What I think would bring people in.
1. Add carts/wagons to the game (make them very slow).
2. New zones with rare resources only obtainable there (that you canít stick a totem over).
3. Add zombie camps that are raidable and that can raid cities. These camps should random respawn somewhere else and totems should not be allowed near them. Also, the zombies will be tough but also have rare resources.
4. Add mining and metal working to the game
5. Full combat revamp
6. Make the alignment system work and meaningful, but also provide rewards specific to those who choose a path and live it.
7. Add penalties to those who want to destroy everything in-game. (So you want to create your own natural disaster? Fine, you can do it but youíll find the further you progress with it, the rougher things will get on you). Meaning you will wear down faster and stats decay (for a certain amount of time of course). So if u want to destroy then go ahead but accept being a easy target while doing it. :-)
8. Change logging; completely revamp it and make it take 5-10 minutes to chop a tree and 20 to make logs. Also, change the skill cap to 10, but increase the experience gained by logging by 600%
9. Totem Decay! Once the leader goes inactive the totem begins to melt down and kicks the members until it lands on an active one, thus allowing them to continue living there.
10. Add a set currency in-game. Donít make it to where one tribe can be the richest of all or one be the poorest but set a balance out for it. For example, say 2k cash will spawn per week or something like that.
11. Keep safe zones in the areas they are in. But set up 5 zones for nothing but pure pvp warfare. If you stick your totem in these areas you wonít get a safe zone and everything is attackable. These areas may yield the higher end rare resources to help encourage war.
12. Shields and bows- This would certainly add a bit of fun in-game, especially for those of us that are snipers at heart!
13. Boats on the lake and rivers (small enough to transport stuff). I think this with cart would make a great addition to the game.
14. Locked skills. Meaning you can only master 2-3 but only make mid-level stuff with the rest. Force trade. (Letís face it; with this setup everyone will need something). And turn skill decay on
15. Setup trade routes for the carts and boats and only allow them to work on roads that connect to these trade routes. (to encourage pvp protection and pvp ambushs).
16. Architecture, Iíve noticed this game almost lives around city making so make it meaningful (allow us to make furniture and decorations and all the fun stuff that makes a home a home). Allow us to make a real house. This would be great for homesteaders! (for bigger tribes u can also make watchtowers, archways, and things to make you dungeon of doom resemble it).
17. Add a timer to totems- yes there is a 6 hour timer atm, but itís still too easily abused. Once you use up the one free totem move if you pull it again you must wait 30 days (but make sure the totem as the upgrade options to keep upgrading them are they grow of course).
18. Allow us to make mini shops near homestead or tribe areas. Now this wonít be big and can get raided, but it would go a long way with helping the game on starting some form of economy.
19. Fix the clients coding, atm its a resource hog and definitely needs looked at (however you are on the right track but it just isnít there yet).
20. Fix the stat system so you can gain stats back as fast as you lose them. (atm it takes forever to raise them).
21. Add mutated animals. These animals will be ugly and very tough and you wonít be able to solo a good bit of them or if you do it should take a lot of strategy.
22. Add an online/offline and last online (date and time) function to the tribeís totem. (would love to know exactly who is fully active)
23. Add a trial to this game or try to add incentives to buying it to gain new players (make it so it is one of those deals thatís too good to pass up)
24. For all new players there will be a 48 hour timer upon character creation. They cannot attack players nor be attacked. (this will allow them to learn the game and explore a bit instead of getting tossed out on their own and killed by some douche).
25. Allow custom items. Meaning you can make something from thinking it up but has to fit in line with stuff in-game. (also would apply to architecture and anything crafting related) That would give all crafters some pride at what they already enjoy doing.
26. Allow baskets to have a destroy functions and add a dismantle button to the ranks list. (yes it is annoying when this happens in isbaba teepees).
27. Rewards for being a pvper. Give the pvpers a reward for so many kills they gain. This also can apply to hunters and pve players. Give people rewards for sticking to their ways.
28. I hate to say it, but the game needs global chat back. This time allow it to have an off function for those who donít care to see it. (Or you could just make a trade channel).
29. The chat box. Itís lovely and all but add tabs to it and only in those tabs you can see what is said. Have it make a sound when you get a message but also allow that sound to be turned off (for those who chose it).
30. Terraforming granite and mountains. Definitely should be allowed, but only with a pick axe and tools for mining. (Letís face it; some players prefer to live it up caveman style) and would definitely be neat to see.
These are the ideas on what i think would bring a lot of people back in-game and then some. I know the pvpers wonít like any of it and shoot it down, but Iím thinking of the community as a whole; not just one side, but both. This is stuff that would make this game more fun and meaningful IN MY OPINION. Please no flaming. Discuss it and be civil. We all deserve to get our own ideas heard. (This is a MMORPG after all; not everyone will have the same opinion).