Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Decay and Tribes vs. Homesteads and LIGHT PLEASE

Can anyone point me to some info re:these two topics:

I've done a bunch of reading on the forums but can't seem to answer the follow 3 items adequately. The fourth item is more of a plea...

First, I can't seem to find a straight answer on this. Is there decay? Is it in? Does it apply to an area where I have placed a totem?

Second, I've placed a totem but there are only 2 of us...does that make it a homestead? Have I placed it wrong?

Third, Do my baskets decay if they are placed in the footprint of my "tribe" or "homestead" or whatever it is? Is there anywhere other than "on me" that my items are safe?

Fourth, please tell me it's in the near'ish plans to add torches, lanterns or some such thing to the game? Even with my gamma at max, its virtually unplayable at night.

If anything the games natural brightness is too bright.

You need to turn your gamma and brightness up both on your monitor and video card.

The only thing different between me for night and day is moon instead of a sun and no shadows. The lighting is barely different.

Torches would be great

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    If anything the games natural brightness is too bright.

You need to turn your gamma and brightness up both on your monitor and video card.

The only thing different between me for night and day is moon instead of a sun and no shadows. The lighting is barely different.

Torches would be great
    Its different for players, not sure why though. Its pitch black for me at night as well, I can hardly see my own character.

To the OP:
    Crafted objects like armors, weapons, tools decay by use and eventually break. I have no idea if buildings decay or not, my guess is that they don't.

2 players make a perfect homestead Homesteads can be fund by 1-5 players.
    I believe baskets don't decay now either. I may be wrong though.

Edit: what do you mean by 'safe' ? Safe from other players or safe from decay ? If you put a basket on the ground and you set it to 'private', no one can open it but you. If a player drops a totem beside your basket then he will be able to open it. Everything inside your totem area is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShift View Post

I've done a bunch of reading on the forums but can't seem to answer the follow 3 items adequately. The fourth item is more of a plea...

First, I can't seem to find a straight answer on this. Is there decay? Is it in? Does it apply to an area where I have placed a totem? Yes decay on used items only right now. Armor, weapons, tools etc. Totems do not decay right now.

Second, I've placed a totem but there are only 2 of us...does that make it a homestead? Have I placed it wrong? Yes its a homestead.

Third, Do my baskets decay if they are placed in the footprint of my "tribe" or "homestead" or whatever it is? Is there anywhere other than "on me" that my items are safe? Baskets do not decay right now anywhere you place them.
    Items "On you" are not safe unless you are in your tribe lands. Your tribe lands are safe for items if you do not give any of your tribe members access, anyone with access can then use or take items.
    Outside of tribe lands nothing is safe, but preorder weapons which are soulbound.

Fourth, please tell me it's in the near'ish plans to add torches, lanterns or some such thing to the game? Even with my gamma at max, its virtually unplayable at night.
    Ive not heard anything about torches or lanterns however you can make campfires.
    If you are playing in windowed mode changing the gamma will likely not have an effect. There are ways to fix this contact support.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    what do you mean by 'safe' ? Safe from other players or safe from decay ? If you put a basket on the ground and you set it to 'private', no one can open it but you.

Not true, a player can take baskets that are set to private outside of totem areas by dropping a totem near them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShift View Post

First, I can't seem to find a straight answer on this. Is there decay? Is it in? Does it apply to an area where I have placed a totem? Yes decay on used items only right now. Armor, weapons, tools etc. Totems do not decay right now.

Second, I've placed a totem but there are only 2 of us...does that make it a homestead? Have I placed it wrong? Yes its a homestead.

Third, Do my baskets decay if they are placed in the footprint of my "tribe" or "homestead" or whatever it is? Is there anywhere other than "on me" that my items are safe? Baskets do not decay right now anywhere you place them.
    Items "On you" are not safe unless you are in your tribe lands. Your tribe lands are safe for items if you do not give any of your tribe members access, anyone with access can then use or take items.
    Outside of tribe lands nothing is safe, but preorder weapons which are soulbound.

Ive not heard anything about torches or lanterns however you can make campfires.
    If you are playing in windowed mode changing the gamma will likely not have an effect. There are ways to fix this contact support.

what do you mean by 'safe' ? Safe from other players or safe from decay ? If you put a basket on the ground and you set it to 'private', no one can open it but you.

Not true, a player can take baskets that are set to private outside of totem areas by dropping a totem near them.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Lol. If you want to reply my posts, at least read them, don't stop at half.

Dont edit them while Im posting then.
    I cant see that you are going to edit it while Im posting.

Its different for players, not sure why though. Its pitch black for me at night as well, I can hardly see my own character.

To the OP:
    Crafted objects like armors, weapons, tools decay by use and eventually break. I have no idea if buildings decay or not, my guess is that they don't.

2 players make a perfect homestead Homesteads can be fund by 1-5 players.
    I believe baskets don't decay now either. I may be wrong though.

Edit: what do you mean by 'safe' ? Safe from other players or safe from decay ? If you put a basket on the ground and you set it to 'private', no one can open it but you. If a player drops a totem beside your basket then he will be able to open it. Everything inside your totem area is safe.
    I wish it was pitch black for me it night. I don't understand this at all. Seriously, nothing changes

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    I wish it was pitch black for me it night. I don't understand this at all. Seriously, nothing changes
    I envy you Can we swap comps ?

The day v night lighting is very slight for me...it did take some time in with my vc and ingame video settings to achieve this. Considering it's highly affected by user end settings, it's not something the developers need to be looking at right now imo. Torches would be nifty.

Yea for those of you who say there is no change from day to night, Thats a bug ive heard of it before. Its supposed to be pretty dark at night. Not Mortal Online Dark but pretty dark, Whereas I agree that torches/lanterns would be usefull.