Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: seriously?

Unhappy seriously?

bought and downloaded game (forgot to check screenshots of game :P but saw a trailer)
    but whats up with these graphics? they seem like they could have been 5 years or more old and the ui is pretty awkward,
    still i will give it a shot.

But when i buy and install a game thats been out for a month or so i do expect bugs of course but what i dont expect is to play a game that feels like its having 5 or 6 years old graphics and ui settings.

The graphics might seem a tad outdated but really I think it suits the game just fine. The UI would be really by only graphical complaint.

Graphics are fine for a sandbox game with terra forming. Beats the shit out of Minecraft and Wurm

Quote Originally Posted by halldorr View Post
    The graphics might seem a tad outdated but really I think it suits the game just fine. The UI would be really by only graphical complaint.
    So, you're fine with the grass floating above the ground and logs lying with one end in the dirt?

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    Graphics are fine for a sandbox game with terra forming. Beats the shit out of Minecraft and Wurm
    Wurm, yes. MineCraft, no. Xsyon and MC do different things well. MC has better fire, snow, and flowing water. Xsyon has better ground, human and animal forms, and trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Azhul_NS View Post
    So, you're fine with the grass floating above the ground and logs lying with one end in the dirt?

Wurm, yes. MineCraft, no. Xsyon and MC do different things well. MC has better fire, snow, and flowing water. Xsyon has better ground, human and animal forms, and trees.
    You are delusional if you think MC's block graphics beat this. Graphics are the least important part of this game at this point in time.

hehe, i've been playing shores of hazeron (alpha build 4x space sandbox)...those graphics make xsyons look...well lets just say its all about perspective

Never understood why people complain about the graphics here. I Like them personally.

People crying about graphics, in xsyon, says more about them than the game, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by meissner61 View Post
    Never understood why people complain about the graphics here. I Like them personally.
    I like them as well... I just hope they will add more camera zoom out eventually

My thoughts on the graphics are this.

They are not the best, they are not the worst, they are more than good enough.

To me they are much better than WOW, Wurm, Roma Victor, Shadowbane, etc.
    This is a sandbox game, I expect to see a little less top end graphics because it has a LOT more to offer and do. Terraforming, world building, types of combat, how crafting is done etc. There is so much to do, getting a top end graphics system that's not out yet for a year when you are coding isnt a good choice. You have to cut your losses somewhere, and Im glad money isnt being mostly spent on graphics. I would much rather see a great crafting system, than a great graphics system.

My thoughts on the graphics are this.

They are not the best, they are not the worst, they are more than good enough.

To me they are much better than WOW, Wurm, Roma Victor, Shadowbane, etc.
    This is a sandbox game, I expect to see a little less top end graphics because it has a LOT more to offer and do. Terraforming, world building, types of combat, how crafting is done etc. There is so much to do, getting a top end graphics system that's not out yet for a year when you are coding isnt a good choice. You have to cut your losses somewhere, and Im glad money isnt being mostly spent on graphics. I would much rather see a great crafting system, than a great graphics system.