Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Well yes, I got exactly what I came for so I am satisfied. I am not overjoyed, and i feel like many of you that there is not enough to do and that Im playing a game that only have 2 thirds of the basic features in. I am willing to wait for the rest because i simply adore the concept and it is exactly what i was looking for.

You have to understand that this is something that will grip you in most sandbox MMOs because far along the way you make your own game. To a certain extent. Right now a lot of the things that would make a game like this fun is simply not in yet. Open world PVP and territorial PVP and all the juicy player created content that follows would improve vastly on the "things to do" problem.

Yes, liking it. Enjoy the 3D world, the day and night cycle and the 4 seasons. Terraforming can be an artform-- just compare some of the good camps with some of the abandoned disasters around the lake. Happy to see that some of the mouthier and more obnoxious people people who joined in the beginning are now gone. : ) Enjoying the improvement of the game (elimination of zone lag, more animals and more varieties of them, introduction of item quality). Patiently watching for item decay, animal taming and shamanism to be implemented. And with what we have now, I still don't have enough time to do all the things I want to do in the game.

Thanks for keeping it civil folk!

I think many have gotten so involved in what they cannot do, that they are completely blind to what they CAN do.

Let me give you an example...

Let's say there is a lone griefer running around clear cutting the forest, and turning junk piles into roadway. What CAN you do about such a player?

Most will say Grief him back! Camp him and kill him a few hundred times and he will move on. Alas, HE can just pick up his totem, and stay mobile and and wait for anyone moving their totem to enter the 6 hour waiting period, and just drop a totem in their spot, take anything he wants out of baskets, and destroy all buildings at will. My oh MY!!! what can you do about that!?!?

You CAN build a wall around your entire radius, probably out of tall dirt, making sure to leave only a very small entrance that you block before picking up the totem for an upgrade. If there are no places he can get stuck, he cannot use the /unstuck trick, and ALL your buildings will be safe. He may enjoy the attention that griefing gives him, but if you simply remove the possibility, THEN he will get bored with you and move on. And there is just no way he can "roadover" all the junk piles even in your area. there are just too many and it takes time... remember he wants attention not tedious WORK.

There are so many things we CAN do if we all stop worrying about what is not in game yet... It may lead you to realize that you have plenty to entertain you, especially if you are in a group and not solo.

Griefing wouldn't be much of an issue if the core features were all working properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    Thanks for keeping it civil folk!

I think many have gotten so involved in what they cannot do, that they are completely blind to what they CAN do.

Let me give you an example...

Let's say there is a lone griefer running around clear cutting the forest, and turning junk piles into roadway. What CAN you do about such a player?

Most will say Grief him back! Camp him and kill him a few hundred times and he will move on. Alas, HE can just pick up his totem, and stay mobile and and wait for anyone moving their totem to enter the 6 hour waiting period, and just drop a totem in their spot, take anything he wants out of baskets, and destroy all buildings at will. My oh MY!!! what can you do about that!?!?

You CAN build a wall around your entire radius, probably out of tall dirt, making sure to leave only a very small entrance that you block before picking up the totem for an upgrade. If there are no places he can get stuck, he cannot use the /unstuck trick, and ALL your buildings will be safe. He may enjoy the attention that griefing gives him, but if you simply remove the possibility, THEN he will get bored with you and move on. And there is just no way he can "roadover" all the junk piles even in your area. there are just too many and it takes time... remember he wants attention not tedious WORK.

There are so many things we CAN do if we all stop worrying about what is not in game yet... It may lead you to realize that you have plenty to entertain you, especially if you are in a group and not solo.

You CAN play tetris to! YEEEY!!!!

NOT hardly ill'un

There are plenty of players still playing, because as this thread proves... most are still having entertainment and can wait for more.

Game has potential, but needs more PvP. Get rid of the safezones ( still keep belongings safe) and put in gates.
    The reason no one is playing now, is that there is nothing to do...........

Without PvP, this game is going to die....we gotta get something that is GvG.....asset destruction, and city takeovers......old Shadowbane style.

Quote Originally Posted by Illmaculate View Post
    Everyone who replied in this thread are the only ones left playing the game.
    Are you going to pay a monthly fee to play the forum game ? Or you'll be gone in 2 weeks, Ill ?

I don't know how many people play the game. But every day I log in there are like 2-3 new players in my area. Seriously. I'm actually surprised by it seeing how bad comments Xsyon gets on the gaming sites.

I don't know if any of you remember a game called Horizons.

It was a PvE NO pvp whatsoever. and it was also a building and crafting game.

Even after 7 years on bad management, poor support and let me repeat NO pvp,
    It is still going strong. and if does not have even half of what this game has now.

You cannot Terraform, you cannot make anywhere as many combinations of armor, and crafting is not as involved nor is Item quality a factor. Most thing in Horizons are a simple grind. There is no economy and nobody trades for anything as everyone can literally be all classes.

When I left the guild I founded 6+ years earlier we had 200 members, 50 active most days and owned 10 towns.

This game beats that one like a dead rented mule.

No. Xsyon will be fine, and we will still be playing long after "some" are no longer even remembered. Um... who was I talking to again?

Horizons, has a working econ, and working combat.

You dont need much more. But it has a lot more, it has limited rare resources, it has things to fight over, it has building of houses, and sooo many other things.
    It also has Dragons that you can play as a race. IMO extra win there.