Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1

    Get rid of "found by" and "crafted by"

    Those are not needed information that noly confuse the hell out of the system as it adds another layer to each object next to quality. We don't need "found by" we only need to know what is the quaity of the object. And when stacking two objects found by different people of the same quality that field is then empty (so useless).

    Think about it, get rid of it.

  2. #2
    So long as you can stack items by various crafters/finders like you can atm I have no problem with leaving that info on. Down the line when the population improves and equipment starts trading hands regularly through looting the "crafted by" tag allows crafters to make a name for themselves. People may loot an item and see its top of the line and also know who made it so they PM that person to get some made themselves.

    Even if you dont agree with the above, it doesn't hurt anything to leave it on cause like you said it still stacks with stuff made/found by others so its not actually effecting gameplay in any negative way.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Those are not needed information that noly confuse the hell out of the system as it adds another layer to each object next to quality. We don't need "found by" we only need to know what is the quaity of the object. And when stacking two objects found by different people of the same quality that field is then empty (so useless).

    Think about it, get rid of it.
    I actually find it EXTREMELY useful, to see who is being useful in tribe.

    Gathered by and crafted by let me know who's being active. Plus it lets me know who can do what skills.
    Audacius

    [B]

  4. #4
    I myself like it also. I see no reason to remove it, unless its going to cause extra lag or crash the server etc.

    If its working, great.

    I would like to see a better display over tooltips though. Just the text looks really bad, I would like to see it looking a bit better.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ocoma View Post
    allows crafters to make a name for themselves

    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I myself like it also. I see no reason to remove it, unless its going to cause extra lag or crash the server etc.

    If its working, great.

    I would like to see a better display over tooltips though. Just the text looks really bad, I would like to see it looking a bit better.
    This

    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    I actually find it EXTREMELY useful, to see who is being useful in tribe.

    Gathered by and crafted by let me know who's being active. Plus it lets me know who can do what skills.
    This is a good point as well.

    I hope later, When the game starts going good. We will start to see that there are some gathers that always seem to only sell high quaity mates for the crafters of xsyon. For a crafter to become great, They have to start with high quaity materials.

    Lag or no lag, I say keep the name tag.

    John Wooden ~ Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character.
    Benjamin Spock ~ Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.

  6. #6
    So long as it doesn't impede stacking the only drawback is that a ganker is going to have to find another similar item to stack to fence loot in some cases. I can live with that.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by shava View Post
    So long as it doesn't impede stacking the only drawback is that a ganker is going to have to find another similar item to stack to fence loot in some cases. I can live with that.
    Ya thats pretty cool for both the ganker and the people buying off the ganker.

    I know (as kinda a PVPer) that going through my loots to see who it is, is pretty cool.
    Also Im sure the crafters or buyers would like to know who crafted it to either 1)Buy more, or 2)Making sure it wasnt a *hot* item.

    Nothing better than selling back items to the player that made them for a ganker =P
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  8. #8
    Yeah it could be more fuel for trade...

    It'd be legit to get a random /w or visit at your residence that's like "Hey man I found some armor that you made. Can you make this for my small band of misfits? We'll protect your ass-ets..."
    This is the same as if you can learn skills from other people in the far future.

  9. #9
    Xsyon Citizen
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    48
    no way should the tooltips be removed. the "crafted by" and "found by" really adds to the game. points as to why has already been mentioned

  10. #10
    i also like whoever mentioned that it can be used to see if you truly killed someone or not :P

    I think they should add a "looted from" hehe
    Audacius

    [B]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •