Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Azhul_NS View Post
    1 - what's wrong with taking a few months to max out your logging?

2 - you still have your level up skill points to spend as you please, so you can focus train a particular skill.

I don't consider grinding a skill 'playing'. It is work, not play. Do something in-game that is FUN. If there is anything, and if there isn't why log in at all?

Alone, it is not enough.

Of course not. I HATE grind in MMOs. I like FUN.

I agree training skills should be fun, but how does limiting how much you can train make it more fun? Im not seeing the connection. If anything I would train my 3 to 5 skills, and log off for the day.
    Making progress to me is a major part of the fun.

I 100% agree with you that it should take a while to level up a skill, its already taken me a month to max out logging. Thats at the current speed. I would hate to see your way, I have to spend 5 to 20mins running everyday just to get back to a place where I can skill up on a tree again, or running back home after I got my 1 skill point haha. I couldnt even begin to think how bad I would log off for the day like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Perefim View Post
    I will say this in the kindest way possible... You are an idiot. I would go into a long drawn out and detailed debate to the huge flaws with your idea, but they are so obvious there is no need to discuss it further.
    I don't think you tried very hard. I refrain from calling people idiots all the time.

If you think you have valid points, let's see them.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I agree training skills should be fun, but how does limiting how much you can train make it more fun? Im not seeing the connection. If anything I would train my 3 to 5 skills, and log off for the day.
    Making progress to me is a major part of the fun.

I 100% agree with you that it should take a while to level up a skill, its already taken me a month to max out logging. Thats at the current speed. I would hate to see your way, I have to spend 5 to 20mins running everyday just to get back to a place where I can skill up on a tree again, or running back home after I got my 1 skill point haha. I couldnt even begin to think how bad I would log off for the day like that.
    That's only because there is nothing FUN in the game. You point to your skill ups as accomplishment, but that's not fun. You get paid for a job. That doesn't make it fun.

Now that you have maxed out your logging, what are you grinding?

What if the grove of trees was guarded by a family of bears? What if you had to get a few friends together to go kill the bears before you could harvest the trees? Wouldn't that be a lot more fun?

Added after 24 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post

Im not a fan of the reward system for passing up a bear or something, but I think over time people will need to fight off them because they will be attacking your towns =P
    Now, THAT would be FUN!

Added after 5 minutes:

There is virtually no GAME in Xsyon right now. Except for combat, tt's all grind. There is no skill in it. No accomplishment beyond staying awake while mouse-clicking.

I want every skill to be a minigame. Let logging require some skill from the PLAYER. Do it wrong, and you damage your axe. Do it right, and you get better/more wood, or a better chanceat a skill up.

There is virtually no GAME in Xsyon right now. Except for combat, tt's all grind. There is no skill in it. No accomplishment beyond staying awake while mouse-clicking.

I want every skill to be a minigame. Let logging require some skill from the PLAYER. Do it wrong, and you damage your axe. Do it right, and you get better/more wood, or a better chanceat a skill up.