Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Some questions for devs and pre-order players

After having a meeting with a couple hundred Septorians from our community I compiled a list of the 10 ten questions asked by then in respect to Xsyon in hopes someone will be able to answer them.

1) Is there a full screen windowed mode (windowed mode that has a window the size of your whole screen) or is it a 75% window like in darkfall?

2) Is it possible to dual-log (run two accounts off the same computer) or is it 1 account restrictive?

3) In all the vids the UI seems rather large (particularly the hotbars) is this something that can be scaled down?

4) Does Xsyon support the use of gaming hardware (G13/15, Merc Series, Naga Razer, etc) and the corresponding macro software? (attended use of course)

5) Is there an actual currency system or is everything done through bartering/trading goods for goods? (would actually think it would be quite interesting to see a lack of set currency)

6) Is it possible to drop items on the ground and then retrieve them, such as creating a woodpile that many players could pull wood from while constructing buildings?

7) Is it possible to be both a combat character and a crafter, or do the skills counter-act each other?

8) Are there items constructable for "city beautification"? You see screenshots what look like makeshift benches/tables(2 rocks with something across the top) are these form of items able to be made for the city?

9) How far, technology wise, will the game advance? Will it ever hit modern day or will there be a cut off?

10) Three pronged questions.

A: It was stated that if a good player killed another good (and I think nuetral) player they will become evil, will the game be able to detect who attacked first to prevent you going evil from killing in self defense?

B: do you become evil upon delivering the death blow or upon attacking? (grey con in darkfall perhaps?)

C: Is there anything to prevent someone from intentionally jumping in front of you to force you to attack them so they can turn you evil like we saw often in darkfall?

I am sorry if any of these questions have been asked and answered elsewhere, I looked around a little but then got tired and lazy.
    Ajax - Chieftain of the Knights of Septoria
    Visit us at http://www.KnightsofSeptoria.com
    Or Join us on Ventrilo - Lead.typefrag.com // 60997 // Xsyon

Re:Some questions for devs and pre-order players

Ajax wrote:
    After having a meeting with a couple hundred Septorians from our community I compiled a list of the 10 ten questions asked by then in respect to Xsyon in hopes someone will be able to answer them.

1) Is there a full screen windowed mode (windowed mode that has a window the size of your whole screen) or is it a 75% window like in darkfall?

Yes

2) Is it possible to dual-log (run two accounts off the same computer) or is it 1 account restrictive?

I think it is possible but obviously your system will suffer cuz of it

3) In all the vids the UI seems rather large (particularly the hotbars) is this something that can be scaled down?

Not right now, but UI changes can always be done.

4) Does Xsyon support the use of gaming hardware (G13/15, Merc Series, Naga Razer, etc) and the corresponding macro software? (attended use of course)

what are these things? :P

5) Is there an actual currency system or is everything done through bartering/trading goods for goods? (would actually think it would be quite interesting to see a lack of set currency)

Pretty sure there is a money system

6) Is it possible to drop items on the ground and then retrieve them, such as creating a woodpile that many players could pull wood from while constructing buildings?

Reources you have gathered, yes. Other things if you drop it will ask if you want ot discard them

7) Is it possible to be both a combat character and a crafter, or do the skills counter-act each other?

Unsure if they counter act. However, because of the soft cap it will not be possible to be completely proficient in either. You could be a fighter with basic crafting skills or a crafter with basic fighting skills.

8) Are there items constructable for "city beautification"? You see screenshots what look like makeshift benches/tables(2 rocks with something across the top) are these form of items able to be made for the city?

I haven't noticed these in the screen shots, but if it is in them then it is creatable.

9) How far, technology wise, will the game advance? Will it ever hit modern day or will there be a cut off?

Theoretically speaking it could hit modern day technology

10) Three pronged questions.

A: It was stated that if a good player killed another good (and I think nuetral) player they will become evil, will the game be able to detect who attacked first to prevent you going evil from killing in self defense?

Unsure

B: do you become evil upon delivering the death blow or upon attacking? (grey con in darkfall perhaps?)

probably neg rep by attacking and evil upon killing, takes multiple kills to become evil though

C: Is there anything to prevent someone from intentionally jumping in front of you to force you to attack them so they can turn you evil like we saw often in darkfall?

Well, since you have to be in combat mode to attack they would need to do so while you are fighting. Assuming this is the case not sure but I would guess not since it isn't possible to detect someones intention of jumping in front of someone to make them evil, however as stated before attacking would only give neg rep.

I am sorry if any of these questions have been asked and answered elsewhere, I looked around a little but then got tired and lazy.

Thanks for the quick response Virtus. Just to clarify on a couple of the questions asked..

what are these things?

They are hardware specifically designed for gaming and items of much controversy between the haves and have nots (have the hardware vs don't have the hardware). For example the Naga Razer mouse is a mouse with 12 programmable thumb buttons that allow for the use of macro creation. For example with the software provided by the mouse it allows me to take thumb button 1 and program it to execute several keystrokes. Such as pressing the number 1 followed by a pause then 2 then pause then 3. Thus executing 3 hotbared commands by the press of 1 button. This does not change/alter any cooldowns so it is nothing that could not be done normally within the bounds of the game it simply limits how many button presses are required to achieve the same effect. There are many gamepads, keyboards and mice that allows for the same, the naga was simply the one I used for my example. Some additional examples are

Razer Mouse
    [img size=200]http://snpi.dell.com/sna/images/products/large/A3113954.JPG[/img]
    Merc Stealth Keyboard
    [img size=200]http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2008/03/ideazon_merc_stealth_keyboard/b01.jpg[/img]
    G13 Gamepad
    [img size=200]http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/12/g13gamepadhand-on.jpg[/img]
    G15 Keyboard
    [img size=200]http://techie-pinoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/logitech-g15-gaming-keyboard.jpg[/img]
    Wolf King Gamepad w/ keyboard
    [img size=200]http://gadgets.boingboing.net/gimages/11-13-07-warrior_xxtreme.jpg[/img]
    Belkin Gamepad
    [img size=200]http://www.mrgadget.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/belkin_n52te_n52_tournament_edition.jpg[/img]

Pretty sure there is a money system

How will this work? One interesting point that a fellow Septorian brought up that typically currency is introduced into games via quest rewards that filter the money into the playerbase through completion of said quests. With there being no NPC quests that reward money how is the currency going to me implemented into the game? The other method thought of for aquiring currency is via humanoid npc kills, it seems that this game focuses more on the hunting part of the game (as in animals) then it does the mindless slaughter of kobolds, orcs and goblins. Are there in fact a large amount of humanoid npc's in the game that will be required grind fests for cash?

Surprising that you are leaving the option to dual boot open. I had hoped that this would be disabled.

Dark Age of Camelot is the first that come's to mind, not that dual boot necessarily ruined the game. It did create a large gap between the average player's and those inclined to pay the additional $15 a month for their second toon.

Ajax have alot of toys.
    [img size=500]http://i42.tinypic.com/15yys69.jpg[/img]

zzro wrote:
    Surprising that you are leaving the option to dual boot open. I had hoped that this would be disabled.

Dark Age of Camelot is the first that come's to mind, not that dual boot necessarily ruined the game. It did create a large gap between the average player's and those inclined to pay the additional $15 a month for their second toon.
    @zzro I agree yet disagree. Many players today actually own and operate multiple systems. Personally I have access to 3 computers all within an arms length of me. which would allow for me to play 3 copies of the game with relative ease. Even games that don't allow dual booting players who really wanna exploit the system will find a way to dual boot. I have yet to ever in 13 years play a game that someone hasn't figured out how to bypass the system to dual boot.

I would just choose not to do it if it was not condoned by the company making the game, While I am a progressive gamer who considers mmorpg's to be a hobby I do follow the rules.

@Largion haha while those pics I just ripped off the interwebz I do personally own 5 gaming mice, 7 gaming keyboards and about a dozen gamepads. Some are old outdated and not used but I hold onto them for collection purposes. Seeing my old x keyboard brings back memories of whatever game I played with it. Personally my current setup is a Merc Stealth Keyboard with a Naga Razer to the right and a Belkin Gamepad to the left. dual monitors which I typically run a copy of the game on the left screen with the forums or clan website up on the right. Gaming is my hobby, I have invested into it lol.

I got a 25$ 5 button mouse and a 30$ keyboard 1 year ago and they work great. :laugh:

I have been playing mmorpgs and shooters for a long time and have never understood why you would need that stuff.

Largion wrote:
    I got a 25$ 5 button mouse and a 30$ keyboard 1 year ago and they work great. :laugh:

I have been playing mmorpgs and shooters for a long time and have never understood why you would need that stuff.
    heh simplicity. I have always hated the Shift + # and ctrl + # as my hands are large and clumsy. tghere are many uses, while they are not needed they simplify the gaming process. I guess I look at it as I can buy a push mower or a riding mower to mow my 1 acre front lawn. I would rather spend the extra cash on the riding mower cause it makes my life easier when performing that activity.

Ajax wrote:
    Largion wrote:

heh simplicity. I have always hated the Shift + # and ctrl + # as my hands are large and clumsy. tghere are many uses, while they are not needed they simplify the gaming process. I guess I look at it as I can buy a push mower or a riding mower to mow my 1 acre front lawn. I would rather spend the extra cash on the riding mower cause it makes my life easier when performing that activity.
    What you do is keep the push mower and pay a kid 15$ to do it. :laugh:

prob no way to stop those items then. No real way to stop bots/macros