Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 74
  1. #1

    Are YOU satisfied so far?

    So many bash and trash threads, that I wanted to start something new.
    ( I fully expect the unhappy to again use a thread for their own use, and hijack this thread 6 ways from sunday... but Maybe they won't this time )


    Question: Are you Satisfied so far with what you can do to have fun in the game?


    For me the answer is YES.

    I wanted a game where I could terraform and have a chance to leave a lasting mark on the game... I can do that

    I wanted a game where animals have more natural reactions to people near by... deer flee, bears attack and coyotes try and eat you as they are starving... again It was what I wanted.

    I wanted to be able to search for "treasures" and have them be useful... I'm a 100 scavenger... again I am satisfied.

    I was looking to be able to build a cool town and have many options in how it could evolve and look... Doing all that now.

    So...

    What about YOU?

  2. #2
    Yup I am satisfied. Though i guess for me its satisfaction mixed with greed. Greed for more content. I Think its pretty safe to say we all want more. But I am happy about the road we are taking there.

  3. #3
    No.

    Is the thread hijacked now?

  4. #4
    No.

    The game has potential and the devs have good philosophies....
    But that's not enough to keep me paying to play.

    I could get past the "blast from the past" graphics and gameplay if the core was solid, but unfortunatly it's not, at all.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    So many bash and trash threads, that I wanted to start something new.
    ( I fully expect the unhappy to again use a thread for their own use, and hijack this thread 6 ways from sunday... but Maybe they won't this time )


    Question: Are you Satisfied so far with what you can do to have fun in the game?


    For me the answer is YES.

    I wanted a game where I could terraform and have a chance to leave a lasting mark on the game... I can do that

    I wanted a game where animals have more natural reactions to people near by... deer flee, bears attack and coyotes try and eat you as they are starving... again It was what I wanted.

    I wanted to be able to search for "treasures" and have them be useful... I'm a 100 scavenger... again I am satisfied.

    I was looking to be able to build a cool town and have many options in how it could evolve and look... Doing all that now.

    So...

    What about YOU?
    Going to have to say no.

    Why?

    For me, it's the lack of purpose. Yes you can do a lot of things, but ultimately the only end they serve is themselves.

    I can build a city/house/town...why? well so i can build a town of course. What is the reason for doing so? because i want to build the coolest town ever. Why? So i can make high walls. But why? because. Do they keep players or animals out? not really, since there arent gates to keep players out and animals tend to go right through them. So why do you build them? because buildign them is cool/fun.

    I can make xxx types of armor/weapons/tools...why? so i can make the best stuff possible? why? well so i have the best armor and weapons and stuff. Why? So i have the strongest walls, tools, armor, weapons, clothes, etc. Why do you need this? so my stuff is the best. Why? So i can defend myself against players and animals. So you need the best stuff to kill animals? not really, they die pretty easily with a low quality shovel. So you nneed the best stuff for fighting players? hell ya! So there are a lot of players to fight? Not really. But i thought it was ffa? it is, except in your tribal area, so you can sit in there until it is safe. So do you get to fight many players? not really. Why do you need the best stuff? because it's cool to have the best stuff.

    I can pvp anywhere...why do you want to attack other players? because i love pvp. So you can attack players anywhere, and are always vulnerable? well not really. if you dont want to fight you can just stay in your safe zone. But you have to come out eventually? Not really. resources are pretty abundant, so for most things you dont have to go very far to get stuff. But there is competition for resources then? No, not really...well maybe trees...but thats because they were all cut down a while back...all tthe other resources are pretty much unlimited. So why do you pvp? because.

    anyway, i don't feel like typing anymore...No purpose or point beyond the activiity itself does a game not make.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.theburninghorde.com

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Azhul_NS View Post
    No.

    Is the thread hijacked now?
    Yes, but we have you surrounded. Put the keyboard down slowly and come out with your hands up.

    I'm in a holding pattern. Still have fuel in both tanks, traffic's not all that complicated and I'm happy the tower is keeping me informed. For the moment, I'm satisfied to see activity down on the runway. Might all get cleared up before tanks run dry, and if not, well, I'll go through that checklist if the time comes.

  7. #7
    I've only ever been satisfied with two games. Asheron's Call post 2002 and SWG Post-CU;Pre-NGE.

    This game does not satisfy me currently, but it does offer me things I've not seen in other games, so they could hold me over until the game develops into what they are describing on the home page.


    Life's greatest rewards are reserved for those who bring joy to the lives of other's.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    Yes, but we have you surrounded. Put the keyboard down slowly and come out with your hands up.
    This made me lol

    I enjoy the game so far. I like to explore and look for new spots, and lately we can even meet animals out there ! I like to craft armors and mix the parts to create new outfits
    I do enjoy the very helpful and friendly community (ingame, not on forum).
    I'm skilling up...though it has no purpose right now. But I hope it will have, and I train my skills for that time. If they add comfort, decay, some more building options and open up new lands I'll be very happy with the game.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    Going to have to say no.

    Why?

    For me, it's the lack of purpose. Yes you can do a lot of things, but ultimately the only end they serve is themselves.

    I can build a city/house/town...why? well so i can build a town of course. What is the reason for doing so? because i want to build the coolest town ever. Why? So i can make high walls. But why? because. Do they keep players or animals out? not really, since there arent gates to keep players out and animals tend to go right through them. So why do you build them? because buildign them is cool/fun.

    I can make xxx types of armor/weapons/tools...why? so i can make the best stuff possible? why? well so i have the best armor and weapons and stuff. Why? So i have the strongest walls, tools, armor, weapons, clothes, etc. Why do you need this? so my stuff is the best. Why? So i can defend myself against players and animals. So you need the best stuff to kill animals? not really, they die pretty easily with a low quality shovel. So you nneed the best stuff for fighting players? hell ya! So there are a lot of players to fight? Not really. But i thought it was ffa? it is, except in your tribal area, so you can sit in there until it is safe. So do you get to fight many players? not really. Why do you need the best stuff? because it's cool to have the best stuff.

    I can pvp anywhere...why do you want to attack other players? because i love pvp. So you can attack players anywhere, and are always vulnerable? well not really. if you dont want to fight you can just stay in your safe zone. But you have to come out eventually? Not really. resources are pretty abundant, so for most things you dont have to go very far to get stuff. But there is competition for resources then? No, not really...well maybe trees...but thats because they were all cut down a while back...all tthe other resources are pretty much unlimited. So why do you pvp? because.

    anyway, i don't feel like typing anymore...No purpose or point beyond the activiity itself does a game not make.
    a 12 year old should be able to understand that....great post. theres no purpose behind most of it and of course the economy is extremely over supplied except the trees
    Audacius

    [B]

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    Yes, but we have you surrounded. Put the keyboard down slowly and come out with your hands up.

    I'm in a holding pattern. Still have fuel in both tanks, traffic's not all that complicated and I'm happy the tower is keeping me informed. For the moment, I'm satisfied to see activity down on the runway. Might all get cleared up before tanks run dry, and if not, well, I'll go through that checklist if the time comes.
    Wow I thought I took analogies a little too far sometimes

    I am feeling sort of "meh" about the game. I still log in the odd time but I am not feeling like there is much point. I will stick with it for now though since what there is was enough to make other games seem far to static.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •