Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
First off I like this thread...so don't misunderstand.

I just disagree with this. The veil on stats and how they effect indirect things is good for the game. There might be underlying balance issues (as there will always be regardless), but now that the game is live, I think the testing you're doing now is exactly what should be part of the game ie. trying to figure out how much wood quality effects handles vs the tools used. Just because it says high quality does it mean that all high quality versions are really the same or are there variations within? If it was still beta...as in not launched... I'd say otherwise. I'd also say otherwise if this game was a number game. It's kind of the same reasoning as understanding why you can't see numbers on your health bar and how Fortitude really effects your stamina other then just increasing it. You strike me as a min/maxer, but the current "find out with no numbers" strategy they are using makes it very very hard to min and max. I think that's good (and kind of think it's done on purpose)...especially if the quality labeling is really just the labeling for ranges of values.
I understand what you are saying and for the live server that is fine, and to a degree I agree. I'm not posting 100% of the data I've been collecting here just what is needed for comparision tests with others for the reasons you stated. Your qoute of me from the OP is related to the devs saying they wish for players to test upcoming patches on the test server especially the upcoming combat changes. Players can not do that properly without tools inplace for them to make real and accurate tests. I saw that you posted in the thread I mean so I'll leave this at that and we can discuss that further in that thread if you wish. This was not a dis on you or your opinion and I'm always down for real discussion.

On the topic at hand what do you think of skill level completely overriding the mats being used and being the only real factor involved in determining the resulting quality levels of crafted products as I asked in the post right above you?