Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    yes, Apache has already tested this multiple times with Leather/Cloth/Bone armor, with multiple weapons of varying qualities. you levels and armor are dependant on your skills.
    Player A has the Same Stat as player B EXCEPT player A is also a Master Bone crafter, player A takes less damage with same armor.
    Isn't strength related to bone crafting?

What I'm thinking is... would kind of make sense that a heavier armor set would be more effective for someone with higher strength.

For example, if I'm more focused on dodging and on the weaker side, maybe cloth armor should be more effective for me than bone armor.

Wouldn't it hurt trade if someone had to be a high level crafter of a particular armor for it to be more effective? What about a mason/logger with high strength but little armor crafting experience... would bone armor be effective for them too?

Update after detailed tests:

At first armor offered no protection to my friend. 5 hits to die with or without. Then he raised his dodge from 5 to 10 and suddenly he got 8 hits. Then he put 2 more and he went to 9. But this is where it ended, he skilled a bit more and raised his dodge to 17 and no effect was noticed, still at 9 hits. I raised my dodge from 10 to 20 with no effect, it still takes me 12 hits to die (pre-order axe).

Cofusing, but I'm not sure what kind of code if behind it. One is certain, armors offer extra protection but different protection level to different players. Maybe overall player level makes sense or maybe it is dex or agility related. I don't have time to test any more today so I hope some of you will give it a try.

negative, Characters gain HP when leveling, confirmed by the devs...
    You mean everytime the skill bar goes up we gain HP????

DEVS YOU NEED TO TELL US THIS. That one is damn near impossible to figure out in game alone. Unless it took 6 hits before you leveled up and 7 hits after...to kill you. That's the only way to test it

Sounds to me like adding points into a skill (in this case dodge) updated the toon so that it saw the armor correctly.
    Then its likely on the border of 8 to 9 hits. So you put 2 more points into dodge and saw a 9 hit instead of 8. Not doing tests fully, you wont know.

Im 100% sure armor is effected by more than just the armor. You have many parts into the whole there.

If it were leveling up only. Then when he went to level up and put 17 into dodge it would have yielded more reward from the armor.

Sounds to me like there was some type of bug where it didnt update the armor, armor was updated at some point, and then is working.

Health from leveling... seems like a big enough thing that they would have.. you know, mentioned.. at some point. I'm skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    Health from leveling... seems like a big enough thing that they would have.. you know, mentioned.. at some point. I'm skeptical.
    I thought I saw it somewhere, but Im not sure if it was a dev talking about it or not.

Ive not tested it fully, I know other factors are in the game that relate to skills/stats but Im not sure about the exp = levels = HP.
    I think people might be seeing a secondary effect of skills, and thinking it = HP.

Well this is exactly what I also thought, secret HP increase when you level. I am very far out regarding levels compared to my friend. Why don't we poke some devs to tell us? It's not game breaking to know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Well this is exactly what I also thought, secret HP increase when you level. I am very far out regarding levels compared to my friend. Why don't we poke some devs to tell us? It's not game breaking to know that.
    Yes like i said a couple of posts back. also its not really secret its more like you just can't tell because theres no numbers on the hp bars.

Yes like i said a couple of posts back. also its not really secret its more like you just can't tell because theres no numbers on the hp bars.
    Yeah I'd like to see numbers added...at least between ourselves, tribe members and friends. Others exact HP won't be able to be seen.

negative, Characters gain HP when leveling, confirmed by the devs...
    where was this confirmed, and by whom ?