Question on Roads - Developer response if possible

Hi Everyone,

I have a pre-order in and have been closely following the forums and the videos, however, I am not sure if anyone has asked the following on the implementation of roads and I would appreciate a response.

I have read that terraforming will only be available within the confines of a Tribe controlled territory.

If making a road is considered a terraforming activity then the above implies that you can only make roads within a Tribe controlled territory. Can one of the developers please clarify if this is the case.

Secondly, when making a road will a resource(s) be required when terraforming i.e. I would have thought like Wurm Online implementation you would have been required to have at least had some gravel or a brick in your inventory to allow you to pave the road you are making. Can the developers please clarify how this will be implemented.

Thanks in advance and I am very impressed with what I have seen so far.

Regards

Terak

Re:Question on Roads - Developer response if possible

I imagine (Purely through common sense) that you'll be able to make roads between places and it shouldn't be such a problem in terms of makeing the country side look horrible as roads decay and can be destroyed.
    About materials being needed: In the videos I have seen it doesn't look like anyhting is needed at the moment but I put this down to having the need for materials switched off for the time being in order to test the terraforming.
    Brum, brum.

I see we have our first crafting video where twine is made from grass so if crafting involves that level of detail then I am sure roads will requires stones, etc.

Leader of Ancient Embers at ancientembers.net

Right now, since tribes are not activated you can road build anywhere you like. When tribes are operating, you'll only be able to road build within your area as it is terraforming.

It also does not require any items. Although it should, and may very well require them in the future.

Wrekkoning wrote:
    Right now, since tribes are not activated you can road build anywhere you like. When tribes are operating, you'll only be able to road build within your area as it is terraforming.

It also does not require any items. Although it should, and may very well require them in the future.
    Jooky said the type of road currently creatable will require stones later.

There are a lot of old roads leading in every which direction which a tribe could connect their road to.

Re:Question on Roads - Developer response if possi

Virtus wrote:
    There are a lot of old roads leading in every which direction which a tribe could connect their road to.
    I am so happy to hear this!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Perception is reality