Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bored? Here are some things you can do.

So many say they are bored, and post long walls of text on how the game does not do this or that, and how they broke their promises and yadda yadda yadda...

what seems odd to me is, I don't have enough time to do everything I am trying to accomplish. If you look at this game as ONLY a pvp game you are already limiting many things you CAN do. This is a sandbox... You can build castles, or cities, you can make a well known name for yourself by your actions, ( or even become Infamous - Heya ddt ), YOU can create things for other to do.

So Let me list a few things you can do that may take some of your boredom away.

1. Join a tribe.

Yeah, I know your a lone wolf and you don't play well with others, but the grind that a homesteader subjects themselves to is a major cause for anyone to get discouraged.

This game is designed around the tribe. It does not have to be a lot, just 2-3 that can help support each other and even get a bit more room to work with. And even though more hands make the work easier, it won't add to boredom, it will enhance your fun because you will not be focused on those things you can't do, but will focus on more things you want and CAN do.

2. Work on figuring out how to make HIGH Durability tools or weapons.

This alone will keep anyone occupied for a long time. If you enjoy crafting this will be very entertaining, since even a lvl 20 toolcrafter can make HQ/HD tools if they figure out the "trick"

3. Become all you can be.

This game requires a variety ok skills and abilities at very high levels to creat the best gear. To make VHQ/VHD tools require vhq resources. So, are you a lvl 90+ scavenger? hows your foraging? Can you make vhq handles? If not, you have PLENTY to do.

4. Remember Conflict may be coming, but it is not everything even in this game.

Many side of this game are never mentioned, because folks believe that ONLY conflict drives need. This is not true. Risk v.s Reward can be had even by so called carebears that NEVER pvp. Example: The need for Bone armor to survive an attack from a Pk'r, will drive a PvE player to trade for vhq/vhd armors made by others that can hunt these fearsome beasties that have the needed resources. So, they risk contact and losing their stuff to go trade with a plave near the mist that happens to have this armor... then the recieve the reward of greater protection.

Think outside .. AND inside the box

and make sure the tribe you join has a big project otherwise you'll sit there and play with your anus

Not enough time to do what you want.Took the words right out of my mouth im no where near where i want to be.Will be at least 2 mone months till I am so im plenty busy.

1: okay
    2: leftclick 1000000 times to get maxxed skill, gather ( left click) 10000 ressources to get it. Use the best materials, which needs some experience but isn't that hard
    3: repeat 2 over and over ( skillcap anyone ?)
    4: good example with bone the rest can be nearly farmed in perma safe area thanks to step 1

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    1: okay
    2: leftclick 1000000 times to get maxxed skill, gather ( left click) 10000 ressources to get it. Use the best materials, which needs some experience but isn't that hard
    3: repeat 2 over and over ( skillcap anyone ?)
    4: good example with bone the rest can be nearly farmed in perma safe area thanks to step 1
    rofl..so why not create something you find interesting to do in the SANDBOX...form up a pirating party and roam populated areas giving people hell...etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    rofl..so why not create something you find interesting to do in the SANDBOX...form up a pirating party and roam populated areas giving people hell...etc...
    Pointless with an artefical safe systems were people have no influence of. Gates are missing. We have our tribe next to people but they have every possible ressource inside there camp

But the Dev is updating the game so i guess i only need to wait abit to have what i want the first combat changes are really cool

Thraz, we have plenty by making many small projects and having folks supply their own resources...

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    blah blah
    You can also move piles of lumber around your camp for a equally rewarding session.

Mac...it's almost pointless to make a positive post...there are way too many people who'll be damned if they're going to play the game, but they'll also be damned if they're going to let anyone else enjoy it either.

Oddly enough, most of them are still hanging around here on the forums instead of playing that super-secret magical sandbox game that has it all figure dout...so Xsyon is doing something right.

The simple fact this thread was even created speaks volumes. "Bored? Here are some things you can do. "

Xsyon needs change to improve, not acceptance.