Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalisar View Post
    I thought the sandbox game was just to play... Not for trade and economy as most people think trade and econ means ridiculous trades and insane prices... That could just be me personally though.
    What does playing a game have to do with sandbox type of game?
    Sandbox game has nothing to do with "just to play". It has to do with the type of game it is, I would guess all games were "just to play". Because that statement is so broad it covers every game.

Trade, and economy are only part of what make up a sandbox game but its a major part. Its player trade, and player run economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    Oh noes... don't make me say it man, don't do it!... this isn't DFO... argh, I said it

Incidentally, if things are so easy to acquire and replace, why are YOU so interested in my loot?

But anyway, fix exploits as they appear, agreed.

What Jadzia is saying might be a good compromise though. Maybe find an equation that would use the random element but make it less possible for someone to fill up with useless stuff hoping to lessen the chances of losing the few useful things to bring home.

We've got physics experts working on this game... they can probably handle an equation or two
    Of course you would agree with what Jadzia is saying, because its going more to the carebear side of things. Its removing full loot from the game. She is major carebear, she is the queen of the carebears.

I think, fixing the exploit should have nothing to do with this. Like JC says, if you dont want to run, dont. Chalk it up as a lost. Just like you would in PVP.

I dont see how it makes it "less possible" you would drop 5 stacks of the 90 you are carrying not counting the equiped items. That means you would drop less than 5% of what you had. That sounds really effective to me. Might want to come up with a better way.

Heh its all a mute point atm since all terra forming ever done is gone atm with that last crash.. most cry babies will get all hurt and quit if its not fixed right this very second i'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Of course you would agree with what Jadzia is saying, because its going more to the carebear side of things. Its removing full loot from the game. She is major carebear, she is the queen of the carebears.
    Nah, I agree with Jadzia cuz I'm afraid of getting locked in her basement weaving grass skirts for her tribe...

You might have missed this:

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    I like full item drop on death but perhaps its too harsh for people who are not used to it.
    I think she was just open to discussion if the full drop wasn't embraced by others in the community.

None of it bothers me all that much, I'm just open to ideas others come up with if it does bother others. Don't really see any harm in that. People also sometimes offer up alternative solutions even if the problem in question doesn't necessarily bother them personally. Needn't have a dog in every race to watch the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    Nah, I agree with Jadzia cuz I'm afraid of getting locked in her basement weaving grass skirts for her tribe...

You might have missed this:

I think she was just open to discussion if the full drop wasn't embraced by others in the community.

None of it bothers me all that much, I'm just open to ideas others come up with if it does bother others. Don't really see any harm in that. People also sometimes offer up alternative solutions even if the problem in question doesn't necessarily bother them personally. Needn't have a dog in every race to watch the screen.

Im totally for 100% safe zones and no PVP, but that might be to restrictive for people who are not used to it. So lets make the whole world PVP, with starting areas where you spawn in at no PVP. Everything else no safe zones, and 100% full PVP everywhere else.

See what I did there?

I really don't see how it is 'carebear' to suggest item loss on PvE death...in case of PvP death you don't have to drop anything, do you, since you are looted ? I thought everyone were talking about PvE death...jumping off from cliffs and being killed by bears. On PvP death we should be looted during the looting timer, plus one random item disappearing if there is still something on you. This would help to avoid friends killing each others for insta travel.

JCatano, earlier I suggested full item drop on PvE death with 5 minutes timer. You and many of our brave PvPers were so against it saying its too harsh...which I really don't get. The game has full loot PvP you are not supposed to carry anything with you which you are not ready to lose...so why is it such a scary option to lose the stuffs from 5 inv slots ? The game is flooded with items, decay is slow, this would boost the economy and would avoid the really boring corpse runs.

Again, my personal favourite is full item drop on any type of death with a 5 minutes timer, after that everything disappears from the game. I suggested this before but people found it too harsh.

One of the mmo's I've played in the past has a video that needs to be heard by every player here. The Game is Eve Online and the Video is the Revelations 2 trailer. Just listen to the woman speaking. 'Man is the Destroyer of things'.

Yes we are. Nukes don't destroy the world, the man who presses the button does. Thanks for the suggestions I shall go listen.

Again, my personal favourite is full item drop on any type of death with a 5 minutes timer, after that everything disappears from the game. I suggested this before but people found it too harsh.
    Bold statement for the queen of the carebears... geesh!

I presume the order of operations should be to tackle basket permissions outside of safe zones and then revisit this idea?

Also maybe a mechanic for newer players who don't yet have many trading contacts and feasible way to replace their items so they're not stuck up a creek with no paddle for pushing their comfort zone in-game? This might be less of an issue with a more populated world though. Wasn't long ago a new player could say "help!" in general and get friendly responses. Worked for me when I started out.

JCatano, earlier I suggested full item drop on PvE death with 5 minutes timer. You and many of our brave PvPers were so against it saying its too harsh...which I really don't get. The game has full loot PvP you are not supposed to carry anything with you which you are not ready to lose...so why is it such a scary option to lose the stuffs from 5 inv slots ? The game is flooded with items, decay is slow, this would boost the economy and would avoid the really boring corpse runs.

Where did I say it was too harsh? Which "brave PvP'ers" said it was too harsh? In a past thread, I implied that you only wanted a 5 minute timer so the chances of someone looting your stuff after a PvE death would be almost zero. That way, you'd be happy that nobody got to loot your stuff, since you're a pussy carebear (see what I did there?).

Dropping a few items isn't harsh enough, and still exploitable even if the drops are random. Alts and friendlies make it exploitable with regard to instant travel even though it would potentially be more time consuming with random drops.

Again x3: Full drop, 1 hour grave or until fully looted. Why is that so scary for you?

Another "again": If you don't want to do a boring corpse run; don't. That's how to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    Where did I say it was too harsh? Which "brave PvP'ers" said it was too harsh? In a past thread, I implied that you only wanted a 5 minute timer so the chances of someone looting your stuff after a PvE death would be almost zero. That way, you'd be happy that nobody got to loot your stuff, since you're a pussy carebear (see what I did there?).

Dropping a few items isn't harsh enough, and still exploitable even if the drops are random. Alts and friendlies make it exploitable with regard to instant travel even though it would potentially be more time consuming with random drops.

Again x3: Full drop, 1 hour grave or until fully looted. Why is that so scary for you?

Another "again": If you don't want to do a boring corpse run; don't. That's how to avoid it.

Bold for effect, because that's whats important. Full loot game, I see no reason not to leave a full corpse on death. (Granted this isnt a full loot game even though it was said to be one, but I believe they are changing things to be a full loot game).

Dropping random items will still be exploited. I dont see how dropping a grave that decays, can be exploited.

I also think there should be alignment hits for people looting items off other players. Once this system is put into place, I believe it will have a great effect, also with the KO system.