Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Great patch!

Quote Originally Posted by Azhul_NS View Post
    Pleased that they put it in, but I see NO reason at all it will affect trade or scarcity.

They were wise to err on the safe side, but the items will not decay fast enough to even make a dent in the supply.

They also need to make it much slower/harder to make the items.
    You sir are very wrong.
    Ive already worn out 4 knives. My stock is almost out. I didnt have a huge stock but Im only 1 person and thats just knives.

Im going to have to start trading my skills for others to get better stuff.

Or, you could just - make some knives.

I started with 5 skill in toolmaking, and can now make every tool I have heard of - except shovels, for some reason.

Being that Im a crappy tool crafter, I could but then I would have crappy tools for my good weapons, or good wood, or good armor etc.

If I were just skilling up ya you would be right, but Im crafting good stuff, QL of the tools matter, just as in fighting QL of the weapons matter, just as in cutting down a tree, QL of the axe matters.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Being that Im a crappy tool crafter, I could but then I would have crappy tools for my good weapons, or good wood, or good armor etc.

If I were just skilling up ya you would be right, but Im crafting good stuff, QL of the tools matter, just as in fighting QL of the weapons matter, just as in cutting down a tree, QL of the axe matters.
    Let me know if quality of weapons/armour/building materials actually makes any different in performance. If not, then you only need better tools - to make better tools.

I started with 5 skill in toolmaking, and can now make every tool I have heard of - except shovels, for some reason.
    Shovels and picks are part of weapon craft not tools

If you are making tools for grinding be sure to use foragers or scrappers tools to make them. Using those two sets gives the product a higher durability, meaning you can spam more before they break.

If you are making tools in order to have a good set to make "real" items with be sure to use pioneer's or trapper's tools to make them. You get a bonus to QL of the product when using them.

Quote Originally Posted by ivolta View Post
    Shovels and picks are part of weapon craft not tools
    Ah. Thank you. Strange.

Let me know if quality of weapons/armour/building materials actually makes any different in performance. If not, then you only need better tools - to make better tools.
    You read the forums enough, you should know they already do.
    Skill, stats, mats, and tools all factor into QL of the finished item.

IE. Woodcutting, you factor in mats (log), QL of tools (knife), and skill/stats of the woodcutter. = QL of wood handle.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    You read the forums enough, you should know they already do.
    Skill, stats, mats, and tools all factor into QL of the finished item.

IE. Woodcutting, you factor in mats (log), QL of tools (knife), and skill/stats of the woodcutter. = QL of wood handle.
    The question is if there is any difference between a moderate QL armor and a master QL one defense-wise. That I'd like to know as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    The question is if there is any difference between a moderate QL armor and a master QL one defense-wise. That I'd like to know as well.
    Yes. THAT is what I was asking.