imagine a situation where guide spawns trees to one side of the map that is controlled by one tribe or anything like that...

Animals are spawned by request of one player and that's it ... where are they spawned or how many are ONLY details... not important for this act atm.
    Also saying that someone is jealous or not is really not important in this debate. (even if he is he have every right to be jealous)

Hey spawn me a horse so I can tame him close to me (4 zones) and I'll look for him all day if needed ... getting my point?

At the end... I really believe thing like this one... will not happen in future.

My 2 cents
    /cheers
    Eduard

Quote Originally Posted by Eduard View Post
    Imho GuideMihr is also new to his job (which is starting to be standard here, at least from what I see) and I'm sure this is one time thing. Doing things like this specially when we start to have wars in this game is unacceptable, imagine a situation where guide spawns trees to one side of the map that is controlled by one tribe or anything like that...

Animals are spawned by request of one player and that's it ... where are they spawned or how many are ONLY details... not important for this act atm.
    Also saying that someone is jealous or not is really not important in this debate. (even if he is he have every right to be jealous)

Hey spawn me a horse so I can tame him close to me (4 zones) and I'll look for him all day if needed ... getting my point?

At the end... I really believe thing like this one... will not happen in future.

My 2 cents
    /cheers
    Eduard
    I'm just satisfied that they have a set system and aren't just spawning based on player requests. That was the issue for me.

Honestly, I'm just concerned they might start spawning rats for Plague... that's just a bad combination historically speaking.

Ok, lame attempt at humor.

Roth, there was an instance maybe a month ago where a guide had been shown to behave inappropriately in an obvious way. It was dealt with. Again, if the individual with a concern is answered privately by two company representatives, and this individual is satisfied by the responses received, it should probably tell you that concerns are heard and handled. No need to grab the double-headed axe prematurely. IF a new procedure needs to be put in place(what the heck do I know), it will likely take a little time to follow the procedure for new procedures...

EDIT: I always take so long to type and think out a post, I'm just behind the times... heard, addressed, and presumably resolved. There goes my procrastination... drats.