Thread: paying to play

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

paying to play

Well I cancelled my subscription some time ago, waiting for more to come into play. however last i updated the game i realized i shouldn't be able to update it. And what do you know? I was able to log in just fine. So im just wondering, did my subscription not get cancelled or is this some sort of bug? The account page is VERY BAD, its really hard to understand what is what on there. for example i see an account cancelled and right next to that it sais 40 dollars... not very intuitive.

Just curious, did you get an email confirming your cancellation?

no "typing in more stuff because apparentlly we cant have short messages.... how dumb"

I have paid for the pre-order but as far as to my knowledge, I have not been billed monthly. I believe once the game reaches a certain phase, the P2P system will be initialized. Basically, you paid for a functioning live-test build of the game with more features in the works and being added with updates/patches. I just hate when people point this fact out when atleast one of those people have paid for a beta. Anyone who plays Minecraft legit, has paid for a beta game in development, there are also so many other games.

Though in theory and reality, isnt a game thats constantly being updated/patched and expac'd a form of beta testing in itself but your just paying for it ? Just a theory....

I think the P2P is initialized though as I did pay to play in the first month after the free-period... unless you're saying it just hasn't been initialized for pre-order folks. Don't know that.

I did receive a cancellation email for each of my accounts (I'd say within about 3 hours) but have not tested if I can log in or update since... GuideRaguel had said nobody is playing without paying the monthly though, so I would assume the cancellation just didn't go through.

That's with regard to the real server. Test server will let everyone who has bought the game in regardless of monthly.

So who do i ask to help me? It sais the support forum is unavalable

Did you pay with paypal?