Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1

    Drop All Items Upon Death

    As the title says...it would fix the practice of just committing suicide to get home with huge loads of stuff.

    I commend the player base on creativity, but it's kinda sad that this is the accepted way of conducting large trades at the moment (due to the lack of any better option).

    Like in DF, VG (old school), etc...everything hits the ground when you die...can be recovered by you (or the individual that killed you) and everyone else after a certain period of time.

    Thanks for listening!

  2. #2
    Would certainly help make transportation a bit more realistic, though I'm not entirely sure what the current set-up is hurting... ?

    Is it the notion of suicide that is troubling? Removes chances for ambush on way home? Makes the world seem smaller since you can trade very heavy items from far away without too much trouble?

    I think for this to be implemented while bags still remain private on the ground would cause a bit of an uproar. Seems like it would kind of automate the process of dropping bags upon death and making them inaccessible... I don't like robbing or being robbed, but for those that do, there might be a few things to iron out.

    I'd be cool with everything staying on location, for things to be auto-public on death... but I'd kinda want to see locks and boobytraps at the same time. Just to keep things balanced out a bit.

  3. #3
    I don't think it's really hurting anything now other than the things you listed...and it's probably necessary to facilitate larger trades until something else is done...it's completely unrealistic to expect players to tote 1000 bricks back and forth across two zones 80 at a time in their backpack, so I suppose it's (at this time) a necessary evil.

    I would like to see it change in the future though and I would certainly like to see the packs/bags/loot all go auto-public (perhaps after a set period of time during which it's only available to the owner and, if applicable, the killer).

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    I don't think it's really hurting anything now other than the things you listed...and it's probably necessary to facilitate larger trades until something else is done...it's completely unrealistic to expect players to tote 1000 bricks back and forth across two zones 80 at a time in their backpack, so I suppose it's (at this time) a necessary evil.

    I would like to see it change in the future though and I would certainly like to see the packs/bags/loot all go auto-public (perhaps after a set period of time during which it's only available to the owner and, if applicable, the killer).
    I think they have pack animals in mind, and were going to consider things like carts (someone reinvent the wheel already...)

    Maybe I should start another thread about the locks and boobytraps thing but I really think that should be part of any auto-public change. I'm just not keen on the idea of making pvp too easy a procurement tool. Fight because there is a reason to fight, not because someone doesn't want to trade/craft.

  5. #5
    I agree the system with dying and bringing all the goods with you is bad. Ive posted this many times before.

    They need carts, and wagons, and pack mules etc to load up and move items. Dying to export all these heavy items is not how the game should be done.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  6. #6
    once they put in death penalties, this should fix the problem.

    I like that this game is trying to do things different from all other ffa games- there's a reason why ffa pvp games are mostly vacant, so it's about time they try something new.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    once they put in death penalties, this should fix the problem.

    I like that this game is trying to do things different from all other ffa games- there's a reason why ffa pvp games are mostly vacant, so it's about time they try something new.
    Huh? What are you talking about?
    Lineage 2 is one of the most popular games on the market for years and years.
    So are a crack ton of other games.
    Heck even one of the best known games UO had/has FFA PVP, its still going strong.

    Death penalties wont fix this problem because its too easy to die and export goods, if death penalties are TOOO bad then people will just use alts and then also be really pissed about death setting them to far back in the game. Dont you agree?

    Why not have drop everything on death? Whats your reasoning of not having that?
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  8. #8
    There is no full loot in Lineage 2, and people don't drop all of their stuffs on death (if they are not chaotic(red) they don't drop anything, being chaotic gives some CHANCE to drop some items.)

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    once they put in death penalties, this should fix the problem.

    I like that this game is trying to do things different from all other ffa games- there's a reason why ffa pvp games are mostly vacant, so it's about time they try something new.
    IMHO...making death a convenience...an odd way to innovate I think...

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    There is no full loot in Lineage 2, and people don't drop all of their stuffs on death (if they are not chaotic(red) they don't drop anything, being chaotic gives some CHANCE to drop some items.)
    He didnt say full loot.
    Also you do drop items while white, its a chance. Just FYI.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •