Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
I see your point about have the radius be based off of upkeep instead of # of players. Your saying that this would allow smaller tribes can, if they wish, to work harder by gathering extra resources to grow their radius to something similar in size to the larger "zerg" tribes.

So how does this sound:

(1) The basic "tribe radius" would be based off of player numbers and also being flagged "active/inactive" based on the mechanic I've previously described (3 week log in interval/5 players inactive=step down in tribe radius size)

(2) The "influence radius" could be based off factors not directly tied to number of players in the tribe. These factors could include:
(a) Gathering resources for upkeep.
(b) Military force, i.e. # of kills vs. neighboring warring tribes
(c) Trade achievements/Cultural achievements
(d) Erection of some type of epic monuments in your tribal area.

Splitting it into two separate mechanics would give a nice stable and pre-defined base size for all tribes based off numbers. The "influence radius" would be a way to reward hard work and smart thinking by expanding the influence radius based of the factors mentioned above + whatever else we think of.

I think this idea has merit, but still has zerg to get big area. Also its a lot harder to put into place than just swap over to resources. With a ghost totem. I would still think the ghost totem would be good so people can preplace before hand and see what it will control and do.