Tribe quests and rewards..and loyalty points

I was thinking it would be cool if there was a system where we could set quests up and choose the reward to be a certain amount of "Loyalty points"

Then maybe there could be a section where Loyalty points can be traded in for goods of course also set by the leaders of the tribe.

example, 10 fish costs = 1 loyalty point

1 human head = 10 loyalty points

I think this would be a better reward system personally. That way, they can do any quest and receive any reward...the award they choose.

Of course we could also keep the option for normal quest rewards as well. But loyalty points would really help to see who is well...being loyal. as well as the reward system being better

thoughts? thank you

I would love to see a system like this.

Tribes can even have their own money system uses this. Like maybe a self set guide of the prices they want. They can use "reward points" or maybe they can use "dollars" or "bottle caps" Really cool idea.

Would need a system with options for a lot of items.

Ah yeah they could just build this into the tribe currency. But, the tribe currency would have to be something fiat. Something only the quest creators can create more of out of nothing. Or those with the power to issue currency anyway.

It couldn't be something like bottle caps or dollars and have this system still work.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    Ah yeah they could just build this into the tribe currency. But, the tribe currency would have to be something fiat. Something only the quest creators can create more of out of nothing. Or those with the power to issue currency anyway.

It couldn't be something like bottle caps or dollars and have this system still work.
    Not if the tribal leaders put the resources into the totem, then people would put in a head and get those items out.

Say like say the tribal leaders put in 10k dollars.
    Then set the prices for a human head, or a piece of cloth. (5k and 1)
    If someone put in 1 head, and 1000 cloth. They would get 6k back in dollars, and only 4k would be left on the totem.

I dont see the problem with the system working at all.
    They could also make it so that tribe members are rewarded with nothing more than a fake system, like DKP, or reward points, or loyalty points. These would only be tracked through the tribe tab, and could be removed or awarded based on the tribe leaders.

Then allow also a system where tribe leaders can set up "reward shops" where they price items based on DKP or reward points etc. They would stock these "reward shops" with the items (however they would get them) and tribe members could buy them with points they have.

Same system, only slightly different than using dollars or bottlecaps.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Not if the tribal leaders put the resources into the totem, then people would put in a head and get those items out.

Say like say the tribal leaders put in 10k dollars.
    Then set the prices for a human head, or a piece of cloth. (5k and 1)
    If someone put in 1 head, and 1000 cloth. They would get 6k back in dollars, and only 4k would be left on the totem.

I dont see the problem with the system working at all.
    They could also make it so that tribe members are rewarded with nothing more than a fake system, like DKP, or reward points, or loyalty points. These would only be tracked through the tribe tab, and could be removed or awarded based on the tribe leaders.

Then allow also a system where tribe leaders can set up "reward shops" where they price items based on DKP or reward points etc. They would stock these "reward shops" with the items (however they would get them) and tribe members could buy them with points they have.

Same system, only slightly different than using dollars or bottlecaps.
    Well yeah that was my point. The leaders would have to go out and scavenge these bottle caps or whatever it may be so it would really just be creating more work for them. A fake fiat system would be better. The reward and hard work put in from the leaders is what they had to skin or craft or fish or whatever it is that they then put for sale to the rest of the tribe. The points or currency is what allows many more options when it comes to rewards via a reward shop. I just don't want the currency they use to be anything they can find or create themselves. Bottle caps wouldn't work because tribe members could find extra ones and purchase more rewards.

The point is the leaders are still giving their wealth to the tribe in return for completed quests. The reward the quest creator is giving up should be the effort the creator put in or wealth traded for tribe members efforts. To make the quest creator use additional effort (scavening for bottle caps) would just get annoying and we wouldn't use the system.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    Well yeah that was my point. The leaders would have to go out and scavenge these bottle caps or whatever it may be so it would really just be creating more work for them. A fake fiat system would be better. The reward and hard work put in from the leaders is what they had to skin or craft or fish or whatever it is that they then put for sale to the rest of the tribe. The points or currency is what allows many more options when it comes to rewards via a reward shop. I just don't want the currency they use to be anything they can find or create themselves. Bottle caps wouldn't work because tribe members could find extra ones and purchase more rewards.

The point is the leaders are still giving their wealth to the tribe in return for completed quests. The reward the quest creator is giving up should be the effort the creator put in or wealth traded for tribe members efforts. To make the quest creator use additional effort (scavening for bottle caps) would just get annoying and we wouldn't use the system.
    Any of the systems would work, BUT if they do use real items in the game it would need to be collected and not just magically given. Else a leader could set a piece of cloth for 1000000000000 bottle caps and now go get 1 cloth and get that my bottle caps. However, if they made it so the totem had to have that many bottle caps first, then it would be 100% ok.

I think the system should be a choice of many items, items that are from in game, and a DKP/Reward point system. This will allow for trader towns to use say like dollars, and a tribe maybe that doesnt deal with others use DKP.

Also you think that the leaders would have to go out and get these dollars/bottle caps etc but really they could offer something for them also. Which would create the money system having a worth. They could use anything really, they could use sand for all I care. Its easy to make something worth something if you give them the tools to use it correctly.