Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Ok, then our opinions don't match... many on these very forums don't mix with or like your opinions, nor do I. But you know what? I don't have to.

You are right about one thing... alternative and constructive comment will be listened to if they match the developers current direction.

One reason I have not tired very much to counter your comments ddt is you will just spin it to try and support your ideas.. and quite frankly this is a game and not important enough for me to spend that much time figuring out some way to counter you. For you the Battle is EVERYTHING... I could not care less, I don't have 24 hours a day to spend on a game. I live in the Real World, not in this game like you seem to.

We are opposites, funny thing Jordi wants BOTH of us to be able to play here. I guess I could always just ignore you huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    Ok, then our opinions don't match... many on these very forums don't mix with or like your opinions, nor do I. But you know what? I don't have to.

You are right about one thing... alternative and constructive comment will be listened to if they match the developers current direction.

One reason I have not tired very much to counter your comments ddt is you will just spin it to try and support your ideas.. and quite frankly this is a game and not important enough for me to spend that much time figuring out some way to counter you. For you the Battle is EVERYTHING... I could not care less, I don't have 24 hours a day to spend on a game. I live in the Real World, not in this game like you seem to.

We are opposites, funny thing Jordi wants BOTH of us to be able to play here. I guess I could always just ignore you huh.
    it's all right.
    don't cry.
    it is just a game...and yes, presently, the forum game is more entertaining than the game game.

Actually dub I do not want it 180 degrees from where its at. You are so bent on making your point you did not see me say " PvP is and should be a part of this game "

I could care less about your play style, I just don't prefer it is all.

We will see how it turns out. new changes will be put in and if they give an advantage to you then you will like them .. in they are actually balanced towards BOTH sides you won't

heh and I will still be playing my way and making no noise since the game works for me.

*shrugs* Meh

heh I'm not crying at all.. you two are just very boring

Actually dub I do not want it 180 degrees from where its at. You are so bent on making your point you did not see me say " PvP is and should be a part of this game "

I could care less about your play style, I just don't prefer it is all.

We will see how it turns out. new changes will be put in and if they give an advantage to you then you will like them .. in they are actually balanced towards BOTH sides you won't

heh and I will still be playing my way and making no noise since the game works for me.

*shrugs* Meh

heh I'm not crying at all.. you two are just very boring
    Bold is where the problem starts right there.
    You dont care. You believe you should have it 100% your way. While people like me DO care about carebears opinions. I believe they are part of the game too, I think of ideas and try to fit BOTH sides into the solution instead of just saying "I want I want I want".

I dont know why you say I wont like a balance to both sides. You are kind of going a bit off on what you are saying. Where do you get that Dub or I dont want PVE'ers to be happy or have anything to play?

If the game works for you why were you crying when you died the other day?

Kinda funny how my post was all but ignored .. except by mac.

Oh and i do "Get it " mac.. But don't think im a carebear.. Not at all. I just don't subscribe to the all out anarchy that some here do..

I like the way wurm online does the "safe zone" deal.. you pay for guards for your area.. given enough people the guards are not that hard to kill off. (or a high lvl player) but overall it provides a relatively secure place against raids.. Granted wurm has the mechanics in place so that a player who spends the time and effort can make it really hard for any raider to attack.. But thats the way it should be.

I would really like to see the dev's take some idea's from Wurm..

Overall i subscribe to the motto = Choice is king. And limiting a players choices is a bad thing. (Then again.. you can't please everyone in this world no matter what you do.. And trying to please everyone only makes a bad situation worse).

i say let he pvpers have the game their way. Then when it dies, devs will know that the carebears make games thrives, pvpers die off due to players getting bored. pve pays the bills. and if u all say im full of crap WOW's 11 mill subs will slap ya in the face or say even rifts,eve and several other games that thrive off of pve content. But hey u want a full pvp griefering paradise by all means do it. but when it fails, blame those who wanted it and yourself. Carebears stick around and keep bills going. been proven in all games atm. Casual pvp is wat the world wants, and a very very small number care about the griefing world and they dont even stick around long in any game. they usually troll the fourms to force a game their way n when it happens they still dont return. ive played over 100 mmo's i seen what works and what doesn. Someday all of you here will realize that and sum will refuse to accept it and push their own ideas when in the end they are wrong also. Jordi the plans u had with launch, go with those and for the love of god ignore the community. We will kill this game. we kill all games.

Heya Fatboy - Gotta say that yep crush players hate to hear it but pve does pay the bills.

Wolfgar, I am not anywhere near the carebear they think I am. I too look forward to the time where my efforts and time has been used to make it really hard for a raider to affect me. To me, that is exactly where this game needs to go.. it's where I thought it was going.. still hope it does.

Jordi, please continue on with your plan. stick to your guns, but allow the dynamic of the playerbase to change if it needs to, and advertise to those that will keep you funded, not to the very ones that want you to drop YOUR idea for theirs.

Added after 10 minutes:

ill, I can't save a game any better than you can.

It is up to the developers.

Here is the difference between me and you. I will keep playing and paying to support what i think will be great later... You on the other hand, stop playing because the mean developers didn't do it your way, then instead of just moving on, you and others spend your days trying to waylay and battle those on the forums, trying to convince all how dumb they makes of the game are and belittle anyone that has an opposing viewpoint.

At least I'm not flailing at the wind. I have been collecting resources in anticipation of what Jordi does next I can't wait

One reason I have not tired very much to counter your comments ddt is you will just spin it to try and support your ideas..
    Uhm, its called a DEBATE...so that's what needs to happen! You coming here, making a huge post about stuff, then not be willing to SUPPORT YOUR ARGUMENT really gets translated as you simply crying.

If you cannot create a supportive argument for the things you are suggesting...then why even bother suggesting anything? Dubs is one of the best "debaters" available to these forums and DDT isnt far behind. They dont simply spin an argument for their own benefit...they do so because they can PROVE the other side wrong.

This whole thread simply makes you look like another whiner poster in another whiner thread without contributing anything constructive or positive. Way to help out imo.

*First post by me here in a loooong while!

Added after 8 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post
    i say let he pvpers have the game their way. Then when it dies, devs will know that the carebears make games thrives, pvpers die off due to players getting bored. pve pays the bills. and if u all say im full of crap WOW's 11 mill subs will slap ya in the face or say even rifts,eve and several other games that thrive off of pve content. But hey u want a full pvp griefering paradise by all means do it. but when it fails, blame those who wanted it and yourself. Carebears stick around and keep bills going. been proven in all games atm. Casual pvp is wat the world wants, and a very very small number care about the griefing world and they dont even stick around long in any game. they usually troll the fourms to force a game their way n when it happens they still dont return. ive played over 100 mmo's i seen what works and what doesn. Someday all of you here will realize that and sum will refuse to accept it and push their own ideas when in the end they are wrong also. Jordi the plans u had with launch, go with those and for the love of god ignore the community. We will kill this game. we kill all games.
    I wish they would give about 20 of the hardcore playerbase an administrative/testing ability on another mirrored server as the current server. Then give them full reign of how the mechanics will be implemented and done. I PROMISE you, the game we created would fill a niche and be massively successful. Why? Because there is NOTHING like that out there currently.

There are droves of pve-centric games available on the market. Why would anyone choose this in a massively flooded pve market? Apparently, not that many judging by a few minutes ago when I logged out...Carebear world is fail, log in and see. No reason to debate that, simply login to do see for yourself.

THIS community has already "killed" this game. THIS community also has about a 5:1 ratio of carebear/pvper from what I can tell. That judgment is from everything ive seen in game, from forums to in game people. Lack of working content and repetitive boring-ness is to blame, not the pvper that is simply trying to help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvadore View Post
    THIS community has already "killed" this game. THIS community also has about a 5:1 ratio of carebear/pvper from what I can tell. That judgment is from everything ive seen in game, from forums to in game people. Lack of working content and repetitive boring-ness is to blame, not the pvper that is simply trying to help it.
    I dont think the community killed the game. I think the game is moving slowly for a few reasons.
    Jordi already said he had issues with some of the programers (He let them go) which he is still dealing with those issues today. The game is in a bad state right now, Jordi knows it, we know it, the devs know it, and most people looking at the game know it.

Once the major issues are fixed and added, it doesnt matter if its a PVP game or a PVE game, these core issues must be working and fixed first.

Can a PVP game work? Yes, can a PVE game work? Yes.

When I post on the forums Im giving the opinion of what I would want and what I think will work best using my ideas and thoughts of how I would want something.

Wolfgar, the game being in alpha, beta, gamma or release, or gold or whatever doesnt matter, does it? It will only matter if you are looking to get out of paying for the game. I dont care about paying 15 or 30 or 45$ a month to a game I believe is making progress and will be fun later to play.

But if I feel the game is moving away from the core ideas it started with (like removing all pvp from the game) then I will make my voice heard, and if that doesnt help. I will remove my subs. I will also try to convince others to make their voice heard that agree with me, and if all of our voices are not heard, I believe they will do the same.

Im still here, paying for my accounts, I will be doing this for a long time. Sure Jordi has moved the game a little more to carebear, but I still believe in his hope and dreams. I believe also Jordi's vision of the game is close enough to mine that I will keep posting my ideas and opinions to try to get him to see another point of view.

If you only have PVPers or Carebears giving ideas or no one, then you only get part of the story. Ive said it before and I will say it again. Some people do not know whats best for them or what they really want. They say they want one thing but they really want another.
    Sometimes they think they want something but really they dont. It would be like giving a child all the candy they can eat. Sure they might love the taste of it, but later they will see the wisdom of why parents dont do that, when they get a tummy ache, or their teeth rot out, or get diabetes because of it. Yes these are extreme reasons, but most of the time people dont have the foresight to think a few steps ahead of what will happen if their idea is put into place, or what it takes to put in place that idea, or how it will effect other things.
    Having a lot of experience in MMO's I believe I have some good ideas, and I believe my opinions are pretty thought out.

Alpha, Beta, Release, Gamma whatever doesnt even really come into place for me those words are relative.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    it's all right.
    don't cry.
    it is just a game...and yes, presently, the forum game is more entertaining than the game game.
    The AI needs work, not challenging enough.