Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
what it also involves is tedious over instant gratification.

Compare limestone walls to wooden walls basically 6 logs and nails to 80 bricks and 20 mortar. The wooden wall takes very little time to make or collect the resources if they are close. Bricks and mortar are very easy to collect but take much more time.

Folks naturally went with what is the easiest and fastest.

Make cutting a tree as time consuming to make as say 80 bricks and 20 mortar and They will opt for the limestone since it is much more plentiful and easy to get.

By making adjustments to durability and quality, woodworkers now have to basically log all day to get high enough skills to make high quality handles for tools and weapons. It may seem like a step in the right direction, but it increases the clear cutting issue even more.

it has been very few players leveling logging by clear cutting.. it will now be most all those doing woodworking so they can make high/very high quality handles.

Kinda a 2 steps forward 1 step back sort of thing. Re-spawning the trees is welcome relief, but we REALLY need to be able to grow them .. and not take a year to have a tree be useful.

I agree with this 100%.
Most of the problem isnt how fast people can cut trees, its that they don't grow back or re-spawn. But also the fast cutting of trees is still going to be a problem, its way too fast even after they grow back it will be too fast.

I tried to tell people this before the decay patch, and people were just thinking I was some type of griefer. But now some of the same people calling me a griefer before, are now saying how they will have to clear cut trees also.

Anyways, Book, your system supports my high skills, why would I disagree with that system when it would benefit me greatly to slow people way down on leveling a skill Im one of the very few that have very high right now?
My system not only makes skilling slightly faster, but it will also help the trees stay around over all.

Anyways, I guess we will see once the re-spawn takes place and growth/planting are in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
what it also involves is tedious over instant gratification.

Compare limestone walls to wooden walls basically 6 logs and nails to 80 bricks and 20 mortar. The wooden wall takes very little time to make or collect the resources if they are close. Bricks and mortar are very easy to collect but take much more time.

Folks naturally went with what is the easiest and fastest.

Make cutting a tree as time consuming to make as say 80 bricks and 20 mortar and They will opt for the limestone since it is much more plentiful and easy to get.

By making adjustments to durability and quality, woodworkers now have to basically log all day to get high enough skills to make high quality handles for tools and weapons. It may seem like a step in the right direction, but it increases the clear cutting issue even more.

it has been very few players leveling logging by clear cutting.. it will now be most all those doing woodworking so they can make high/very high quality handles.

Kinda a 2 steps forward 1 step back sort of thing. Re-spawning the trees is welcome relief, but we REALLY need to be able to grow them .. and not take a year to have a tree be useful.

I agree with this 100%.
Most of the problem isnt how fast people can cut trees, its that they don't grow back or re-spawn. But also the fast cutting of trees is still going to be a problem, its way too fast even after they grow back it will be too fast.

I tried to tell people this before the decay patch, and people were just thinking I was some type of griefer. But now some of the same people calling me a griefer before, are now saying how they will have to clear cut trees also.

Anyways, Book, your system supports my high skills, why would I disagree with that system when it would benefit me greatly to slow people way down on leveling a skill Im one of the very few that have very high right now?
My system not only makes skilling slightly faster, but it will also help the trees stay around over all.

Anyways, I guess we will see once the re-spawn takes place and growth/planting are in.