Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1

    Tools of the trade ?

    So what if I wanted to tame a cow or horse ?


    What if I had a woodworker / carpenter build me a wagon ?


    What if I could get my cow / horse to pull my wagon ?


    I could cut wood, load it in the wagon, bring it to town and sell it right?

    This wagon thing could be really cool.

    What are your thoughts ??

  2. #2
    Xsyon Citizen Kitsume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    423

    Re:Tools of the trade ?

    I'm curious too.

    Also can we use anything we can hold as weapon? Everything from rocks, dead fish, logs, sticks, flaming torches, rope, an old steering wheel, or an anvil? Throw any item in combat?

    Or is armed combat limited to just designated weapons?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Perception is reality

  3. #3

    Re:Tools of the trade ?

    Kitsume wrote:
    I'm curious too.

    Also can we use anything we can hold as weapon? Everything from rocks, dead fish, logs, sticks, flaming torches, rope, an old steering wheel, or an anvil? Throw any item in combat?

    Or is armed combat limited to just designated weapons?
    On the DF forums someone said they heard in Xsyon vent that a player chopped down a tree and dual-wielded logs. No idea if he was serious or not.

  4. #4
    Xsyon Citizen Kitsume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    423

    Re:Tools of the trade ?

    JCatano wrote:
    Kitsume wrote:
    I'm curious too.

    Also can we use anything we can hold as weapon? Everything from rocks, dead fish, logs, sticks, flaming torches, rope, an old steering wheel, or an anvil? Throw any item in combat?

    Or is armed combat limited to just designated weapons?
    On the DF forums someone said they heard in Xsyon vent that a player chopped down a tree and dual-wielded logs. No idea if he was serious or not.
    Apparently it happened but was a bug. Only the player with the trees could see them anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Perception is reality

  5. #5

    Re:Tools of the trade ?

    Kitsume wrote:
    JCatano wrote:
    Kitsume wrote:
    I'm curious too.

    Also can we use anything we can hold as weapon? Everything from rocks, dead fish, logs, sticks, flaming torches, rope, an old steering wheel, or an anvil? Throw any item in combat?

    Or is armed combat limited to just designated weapons?
    On the DF forums someone said they heard in Xsyon vent that a player chopped down a tree and dual-wielded logs. No idea if he was serious or not.
    Apparently it happened but was a bug. Only the player with the trees could see them anyway.
    Ah ok. Dual-wielding logs sounds a bit silly, anyway.

  6. #6
    Xsyon Citizen Kitsume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    423

    Re:Tools of the trade ?

    Oh it wasn't logs it was whole trees.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Perception is reality

  7. #7

    Re:Tools of the trade ?

    Kitsume wrote:
    Oh it wasn't logs it was whole trees.
    Well in that case... Keep it in!

  8. #8

    Re:Tools of the trade ?

    Wow I made a valid suggestion and it turned into "yea man... leave in the tree boxing gloves"

  9. #9

    Re:Tools of the trade ?

    tredo wrote:
    So what if I wanted to tame a cow or horse ?
    Sounds good. Its on the features list.

    What if I had a woodworker / carpenter build me a wagon ?
    Sounds good. (I heard carts are going to be in later)

    What if I could get my cow / horse to pull my wagon ?
    Sounds like a good idea. (I heard it will be in later)

    I could cut wood, load it in the wagon, bring it to town and sell it right?
    Sounds good. (I heard its going to be in later)
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  10. #10

    Re:Tools of the trade ?

    JCatano wrote:
    Kitsume wrote:
    JCatano wrote:
    Kitsume wrote:
    I'm curious too.

    Also can we use anything we can hold as weapon? Everything from rocks, dead fish, logs, sticks, flaming torches, rope, an old steering wheel, or an anvil? Throw any item in combat?

    Or is armed combat limited to just designated weapons?
    On the DF forums someone said they heard in Xsyon vent that a player chopped down a tree and dual-wielded logs. No idea if he was serious or not.
    Apparently it happened but was a bug. Only the player with the trees could see them anyway.
    Ah ok. Dual-wielding logs sounds a bit silly, anyway.
    Bug, has been fixed.

    Kit also only weapons should be working as weapons. Some might not seem as weapons but they are.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


Similar Threads

  1. Crafting blurb
    By zzro in forum Prelude Talk - General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-22-2011, 02:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •