What i think would bring people in.

What I think would bring people in.

1. Add carts/wagons to the game (make them very slow).

2. New zones with rare resources only obtainable there (that you can’t stick a totem over).

3. Add zombie camps that are raidable and that can raid cities. These camps should random respawn somewhere else and totems should not be allowed near them. Also, the zombies will be tough but also have rare resources.

4. Add mining and metal working to the game

5. Full combat revamp

6. Make the alignment system work and meaningful, but also provide rewards specific to those who choose a path and live it.

7. Add penalties to those who want to destroy everything in-game. (So you want to create your own natural disaster? Fine, you can do it but you’ll find the further you progress with it, the rougher things will get on you). Meaning you will wear down faster and stats decay (for a certain amount of time of course). So if u want to destroy then go ahead but accept being a easy target while doing it. :-)

8. Change logging; completely revamp it and make it take 5-10 minutes to chop a tree and 20 to make logs. Also, change the skill cap to 10, but increase the experience gained by logging by 600%

9. Totem Decay! Once the leader goes inactive the totem begins to melt down and kicks the members until it lands on an active one, thus allowing them to continue living there.

10. Add a set currency in-game. Don’t make it to where one tribe can be the richest of all or one be the poorest but set a balance out for it. For example, say 2k cash will spawn per week or something like that.

11. Keep safe zones in the areas they are in. But set up 5 zones for nothing but pure pvp warfare. If you stick your totem in these areas you won’t get a safe zone and everything is attackable. These areas may yield the higher end rare resources to help encourage war.

12. Shields and bows- This would certainly add a bit of fun in-game, especially for those of us that are snipers at heart!

13. Boats on the lake and rivers (small enough to transport stuff). I think this with cart would make a great addition to the game.

14. Locked skills. Meaning you can only master 2-3 but only make mid-level stuff with the rest. Force trade. (Let’s face it; with this setup everyone will need something). And turn skill decay on

15. Setup trade routes for the carts and boats and only allow them to work on roads that connect to these trade routes. (to encourage pvp protection and pvp ambushs).

16. Architecture, I’ve noticed this game almost lives around city making so make it meaningful (allow us to make furniture and decorations and all the fun stuff that makes a home a home). Allow us to make a real house. This would be great for homesteaders! (for bigger tribes u can also make watchtowers, archways, and things to make you dungeon of doom resemble it).

17. Add a timer to totems- yes there is a 6 hour timer atm, but it’s still too easily abused. Once you use up the one free totem move if you pull it again you must wait 30 days (but make sure the totem as the upgrade options to keep upgrading them are they grow of course).

18. Allow us to make mini shops near homestead or tribe areas. Now this won’t be big and can get raided, but it would go a long way with helping the game on starting some form of economy.

19. Fix the clients coding, atm its a resource hog and definitely needs looked at (however you are on the right track but it just isn’t there yet).

20. Fix the stat system so you can gain stats back as fast as you lose them. (atm it takes forever to raise them).

21. Add mutated animals. These animals will be ugly and very tough and you won’t be able to solo a good bit of them or if you do it should take a lot of strategy.

22. Add an online/offline and last online (date and time) function to the tribe’s totem. (would love to know exactly who is fully active)

23. Add a trial to this game or try to add incentives to buying it to gain new players (make it so it is one of those deals that’s too good to pass up)

24. For all new players there will be a 48 hour timer upon character creation. They cannot attack players nor be attacked. (this will allow them to learn the game and explore a bit instead of getting tossed out on their own and killed by some douche).

25. Allow custom items. Meaning you can make something from thinking it up but has to fit in line with stuff in-game. (also would apply to architecture and anything crafting related) That would give all crafters some pride at what they already enjoy doing.

26. Allow baskets to have a destroy functions and add a dismantle button to the ranks list. (yes it is annoying when this happens in isbaba teepees).

27. Rewards for being a pvper. Give the pvpers a reward for so many kills they gain. This also can apply to hunters and pve players. Give people rewards for sticking to their ways.

28. I hate to say it, but the game needs global chat back. This time allow it to have an off function for those who don’t care to see it. (Or you could just make a trade channel).

29. The chat box. It’s lovely and all but add tabs to it and only in those tabs you can see what is said. Have it make a sound when you get a message but also allow that sound to be turned off (for those who chose it).

30. Terraforming granite and mountains. Definitely should be allowed, but only with a pick axe and tools for mining. (Let’s face it; some players prefer to live it up caveman style) and would definitely be neat to see.

These are the ideas on what i think would bring a lot of people back in-game and then some. I know the pvpers won’t like any of it and shoot it down, but I’m thinking of the community as a whole; not just one side, but both. This is stuff that would make this game more fun and meaningful IN MY OPINION. Please no flaming. Discuss it and be civil. We all deserve to get our own ideas heard. (This is a MMORPG after all; not everyone will have the same opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post
    1. Add carts/wagons to the game (make them very slow)Yep
    2. New zones with rare resources only obtainable their (that you cant stick a totel over)Yep, I would also like to put that you cant put a "safe" totem "near"
    3. Add zombie camps that are raidable and that can raid cities. these camps should random respawn somewhere else and No totem and be placed anywhere near them, also the zombies will be tough but also have rare resources their. Sounds like a good idea.
    4. add mining and metal working to the game Sounds good.
    5. Full combat revamp Yep
    6. make the alignment system work and meaningfull, but also provide rewards specific to those who choose it and live the pathSounds great.
    7. Add penalties to those who wanna destroy everything ingame. (So you wanna create your own natural disaster, fine you can do it but youll find further you progress with it things will get rougher on you) Meaning you will wear down faster and stats decay (for a certain amount of time ofc) So if u wanna destroy then go ahead but accept being a easy target while doing it. :-)I'm not sure about this. I would like to see a full system, but so far doesn't make sense as to why you thinking this.
    8. Change loging, completly revamp it and make so itll take ya 5-10 minutes to chop a tree and 20 to make logs and change the skill cap to 10. but increase the exp gained to level up loging by 600%I don't agree with this at all. Doesn't sound fun and I don't think it will work well at all. Once trees are re-spawning and able to be planted I don't think it will be a problem at all. I've made my logging changes else where. I think all that really needs to be said is that logging should be changed slightly. This isn't how though.
    9. Totem Decay, once the leader goes inactive the totems begins melt down and kicks the members untill it lands on a active one, Thus allowing them to continue living their.I agree with totem decay, but not how you want to put it in.
    10. Add a set currency ingame Dont make it to where 1 tribe can be the richest of all or 1 be the poorest but set a balance out for it. Ie say 2k cash will spawn per week or somthing like that.No. I can go into why, but I think it should have its own thread if doing that.
    11. Keep safe zones in the areas they are in. But set up 5 zones for nothing but pure pvp warfare. If you stick your totem in these areas u wont get a safe zone and everything is attackable. but hese areas may yeild the higher end rare resource's ( meaning their would be alot more their. To help encourage war)No, again has and needs its own topic.
    12.Shields and bow's- this would certainly add a bit of fun ingame specially those of us that is a sniper at heart!!.Sounds ok, but again neeeds its own topic (which it does).
    13. boats on the lake and rivers (small enough to transport stuff) think this with cart would make a great add to the game.This is just like #1 so ya.
    14. Locked skills. Meaning you can only master 2-3 but only make mid level on the rest. Force trade. (lets face it with this setup everyone will need somthing and turn skill decay on)I think you mean hard/soft cap with decay. It has its own topic. I agree needs something like that, but not sure what your system is here.
