Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: World building

World building

Hey guys

The whole wold building thing is going to be new to me and I'm really curious...

With everyone trying to level their "Road Construction"," River Creation" skills or however those skills are going to be called don't you think there is a chance that the world will turn into one huge lakefront plaza ( nothing but roads and water ) ?

..Or am I talking complete nonsense here ?

Re:World building

Or I can see a big FUCK YOU made out of roads for example :woohoo:

I was thinking about this too when watching the videos. As it stands now it appears you can build sections of road wherever. What's to stop someone from making a road to nowhere?

Faq question # 31:

31.) What are the limitations on terraforming?

Players can't terraform hard rock surfaces or near existing trees. Players will be limited to changing terrain within tribal zones in order to not mess up the entire world.

For a start the admins could re-configure the places they think are ruining the game.
    The option to build freely is good. Players get the option to terraform the land back to it's original so there's no stopping the havok within the game.

Plus, admins can re-certify the land to what it used to look like if it does get out of hand.

Now this is only my impressions from various posts by the devs;

Only tribal lands will be transformable (Xsyon/Virtus). Not sure if this includes roads.

There is an Architect officer position in tribe leadership hierarchy.

I think that only tribe members will be able to build in tribal zones of influence. And possibly only tribe members that are given permissions by the tribe's Architect.

So if the above is true, it will be up to each tribe to police the building of roads, terraforming and creation of other built objects with in their zone. Some tribes may let everyone build whatever they want, while other tribes will have a planned structure of how they want their lands to develop.

I have a feeling that the devs/GMs will step in if something goes against the TOS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Perception is reality

What Kitsume said and don't forget that Every thing will decay over time.

John Wooden ~ Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character.
    Benjamin Spock ~ Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.

Kitsume wrote:
    Only tribal lands will be transformable (Xsyon/Virtus). Not sure if this includes roads.
    I wonder how big tribal lands can become, then... Roads are important for trade routes between tribes, after all. So is terraforming...

Vow: As big as the tribe, which is to say, as big as it wants...unless there is a tribe size cap

Can tribal areas overlap?

Example: two allied tribes are close enough together to where their zones overlap. Can they share resources in the overlapping areas, each do terraforming, etc? Or will there be borders which are averaged between the two?

How about Tribes that are neutral with each other or hostile?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Perception is reality