    15. Setup trade routes for the carts and boats.and only allow them to work on roads that connect to these trade routes. (to encourage pvp protection and pvp ambush's).I would love to see this. This system is many systems mixed into one though.
    16.Architecture, ive noticed this game almost lives around city making, So make it meaningful (allow us to make furnature and decorations and all the fun stuff that makes a home a home. and Allow us to make a real house. this would be great for homesteaders! (for bigger tribes u can also make watchtowers archway's things to make you dungeon of doom resemble itSure, I dont think tons of people will come back because of this but sure.
    17.Add a timer to totems- yes their is a 6 hour timer atm. but its still too easily abused, So once you use up the 1 free totem move if you pull it again you must wait 30 day's (but make sure the totem as the upgrade options to keep upgrading them are they grow ofc)Heck NO. 30 days is way to long.
    18.Allow us to make mini shops near homestead or tribe areas. Now this wont be big at and can get raided. But it would go along way with helping the game on starting some fourm of economy.This is going to happen after prelude, they are called "Contested Totems"
    19.Fix the clients coding, atm its a resource hog and definitly needs looked at (however you are on the right track but it just ant there yet)Yes every game needs this done.
    20.Fix the stat system So you can gain stats back as fast as you loose them. (atm it takes forever to raise them)I agree, Ive made a post about this myself.
    21. Add mutated animals. These animals will be ugly and very tough and you wont be able to solo a good bit of them or if ya do takes alot of strategy.I agree but not sure people will be flocking back because of this. Just another add they could do to help round the game out.
    22. Add a online/offline and last online (date n time) fuction to the tribes totem. (would love to know exactly whos fully active)Yep, been said and should have it.
    23. Add a trial to this game or try to add incentives to buying it to gain new players (make it so its one of those deals thats too good to pass up)100% disagree with this, its been said many times, you should likely read those topics.
    24. For all new players their will be a 48 hour timer upon character creation. They can not attack players nor be attacked. ( this will allow them to learn the game and explore a bit instead of geting tosed out their and killed by some douche).No can be abused to easy. Post on a topic that's already there about this if you want to know why.
    25. Allow custom items. Meaning you can make somthing from thinking it up but has to fit inline with stuff ingame. (also would apply to arch and anything crafting related) That would give all crafters sum pride at what hey already enjoy doing.Maybe but seems really involved and a lot of work for little gain, I could be wrong. I just don't see this as a major thing needing to be put into the game right now.
    26. Allow baskets to have a destroy fuctions and add a dismatle button to the ranks list. (yes it is annoying when this happens in isbaba teepees)Much needed. Been said before too.
    27.Rewards for being a pvper. Give the pvpers a rewards for so many kills they gain. this also can apply to hunters and pve players .Give people rewards for sticking to their ways.I think there is more than enough with full loot rewards for PVPers. I think once contested areas get into the game it will be even better for them.
    28.i hate to say it. but he game needs global chat back. but this time allow it to have a off function for those who dont care to see it. (could just make a trade channel.I wouldnt mind seeing this right now, very few people playing and would help out a lot.
    29. the chat box. its lovley an all but all Tabs to it and only in those tabs u can see what is said and have it make a sound when you get a message but also allow that sound to be turned off (for those who chose it)Been said and I agree. Look at Shadowbanes, or DAoC, or just about any new game.
    30.terraforming granite and mountains. definitly should be allowed but only with a pick axe and tools for mining. (lets face it some players prefer to live it up cavemand style) and would definitly be neat to see.There is a reason this isnt in game, because it would cause it to be 3d mapping, which I dont think they are set up to do. I would love to see it.

These are the ideas on what i think would bring alot of people back ingame and then some. I know the pvpers wont like any of it and shoot it down. but im thinking of the community as awhole not just 1 side. but both. This is stuff that would make this game more fun and meaning full. Please no flaming. Discuss it and be civil. We all deserve to get are own ideas heard. ( this is a mmo after all. not everyone will have the same opinion).

I think you should post these ideas on the topics already at hand.

P.S. Spell check is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post
    1. Add carts/wagons to the game (make them very slow)Yep
    2. New zones with rare resources only obtainable their (that you cant stick a totel over)Yep, I would also like to put that you cant put a "safe" totem "near"
    3. Add zombie camps that are raidable and that can raid cities. these camps should random respawn somewhere else and No totem and be placed anywhere near them, also the zombies will be tough but also have rare resources their. Sounds like a good idea.
    4. add mining and metal working to the game Sounds good.
    5. Full combat revamp Yep
    6. make the alignment system work and meaningfull, but also provide rewards specific to those who choose it and live the pathSounds great.
    7. Add penalties to those who wanna destroy everything ingame. (So you wanna create your own natural disaster, fine you can do it but youll find further you progress with it things will get rougher on you) Meaning you will wear down faster and stats decay (for a certain amount of time ofc) So if u wanna destroy then go ahead but accept being a easy target while doing it. :-)I'm not sure about this. I would like to see a full system, but so far doesn't make sense as to why you thinking this.
    8. Change loging, completly revamp it and make so itll take ya 5-10 minutes to chop a tree and 20 to make logs and change the skill cap to 10. but increase the exp gained to level up loging by 600%I don't agree with this at all. Doesn't sound fun and I don't think it will work well at all. Once trees are re-spawning and able to be planted I don't think it will be a problem at all. I've made my logging changes else where. I think all that really needs to be said is that logging should be changed slightly. This isn't how though.
    9. Totem Decay, once the leader goes inactive the totems begins melt down and kicks the members untill it lands on a active one, Thus allowing them to continue living their.I agree with totem decay, but not how you want to put it in.
    10. Add a set currency ingame Dont make it to where 1 tribe can be the richest of all or 1 be the poorest but set a balance out for it. Ie say 2k cash will spawn per week or somthing like that.No. I can go into why, but I think it should have its own thread if doing that.
    11. Keep safe zones in the areas they are in. But set up 5 zones for nothing but pure pvp warfare. If you stick your totem in these areas u wont get a safe zone and everything is attackable. but hese areas may yeild the higher end rare resource's ( meaning their would be alot more their. To help encourage war)No, again has and needs its own topic.
    12.Shields and bow's- this would certainly add a bit of fun ingame specially those of us that is a sniper at heart!!.Sounds ok, but again neeeds its own topic (which it does).
    13. boats on the lake and rivers (small enough to transport stuff) think this with cart would make a great add to the game.This is just like #1 so ya.
    14. Locked skills. Meaning you can only master 2-3 but only make mid level on the rest. Force trade. (lets face it with this setup everyone will need somthing and turn skill decay on)I think you mean hard/soft cap with decay. It has its own topic. I agree needs something like that, but not sure what your system is here.
    15. Setup trade routes for the carts and boats.and only allow them to work on roads that connect to these trade routes. (to encourage pvp protection and pvp ambush's).I would love to see this. This system is many systems mixed into one though.
    16.Architecture, ive noticed this game almost lives around city making, So make it meaningful (allow us to make furnature and decorations and all the fun stuff that makes a home a home. and Allow us to make a real house. this would be great for homesteaders! (for bigger tribes u can also make watchtowers archway's things to make you dungeon of doom resemble itSure, I dont think tons of people will come back because of this but sure.
    17.Add a timer to totems- yes their is a 6 hour timer atm. but its still too easily abused, So once you use up the 1 free totem move if you pull it again you must wait 30 day's (but make sure the totem as the upgrade options to keep upgrading them are they grow ofc)Heck NO. 30 days is way to long.
    18.Allow us to make mini shops near homestead or tribe areas. Now this wont be big at and can get raided. But it would go along way with helping the game on starting some fourm of economy.This is going to happen after prelude, they are called "Contested Totems"
    19.Fix the clients coding, atm its a resource hog and definitly needs looked at (however you are on the right track but it just ant there yet)Yes every game needs this done.
    20.Fix the stat system So you can gain stats back as fast as you loose them. (atm it takes forever to raise them)I agree, Ive made a post about this myself.
    21. Add mutated animals. These animals will be ugly and very tough and you wont be able to solo a good bit of them or if ya do takes alot of strategy.I agree but not sure people will be flocking back because of this. Just another add they could do to help round the game out.
    22. Add a online/offline and last online (date n time) fuction to the tribes totem. (would love to know exactly whos fully active)Yep, been said and should have it.
    23. Add a trial to this game or try to add incentives to buying it to gain new players (make it so its one of those deals thats too good to pass up)100% disagree with this, its been said many times, you should likely read those topics.
    24. For all new players their will be a 48 hour timer upon character creation. They can not attack players nor be attacked. ( this will allow them to learn the game and explore a bit instead of geting tosed out their and killed by some douche).No can be abused to easy. Post on a topic that's already there about this if you want to know why.
    25. Allow custom items. Meaning you can make somthing from thinking it up but has to fit inline with stuff ingame. (also would apply to arch and anything crafting related) That would give all crafters sum pride at what hey already enjoy doing.Maybe but seems really involved and a lot of work for little gain, I could be wrong. I just don't see this as a major thing needing to be put into the game right now.
    26. Allow baskets to have a destroy fuctions and add a dismatle button to the ranks list. (yes it is annoying when this happens in isbaba teepees)Much needed. Been said before too.
    27.Rewards for being a pvper. Give the pvpers a rewards for so many kills they gain. this also can apply to hunters and pve players .Give people rewards for sticking to their ways.I think there is more than enough with full loot rewards for PVPers. I think once contested areas get into the game it will be even better for them.
    28.i hate to say it. but he game needs global chat back. but this time allow it to have a off function for those who dont care to see it. (could just make a trade channel.I wouldnt mind seeing this right now, very few people playing and would help out a lot.
    29. the chat box. its lovley an all but all Tabs to it and only in those tabs u can see what is said and have it make a sound when you get a message but also allow that sound to be turned off (for those who chose it)Been said and I agree. Look at Shadowbanes, or DAoC, or just about any new game.
    30.terraforming granite and mountains. definitly should be allowed but only with a pick axe and tools for mining. (lets face it some players prefer to live it up cavemand style) and would definitly be neat to see.There is a reason this isnt in game, because it would cause it to be 3d mapping, which I dont think they are set up to do. I would love to see it.

These are the ideas on what i think would bring alot of people back ingame and then some. I know the pvpers wont like any of it and shoot it down. but im thinking of the community as awhole not just 1 side. but both. This is stuff that would make this game more fun and meaning full. Please no flaming. Discuss it and be civil. We all deserve to get are own ideas heard. ( this is a mmo after all. not everyone will have the same opinion).

I think you should post these ideas on the topics already at hand.

P.S. Spell check is your friend.

WEll i must say I love all of those ideas,but its not something they can do over night....

First off we need a better view and indepth article on all that jooky wants to do with Xsyon. What I mean by this is where does he stand on how big he wants the title Xsyon to be to the gaming community.
    Does he want pve/pvp players only? = players that want both in game!
    Does he want pvp players only?=Players who don't want pvp at all!!!!
    Does he want pve players only?=Players who want pvp galore and no pve player crap!!!!

Most people don't know why these questions arise, but i asure you they are there for good reason.
    The Xsyon community is mixed with all 3 types of players right now. Jooky has mentioned in several post he wants the community to decide how it will develope. IMO this is not the way to handle this. Why? You will piss off 1 or 2 of the other player base. Why? Example: If pvp players out weigh the other players then that would mean the game will eventually turn full pvp cause thats where the mass will take the game.
    If pve players out weigh the other players then the game will go pve eventually cause they out weigh the mass.
    If pve/pve players out weigh then the game will go in the direction I do beleve jooky wantted to take it.
    The problem is mmo's are based on player base and there likes. You can't make a game then tell parts of your player base sorry game is going full this or full that cause thats what majority of the players want.
    Unless you don't want that big of a player base to begin with.

If you want to make the game the biggest hit on the market and to fit all player types then you have to seperate them and give them exactly what they want which would be the following. Example: 3 servers: examples below.....

Server 1 Pvp .... War over resources, land, Trade, and Laws. Domination in short... Very heavy combat system with gear, weapons, and diffrent combat styles in fighting.
    Server 2 Pve ....Full peace among all players no pking...exception is dueling apon request. Npc's to fight and give quest.... Lots of crafting abilities and housing objects. Very heavy combat skills and armor for killing npc's.
    Server 3 Pve/Pvp....Mild war system with safe zones.... contested resources in pvp designed areas.... Crafting and housing.... Mild combat system with pve and pvp gear types to suit both areas of game play. Npc's to kill and gather quest from. Pc quest for pvp purpose for launching revenge on a foe for wrongfully killing you like bounties....

Where is the game going to head? If jooky is going to base this on the community and how they develope over time then 1 or 2 of these groups are going to get angry at some point in time and more than likly quit.

As of right now i see the game as a pve/pvp type with a section of pvp players trying to stir it in a more full pvp game. I also see a section of players whoi are Pve and trying to stir it in a none pvp war game with there suggestions and opinions.

So where are we going to take this game? What player base will leave in the end? Which player base will remain? Am I going to be part of the player base that leaves? Is giving the player base the desission on how the game will develope over time a bad desission?

Imo yes giving the player base say in how the game will develope in time is a bad desission. Why cause the minority will win, and anyone else who came to play a diffrent aspect of the game will have it changed on them. This is why most companies seperate the player base by servers to tailor to each players need to keep that money coming in that makes the world go around. The big question is How big does Xsyon want to grow? I'm not talking game wise I'm speaking of player base. Does Xsyon want 10k of players or does Xsyon want 200k of players? To get the high player base you have to give each player the type of game they want.

Why do I always mention this in the forums? Might be cause I see all 3 player types playing Xsyon right now all trying to post thier opinions on how they think the game needs to be and go an in no way are they thinking of the other 2 player types. Instead they will flam copout excuses to others opinions on what they think saying no thats not a good idea this is how the game needs to go. No i disagree you need this and not that. you are not paying attention to what im saying flame... flame... flame...

On other game forums you hear more of stuff like this when will we ever get this when will this happen we need more of this and it follows many other post 9 out of 10 agreeing with the post. Not here! you get more flame... than any thing. What I'm still trying to figure out is why is every one trying to change the game so early in development when we havn't got past the prelude yet to see what all jooky has planned. Some post I agree need to be posted to help in game performance and helpful suggestions like item tips an tags, increase animal spawn rate,an adding tags to baskets, or ability to move a full basket with out emptying the whole thing. What I don't understand is post like we need rare resources, Remove basketry, we need war stuff to kill.
    Prelude is the rebuild stage where we for next 6 to 9 months make roads build towns pritty much get back on our feet after the fall out of the apocolypse an wait for the next stage jooky had planned. Instead we are asking him do this do that taking his time away from his project he had planned asking him to do all this other stuff. It's almost as if the players figure jooky had nothing planned but what you see now. This always gives me a huge laugh. If I feel bad! I can always come here read these post and get a good laugh.

I look forward to reading more useless post keep them coming. : D

What I'm still trying to figure out is why is every one trying to change the game so early in development when we havn't got past the prelude yet to see what all jooky has planned.
    Agree, but you answered your question when you said that we need more info on all that Jooky wants to do with some hot topic, specially the pvp/pve thing. The lack of info brings many players to go on the forums and ask/propose stuff...

Some post I agree need to be posted to help in game performance and helpful suggestions like item tips an tags, increase animal spawn rate,an adding tags to baskets, or ability to move a full basket with out emptying the whole thing. What I don't understand is post like we need rare resources, Remove basketry, we need war stuff to kill

The game seems to be too vague, not precise enough for some people and they go with threads like this. (I think some dont understand at what stage of development is the game right now)

I
    look forward to reading more useless post keep them coming.
    Ya well, be patient my friend, dont go too hard on some guys, ideas are at least coming from some good intentions and for that, we have to show respect.

Yz

Well put, Arkonick, I agree with a lot that you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzandor View Post
    Agree, but you answered your question when you said that we need more info on all that Jooky wants to do with some hot topic, specially the pvp/pve thing. The lack of info brings many players to go on the forums and ask/propose stuff...
    Jordi gave that info...just that some people don't like or don't want to believe what they read, and that's why they keep starting those threads.